Intruducing Unibet-Step program ;)

jerry

Step1 for 1e with 9 people. Paid  4x step2 tickets (worth 2e) + 0,1 for 5th place   (rake 0.1e)

Step2 for 2e with 9 people. Paid 4x step3 tickets (worth 4e) + 0,92 for 5th place (rake 0.12e)

Step3 for 4e with 9 people. Paid 4x step4 tickets (worth 8e) + 0,4 for 5th place (rake 0.40e)

Step4 for 8e with 9 people. Paid 4x step5 tickets (worth 16e) + 0,8 for 5th place. (there are no 8e mtt on Unibet so i took rake 7.2 + 0.8 could be higher since no one care for this 0.8mincash )

And final step5 16e with 9 people. Minus rake its 129.6e up for grabs (again rake i take for this is doubled up so 9x 14.4=129.6). Paid 4 places with real money 32e and for 5th sore loser 1.6e.

Blinds with 6min will be more than ok.

1e MTTs could start every 10-15-30min once the 9 people register it will start. 2e every 30-60min. 4e every 60-120, 8e once or twice a day. And 16e on weekends or once the day at the evening.

Will this take money/people from UK/UO? I dont really think so. This would work as a added incentive to more grind not to replace some other MTTs.

So, guys what do you think :)

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Certainly not opposed to a step programme that starts on demand. I really like the 4e to 20e cash tournaments and the structure for them, but for them to be worthwhile they would have to follow the standard tournament buy in sizes ie 1,2,5,10,25,50,100 (then maybe 250 trade for uk package, 500 for dso package or ultimate gamble for 2000 uo package) Or some combination of this. I’m a satellite lover though so anything like this I would always vote for 😃

I just miss old satelite systems. There was once a network with similar steps program where from 0.50e in a week/two not really playing a lot (or whats most important not risking a lot), you could make 120-200e in the final step so i thought it would be a good idea to make it here. I mean it would be no charity 😏 Unibet still would get good rake from this (like i said rake from late steps could be higher so the 5th paid place would be eliminated or even take some from 4th place i would not care), traffic would be the same like in UO. I just looked satelites in some other site from low to high stakes and there are now zero value in them. There was one fine sat but they make just now that you cant unregister from the target tournament :). So annoying...

We have 2e and 4e step it up and while its not hard to win this its not sure thing and there are 2/3 or longer streaks of nothing. Make there 5e-6e (in 4e 10-12e) winnings (and removing gtd cause because of this its only starting 3,4/7) would be maybe better. Slow but steady income should be poker IMO all about. UO satellite system is perfect example and probably best sat system out there (anyone knows better one let me know), even if it could be better even without the overlays. 

Why not make sats a little easier. We have this 1e==>5e===>25e mtts why not make them easier 1e-2e-4-8e etc until the target tournament.

Anyway its just proposition, i know that this things are probably in the past. Thx for replys.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

- smaller ratios don't make it easier, it makes it harder to beat the rake

- as moretbc mentioned double or nothing formats are the most colluded form of poker in existence since it provides such a massive and constant edge to collude

- I assume some of the higher steps will hardly ever start, players that got to that step will probably have to register every day until one finally does, that's not a good player experience

- almost nobody registers tournaments with no guarantee

That being said some step it up formats that award cash prizes could be viable and enjoyable, but they need to be better than the current sng offering for people to play them, so for example a 5x ratio 1 ticket is worse than a sng and wouldn't work as all the cancelling tournaments of that format are showing. Maybe with multiple tickets gtd but then the liquidity might not be big enough as the overlays are showing (in some sattie tournaments, idk how the step it up tournaments were doing). 

How about step it down mtts, reg a UO50 everyone wins 5x10UOs. Will save on tix exchanges and will make everyone feel good cos they have a 100% roi 🤣

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@FeelsBadManwrote:

- smaller ratios don't make it easier, it makes it harder to beat the rake

- as moretbc mentioned double or nothing formats are the most colluded form of poker in existence since it provides such a massive and constant edge to collude

- I assume some of the higher steps will hardly ever start, players that got to that step will probably have to register every day until one finally does, that's not a good player experience

- almost nobody registers tournaments with no guarantee

That being said some step it up formats that award cash prizes could be viable and enjoyable, but they need to be better than the current sng offering for people to play them, so for example a 5x ratio 1 ticket is worse than a sng and wouldn't work as all the cancelling tournaments of that format are showing. Maybe with multiple tickets gtd but then the liquidity might not be big enough as the overlays are showing (in some sattie tournaments, idk how the step it up tournaments were doing). 

I don’t play step it ups every day but the last 4e I played had over 50 runners. Pretty good in my opinion for a sat. I assume cash prize rather than ticket is reason why though. I agree though, they are collusion havens. 

Perhaps having designated start times for later levels would solve reg problems. Once a week final etc. As I say I’m a sat ❤️♥️❤️ and the more the better for me lol overall love the schedule though wouldn’t want to Clutter it up but I do think some sort of ‘on demand’ mtt could work even if it wasn’t a sat and just a freeze out (2e 50 runners on demand etc)

@jonny2192wrote:

How about step it down mtts, reg a UO50 everyone wins 5x10UOs. Will save on tix exchanges and will make everyone feel good cos they have a 100% roi 🤣

+1

Best idea so far :D

On topic, I would vote for a step system, but not for the double or nothing kind proposed, maybe one similar to what Stars was running i.e. from a Step3, the first 2 get a Step4 ticket, the next 2 get a Step3 ticket and the next 2 get a Step2, or smth like this.

@ChapInAChair wrote:

@jonny2192wrote:

This is an absolutely brilliant idea, although I'd still expect to bubble somehow.

@ChapInAChair This has actually happened, there used to be veryone wins freerolls with 100 tixs, It got setup wrong one day and became the infamous nearly everyone wins MTT where I think everyone except a few people won.

@psrquack wrote:

Oh, the almost everybody wins freerolls. Good old memories.

Not as good as the memory of us all being able to afford a carribean holliday, when Jamie caught up with missing ticket giveaways 🤣

Archived