Joys & strife of a poker player

pirahn

Last night i luckboxed my way to day 2 of IPO Dublin. It was close to midnight and its my little girls birthday the next day. At midnight i give her a hug and tell her the good news. Her smile turns to concern as she tells me its Diwali on sunday, moms gonna kill you. Now i have to tell mom she  has to get up at an ungodly hour on Diwali to drop me at the airport for an over priced flight. Also turns out the hotels are either booked or crazy prices. Im looking forward to booking a park bench. For those old enough im in need a hamlet cigar.

• Like 11

That reminds me when I jumped into a satellite at the last minute to the first ever Unibet UK Tour leg in Brighton due to the huge overlay.  I realised after it was being held on Valentines Day and had a similar task - how best to break the news to Julia that I had won a seat and would be away over the Valentines Day weekend!  I then won a Unibet Open package to Malta via the last longer so I hope you have the same luck.  Run good.  See you next week.

• Like 1

The cash games were rather wild, I won around 2k from NL200 and lost 1k in omaha. So overall I'm happy, could have gone worse.

As a side note, got home today afternoon while girlfriend was working, she was not happy finding me playing UOS tournaments even though I tried to explain to her that it is a leaderboard series. 

• Like 1