Impolite SNG.

yarik_gr

I wanna ask the Community two questions! I can consider myself as a regular SNG player and everyday I see two things which are seems impolite for me. Of cause, poker is the game of skill and "there are no friends there", but some things are looking impolite for me and I wanna know the others opinion about it. Just imagine the situations:

1. You are heads up with the guy with 100/200bb and opp is always make his decisions at the last second (to make the blinds bigger and play push/fold HU, I believe). Ok, I can accept it, but sometimes I wanna just finish my session to take a little break, but there is only one table left with this guy and it takes a lot of extra time to finish it. I can't believe that somebody is thinking so much time about every move, especially when I saw that guy playing 4+ tables at the same time.

2. Three players left with one sit out. Blinds 100/200, you have 3k, sit out guy have 1k chips and chipleader have a little less than 6k. What should you do? Of cause as a chipleader you should put a pressure to finish at the first place, but when you are second you are thinking like "Ok, I will fold all that A3o and 22, just let's finish with that sit out guy and let's play 8k/2k HU", but some guys are just keep folding to sit out guy to knock you out third. It's seems like unfair advantage and tilts a lot. As about me, I'm always put a pressure as a chipleader, but I never did things like that, because if somebody wants to play, should he suffer because of some guy who just left the game? And should that leaver get 2nd place? He didn't deserve it.

What do you think? Is that normal thing and we should use it as our strategy, because it doesn't forbidden or should we treat it like slowroll and respect other players with never doing things like these?

1) Let me guess, his name was CrazyFusz?

2) Boo-hoo. You actually have to play instead of blinding down the sit-out? You mean, you actually have to play Poker and earn your place in the money? Oh the horror... 🤣

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Yeah the first thing is annoying and just makes people quit the game, so that player is killing off his own games by doing that. Probably a barely winning player/losing anyway so I guess it doesn't matter to him. Technically since he has the option to do so then he is allowed to do it, but personally I would like a warning for people that do stuff that aren't in the spirit of the game / just to grief people. Just making the timebank system less abusable would be a much better solution.

As for the 2'nd situation, well, the chipleader wants the bubble to last as long as possible, so he can get the maximum amount of chips before you are released from the shackles of ICM. Lappin does this quite a bit and it's a good strategy. The point is not to bust you in 3'rd place, just to take as many of your chips with no resistance. That being said some people could also do it as a form of soft collusion if the other guy is a friend, or it can look like that even if he doesn't know the other guy, so the 3'rd person can feel cheated when he does bubble soo not so sure about this one. 

I think playing heads up in the way you described is pretty rude and is probably done to put you on tilt.

As for the chip leader raising you when there is a sit out on the table and only the three of you left, well to be honest, I'd do it too if I knew you were going to fold every time I raised. The other thing is have you ever thought that the guy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he does as you say he can be accused of colluding with the other player but if he folds and gives you a free run at the sit out he could be accused of colluding with you. Because of that he should just play his own game and not worry about you sat there cursing him for keeping raising you out of a pot.

As far as I'm concerned off the table we can be the best of friends, enjoy a beer together etc etc. As soon as we sit down at a poker table that goes out the window and I'll do anything that is permitted within the game to get your chips off you.

Archived