I keep losing my generic tickets, because unibet autochooses them instead of the specific ones

MrBandes

2020-04-19_193535.thumb.jpg.c8f91d33d17bfdfa189441605dccf857.jpg2020-04-19_193539.thumb.jpg.4f05b58607dab33d8ee93af36c30b3ca.jpg

Tell me it's not intentional! I won a ticket to Nebula today, i register, client picked up one of my generic tickets.

I bust, rebuy window autochooses one of my other generic tickets. Fantastic!

I don't know how many times this happened already to me, but it's becoming frustrating!

Like i win a unibet open ticket, alright let's play a unibet open qualifier! Client checks if i have a generic ticket, and will use it up when i register instead of the unibet open ticket! Fking brilliant guys! Just keep making us disappointed with these moves. 

I started playing here in 2016, and been stuck here since most of time, and hardly using any other platforms. But now i see there are better options, because too much messy things happen on this platform beside the things which are OK.

@FreedoM wrote:

Honestly they could do a better job but you also could register it in your brain and take that 1 extra second to choose the correct ticket.

After enough occasions losing generic tickets one learns to double check everything. But i also forget this in the good hope that i am not getting scammed in these situations. It would be so nice if automatically the right thing would happen, which is that the client autoselects SPECIFIC tickets for that tourney if they are AVAILABLE.

• Like 2

@MrBandes wrote:

@FreedoM wrote:

Honestly they could do a better job but you also could register it in your brain and take that 1 extra second to choose the correct ticket.

After enough occasions losing generic tickets one learns to double check everything. But i also forget this in the good hope that i am not getting scammed in these situations. It would be so nice if automatically the right thing would happen, which is that the client autoselects SPECIFIC tickets for that tourney if they are AVAILABLE.

Calling it a Scam is going a little bit too far in my book. However we don't really live in a "would be nice" reality, but we do live in "it just is this way" reality and it's up to ourselves to adjust to what is. :happyshy:

• Like 2

@FreedoM wrote:

@MrBandes wrote:

@FreedoM wrote:

Calling it a Scam is going a little bit too far in my book. However we don't really live in a "would be nice" reality, but we do live in "it just is this way" reality and it's up to ourselves to adjust to what is. :happyshy:

soft scamming

what you are trying to tell me is that this world is not that nice a place where i could expect not being taken advantage in these situations.

which means in other words i should be thankful if the client would autochoose the specific ticket at any given time. that would be sooo GENEROUS from unibet.

• Like 2

@MrBandes wrote:

Tell me it's not intentional!

If you mean we've deliberatedly designed something to frustrate players and get absolutely 0 value from it; it's not intentional.

We'll be implemententing an improvement to the ticket sorting login in the next release, so they're by expiry date and not crediting date. Won't solve this particular issue, but thought it was worth mentioning. 

It's unfortunately not something we can prioritize right now, but it's on the backlog :) thank you for your understanding

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I've used thousands of tickets, when I need to switch I just click on the ticket in that dropdown and it works most of the time, don't really see how it's such a huge issue for you. As a new player experience it's for sure not great and should be improved, BUT, I think it would be even worse if they didn't put the soonest expiring ticket first, since a person could see a ticket expiring in a day and try to play a tournament of that value, and end up with the ticket expiring cause a specific event ticket got used. I feel like that's a far more likely scenario for a noob.  

Not really sure what the best design choice would be to both prioritize specific event tickets and avoid the latter issue. And if it even matters much, like how many people even have multiple types of tickets that would be seriously impacted by using one or the other, and of those how many actually struggle with it? Personally I just find it slightly annoying but hardly ever an issue.

Later edit: maybe a better design choice would be to pop-up that dropdown when you click the ticket button, and maybe have something that expires very soon marked in red, that might help with preventing errors, but I'd probably be very annoyed with having to do an extra click when I don't need it most of the time :happyshy:

• Like 1

@CuteRaven wrote:

Using the word scam implies Unibet is trying to defraud you. Just because Unibet has a stupid design flaw in their software does not mean that they are trying to defraud you (and obviously there is no incentive to do that either). @MrBandes 

Anyone can try this who has generic and specific tickets of the same value. Go to the tickets section, choose one of your SPECIFIC tickets, you will see the list of available tournaments where you can use them. Choose a tournament, then select Register. You will be presented with the option of using up a ticket for that tournament, but NOT that ticket which you used to select that tournament. I found this UNETHICAL FUNCTIONING.

I see it's not on the priorities cause it gives no profit for unibet. In fact it will cost profit. Because as we all know, profit maximising within the laws are the sole objective of corporations without the need of ethical funcitioning. Yes i heard already that "unibet is not making big money from poker" blablabla. FINE, then why not function ethically ? Well it's not on the priorities list as i see. 

"corporation is an organization—usually a group of people or a company—authorized by the state to act as a single entity" - from Wikipedia

"If corporations are indeed "persons," their mental condition can accurately be described as pathological. Corporations have no innate moral impulses, and in fact they exist solely for the purpose of making money. As such, these "persons" are systemically driven to do whatever is necessary to increase revenues and profits, with no regard for ethical issues that might nag real people.

But, you say, corporations are owned and managed by real people, so surely immoral corporate actions might be inhibited by them? Well, not really. First of all, the officers and directors who run corporations are actually duty-bound to act in the corporation's best financial interest, and that means they are obliged to do whatever they can within the law to make money. Thus, this fiduciary duty requires corporate management to set aside ethical niceties when they get in the way of corporate profits." - just google Why Corporations Are Psychotic

You might find this a bit offtopic here and outrages, but i see it as a clear example of lack of "ethical priorities".

I am disappointed and tilted at the moment. Although it's a relatively MINOR thing i know, compared to people losing hundreds of euros because of getting disconnected after ddos attacks, but i feel i need to RAISE attention on these "little" things, which can be hugely annoying and disturbing for recreational players here.

I am not a professional player,  but i play a bit more than normal recreationals. It would be nice if these fixes wouldn't take years. 

I have shared my thoughts now, i know some people usually come here on these occasions and start doing the "oh you shouldn't be so upset about these things and blablabla" and "be happy that you can play here". For these people thinking about replying to my thoughts overprotecting unibet, i am suggesting, take your time and use for something else instead. I am not interested in these comments whether i should not be upset. Of course i should not be that upset, but you know this happened to me so many times over the years and i am STILL not used to this, and now i got fed up by this, because if i don't complain, NOTHING WILL CHANGE about it ever.

Thank you for letting me share my opinions on this. Hope there will be some change soon. 

I play in that 9-12 range of tables, and when I played the bulk of my tickets I had even more tables, and it was fine, but yeah I agree that for rebuys in particular it's a bit annoying, still doable. I'd say the rebuy pop-up during the addon break is far far more annoying, although I got used to x that one away every single time, but that one impacts a far less niche part of the population. Pretty sure that one is on the list of many fairly important improvements/fixes that are prioritized for this year. 

• Like 2

There's a lot of tilt involved in that reply, and you honestly lost me halfway through with that corporation and persons novel. Saying stuff like Unibet only caring about revenue and solely prioritizing according to short-term profit, that's a bit stupid. Check the release notes for the past 12 months and you'll see how much time has been spent on MTT bug fixes for instance. The ethical part is nonsense to me.

Also, if we were only about the money, would we just have paid out 50 % extra (€29,000) in refunds, when we didn't have to? Sure, we don't care about the player experience and are completely blinded by our focus on profit maximization :)

• Like 3

Of course if there is a design flaw in the software then it should be pointed out and fixed, and I'm not claiming that companies are automatically ethical either.

However the idea that Unibet would be broke enough to spend the time of developers to intentionally develop a system that swindles players out of their tournament tickets (which are worth pennies in comparison to Unibets revenue) is hilariously absurd. Even purely profit driven companies are incentivised to offer their customers a pleasant experience. If a company (especieally true for big well known companies) gets a reputation of trying to scam their customers it's going to hurt them in the long term. @MrBandes 

• Like 3

I am going to add on a little bit from my side.

Those who are saying that "Use an extra second to select the ticket you want to use", the below is for you all.

Here is a screenshot of a few 2 UO tickets I have. Note that the top ticket expires in 20 hours and I want to use that.

1460824005_2uo.PNG.ee01a9f796390a1442b051a4f21a5c3d.PNG

I go to the tournament lobby. Find the next €2 UO entry tourney and try to register. Below is what I see. 

1848815680_2uoreg.PNG.5dadc7e5677ef871295cffffbed02310.PNG

There are only 2 options. First one says the ticket expires in a month. What is meant by that? I have multiple tickets that are expiring in a month. Why cant I see all my tickets here and select the one I want? Moreover, hoping that this option automatically chooses the one that is expiring first, I went ahead with the registration. After that I went to my ticket inventory. Below is what I see.

894424132_uolol.PNG.747a404cdf9604a535ea9616eafff036.PNG

My first expiring ticket is still unused and a random ticket has been used to register. 

Care to explain this @Stubbe-Unibet ? How am I supposed to use my expiring €2 UO ticket?

Now I dont even want to find out how many times has this happened in the past. God knows. There is no notification for "soon expiring tickets".

@RogueWitch, as mentioned above, this will be fixed in the next release :) It's always been like this (and back in the day you couldn't even select which ticket to use) :)

Today, they're sorted by crediting date, and tickets have different expiry values. After this night - when the release goes out - they'll be sorted by expiry date instead :)

The problem of sorting is another thing. 

@Stubbe-Unibet I have a slighlty different problem here. Leaving everything aside, tell me how do I use my €2 UO ticket that is soon to expire.

Also, being a product manager myself, where can I give feedback and suggestions about the UX/UI which could be taken into consideration?

Should have elaborated a bit. With the sorting I also meant which ticket is chosen. As I said, it's currently by crediting date instead of expiry date. In this case you've got a ticket which was credited recently but will expire soon; so it's one of the last tickets to be used, despite being close to expiring

So again, the issue will be fixed tonight (kind of fortunate timing with the release being in hours, after it having been like this for years :D).

If you don't manage to use the ticket, before it expires, just let me know and I'll credit another one.

You can make a post in the poker section or submit an idea in the idea exchange. Note that the client will be completely redesigned in a matter of months (and everything has been signed off).

• Like 1

@RogueWitch 

That's specifically a multibuyin tournament problem, idk why those still exist cause they're a pretty bad format, out of everything in the schedule there's only a handful left, all of them being in the 1 and 2€ unibet open satties. You won't have that issue with normal tournaments that don't have this silly multi-buyin option. They could fix this by finally getting rid of the multi-buyin option from these few tournaments that are left, and just keep it for multi ticket promos. 

What you can do to use that specific ticket is what we all used to do back in the day when you weren't able to click on a ticket, use all your other tickets on tournaments starting in the future until you're left with the ticket you want to use, use that ticket to register your soon starting tournament and immediately unregister everything else. Obviously this is a very annoying process and as I said they should just remove the multi-buyin format to get rid of any isse like this, but until then, this is an option.

LE: I see you already got a response but I didn't refresh the page recently, whoops :happyshy:

• Like 2