How to win?

Boby

I have a question for Unibet: How the fookk somebody can win against players that are receving best hands every time?  And why the bad foookiing runs,it should be a random card generator,NO? like in the pics that MeiMei won every all in with insane hands

9999.thumb.png.353a8ca3ed22eb3cb28f3e47d82dda7e.png55565.thumb.png.1b600022f4618e15ea98e0c5293a2ade.png89898.thumb.png.937386d7c391c3345f1f6e7cb0d8a59b.png1010101.thumb.png.0232712df7dfd7c9e2ee946745e013fe.png

@Boby I know it's not easy to get beat by hands like 73, K6 etc... and you usually want to blame the software in this situations but it's not like this...

My suggestion(what works in my case) is to take a break and study, analyse different hands and see what you could have done better in some spots. Also, The Mental Game of Poker 1 & 2 by Jared Tendler helped me a lot with my tilt/ mental game problems, so you might want to check those books...

Better luck in the future and don't forget that on the long run you'll punish players like meimei and lucky for us we have many players like that on Unibet 😃 *just think about it, do you want good or bad players at your table?

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@Boby 

I sort of feel for ya here. But there are what you call better starting hands.....that is hands that are best from the flop....but it ain’t about how you start a race but how you finish. The K6 vs JJ....JJ obviously better starting hand....but after the community it was second best....Mei Mei now has a large stack and just opts for calling more and does hit some lucky spots. 

This has happened to me loads of times and will continue to happen as well. Random generator? Yes I think so. Other sites being better? No I’d say the same. And the example is this I remember playing on PokerStars once heads up against this guy who has a very wee stack compared to mine and he beats me for 7 all ins in a row to take first! Yeah these kind of things do happen!

Just blow some steam off and take a break and get back up when you’re ready. Bad beats....you get em and you give em...that’s poker for you!

It look even worse when you shove out of no were and get call by 7 3 off and lose !

it could feel like an equal of the piece of the pie, but some players with no business in the hand lol right ist ruff

take it easy brother

Just a quick point but how come winning players never moan about the software, I'm not mocking you, It's a serious question, might start a thread if any feedback.😃

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Just a quick point but how come winning players never moan about the software, I'm not mocking you, It's a serious question, might start a thread if any feedback.😃

it seems like your mocking everybody that ever lost a hand in poker lol

@pittpitt wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Still waiting for someone who never lost a hand, took a bad beat or got coolered :)

@Shoryureppa wrote:

@pittpitt wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Still waiting for someone who never lost a hand, took a bad beat or got coolered :)

and actually enjoy it...you know the things that ppl can enjoy in life , can be insignificant to others like passively talking crap :P

@pittpitt wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

I'm sorry @pittpitt but how often have you seen someone post a hand where tthey've shoved or called an all in with 74o and then said "I won that crap hand so the software must be rigged?" It's only when we lose hands that we're ahead in that we complain, winnihg hands when we're behind no complaints. Yesterday I played 6 UK qualifiers and won 1, the other 5 I was ahead on the last all in and lost all 5, not massively ahead on any of them, but it still hurts to lose.

130798069_Screenshot(76)_LI.thumb.jpg.514e479b1fc1377d878702d13757c05d.jpg                         

What I thought was a reasonable shove given my stack size, and what I thought was a poor call, but it happens all the time. Am I mocking myself because I lost?

I don't think there's anything odd going on here just run bad, I might easily win 5 in a row today.

Just a question from an interested player.😃

Edit: The large stacks do shove more with crap, trying for a quick KO, knowing they've still got a large enough stack if they lose a couple of flips.😃

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Edit: The large stacks do shove more with crap, trying for a quick KO, knowing they've still got a large enough stack if they lose a couple of flips.😃

Exactly. Most posts are often so fueled with anger because ppl only see the cards they lost to, instead of the whole picture of the situation. Calling some ministack's jam i.e with 26s and large stack, is perfectly fine imo, especially from blinds and close to moneyplaces. Sometimes it's more infuriating to see ppl fold hands in situations like that :annoyed:

Bad beats happen to me all day long but I don't tilt and try to continue to play my best game, because in the end if you get it in good all the time, you'll be a winner... here some spots from the 5 euro bounty tournament against (IMO) a bad player:

188342489_aplayerthatcall40BBshovewithQJo.jpg.adf9fe025e0281b8ff0e001366567535.jpg1294692125_aplayerthatcall40BBshovewithQJo2.jpg.f0c9e79f95cb12417892f1e84135a0fb.jpg278387476_freeflopfromBBpart1.jpg.41bfb6ad37a0c9b2adbd0392dafba5ae.jpg179520842_freeflopfromBBpart2.jpg.f0c7f2f9fd8c13d4e06be31edac37990.jpg1077710200_openpre3betshoveflopriveragainpart1.jpg.683782f02815ae9b5ac1247929fc31d1.jpg858032122_openpre3betshoveflopriveragainpart2.jpg.544a9a3734df6379c2eaedf0f32aad66.jpg269242611_butintheendfishisout.jpg.03958fdf3e734b950dd4093491803d80.jpg

This is just an example... I get my premium hands cracked even tho we're all in preflop and I have 70%+ equity too but that's poker(don't forget that the maniac that shoves his 72o into your AA stil has 13% equity, so aprox 1 in 9 hands you should expect to lose* that's just math and nobody says it can't happen 10 times in a row :P )... in the end, if you can't take bad beats maybe poker isn't the game fo you... 

GL all at the tables :cash:

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

Nice summary @BillyR23 🆗 

Ja, on lower stakes sometimes thats poker. So familiar situation 🆒 When i see his hand, and i say excellent. Wonderful flop, great turn, ohhhh, wtf river... I just tell fuxx your mother, cut your head down, why dont you jump from floor 69, than i (try to) move on 😀 Otherwise this donk will take all my money, because i start to play badly too. Often happens 🤣

@Livertool wrote:

How to win?

Well, withdraw balance, buy girl dinner and flowers, get laid. Everyone wins: resteurant keeper, florist, her and you :D

But what if she says no? You played your cards right but the pot goes to some douchebag.

You see the pattern @Livertool ? 😏

Conclusion:

Some of us are just luckier than the others. 

@OmNomNom wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

How to win?

Well, withdraw balance, buy girl dinner and flowers, get laid. Everyone wins: resteurant keeper, florist, her and you :D

But what if she says no? You played your cards right but the pot goes to some douchebag.

You see the pattern @Livertool ? 😏

Conclusion:

Some of us are just luckier than the others. 

Then you first hit liqour store and then back to ♣️♠️♥️♦️ tables. Mad tilt all in, :cash: to the middle as many times that :cash1: all gone. Open booze bottle of your choice and bottoms up. After that it is fairly easy to cry yourself to 😪 😛

Body, everyoone has felt the way you do when you are not winning.  But it is a game where you have to constantly study and learn and to do that you have to make mistakes, you have to keep trying, and you have to admit your short comings.   

The hands you showed are poor hands to be in, if you think any two can win and then play that way, I am sorry but you are going to loose a lot more than you win.     The most basic skill is knowing which starting hands work at which seat and the only hand is the K J and only then at the right seat against the right blinds.

hang in there, keep fighting, loose the temper and study, study, study

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@pittpitt wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

I'm sorry @pittpitt but how often have you seen someone post a hand where tthey've shoved or called an all in with 74o and then said "I won that crap hand so the software must be rigged?" It's only when we lose hands that we're ahead in that we complain, winnihg hands when we're behind no complaints. Yesterday I played 6 UK qualifiers and won 1, the other 5 I was ahead on the last all in and lost all 5, not massively ahead on any of them, but it still hurts to lose.

2077599825_Screenshot(76)_LI.thumb.jpg.faaa2bdb4f1258febc9ded5aa397ce70.jpg                         

What I thought was a reasonable shove given my stack size, and what I thought was a poor call, but it happens all the time. Am I mocking myself because I lost?

I don't think there's anything odd going on here just run bad, I might easily win 5 in a row today.

Just a question from an interested player.😃

when players are price in to call with live cards ,and you stack is under 8 to 10 big blind..if they know how to play,,, be prepare to get call lighters in spot where they are somehow price in , or they have to play a big stack game because it is just the right thing to do  !!

h

with time these bizarre plays add up , one day you gonna play 10 mtt....shove on turn with a 9 on a 10 9 3 2 board get call by q 7 off like what? but hey 10 out of 10 times that day the river was q !  it may seem un-probable, unlikely, completely nuts that somebody would call and hit that river 10 out of 10 times lol but not impossible ,one day or another it could happen!

now im saying if you play too much it will happen lol so dont play to much lol

@pittpitt A I said, big stacks will call light hoping for a quick KO, which I am well aware of, but the original comment by @Boby was yet another example of questioning the integrity of the software by someone losing to what looks like a badly played hand. I'm not doing that, I truly believe there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for "rigged" software, and my question was why don't winning players or suckout winners complain that they are winning unfairly. I can't remember who said it but it was on the lines of, "I knew the game was rigged but it was the only game in town" Is there anyone out there that thinks the game is rigged but carries on playing because it's rigged in their favour, anyone that constantly bad beats others over a long period of time, or is it truly swings and roundabouts, ups and downs, to and fro etc.It's human nature to blame someone or something else for our failings, but I'm saying it's not neccessarily failings, just variance.As many have said AA will lose a % of the time, and often it will lose many times in a row, but Nathan Williams (BlackRain 79) reckons the long run is at least 100,000 hands, small or even medium to long losing runs are nothing in the scheme of things.

I'm posting this because over the years I've swung back and forth over the "rigged" debate, but now I'm firmly in the "Nothing to see here, move on" camp, but the debate still interests me.

I played 16 sngs yesterday for the World Cup challenge and recorded my every last hand, It's only a small sample size but if ther's any interest I'll run through them.

Run Good.😃

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@pittpitt A I said, big stacks will call light hoping for a quick KO, which I am well aware of, but the original comment by @Boby was yet another example of questioning the integrity of the software by someone losing to what looks like a badly played hand. I'm not doing that, I truly believe there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for "rigged" software, and my question was why don't winning players or suckout winners complain that they are winning unfairly. I can't remember who said it but it was on the lines of, "I knew the game was rigged but it was the only game in town" Is there anyone out there that thinks the game is rigged but carries on playing because it's rigged in their favour, anyone that constantly bad beats others over a long period of time, or is it truly swings and roundabouts, ups and downs, to and fro etc.It's human nature to blame someone or something else for our failings, but I'm saying it's not neccessarily failings, just variance.As many have said AA will lose a % of the time, and often it will lose many times in a row, but Nathan Williams (BlackRain 79) reckons the long run is at least 100,000 hands, small or even medium to long losing runs are nothing in the scheme of things.

I'm posting this because over the years I've swung back and forth over the "rigged" debate, but now I'm firmly in the "Nothing to see here, move on" camp, but the debate still interests me.

I played 16 sngs yesterday for the World Cup challenge and recorded my every last hand, It's only a small sample size but if ther's any interest I'll run through them.

Run Good.😃

great post man

i kinda stick to my shtick too , common sense acrosses the board is far greater then the ' uncommon sens ' 1....can't discard them

Hi @GR1ZZL3R

I truly believe there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for "rigged" software”

I’m not suggesting for a moment that the software here is rigged. This thread just consists of someone upset about common or garden bad beats - there’s no detail of how the hands played out and when all is said and done, in none of them,  did he have better than a pair if you take into account the board itself pairing.

However, it would be a mistake to think that all sites are fair and that  “rigged software” wouldn’t offer advantages to a site. A few years ago the Head of Poker at a certain site said, “We have to make the game more attractive to poor players” ( or words to that effect). I don’t think he meant, “We’re going to rig the software”, but it would be a way, albeit at high risk, to do exactly what that guy wanted. It would be advantageous to a site if they tilted the software to help out the poorer player. A site needs footfall and turnover of cash at the tables. Helping out duffers a little would achieve that end.

There’s also the case on Ultimate Bet or Absolute Bet of the Potripper scandal. It’s a while a go now and I can’t remember the details but it killed the sites overnight. People cheat. It happens. You’d think, “Nah. Not worth the risk” but look at FullT - different circumstances but amounts to the same thing - a bent site. PKR were still giving offers on new deposits in the very week they shut down. Again, a poker site acting immorally, if not illegally.

One player is simply not going to see enough hands to know whether a site is dodgy. The sample size is always going to be way too small. My take on it - if it’s in your head that something is amiss, play somewhere else. In all my time playing poker there’s only been one site on which I’ve lost money - and I’ve had several cracks at it, losing every time - so now I just avoid it. 99% of me thinks that it’s just variance, but there’s the nagging 1% that says “I wouldn’t play on Poker ️s again to save my life.

I think the message re poker sites is, “You’re probably OK, but you might not be. Don’t assume it’s fair and definitely don’t assume your money is safe.”

Hi @illiteratum

@Boby started this thread, not suggesting the site is rigged but unhappy that the software somehow is not being "fair" and I'm trying to discuss why only losing players seem to have this perception. I'm not saying any of the examples he posted were badly played, they look like standard hands to me, I'm trying to point out there's nothing out of the ordinary so far, and players shouldn't be blaming software, even for long runs of losing when ahead.

Any business wants to attract new customers and, probably just as important, keep them, which I think Unibet does by looking after the fun players with low stakes promos, freerolls community comps etc, but unfortunately there will always be a minority that are dissatisfied for whatever reason, and from what I see Unibet does a tremendous amount to keep everyone happy, there are so many companies and so many ways to spend our disposable income that customer satisfaction in most is top priority, but they can't really help anyone that thinks something is dodgy, only by the usual re-assurances of regulation etc.

Some sites may be dodgy, I have'nt seen one yet, but if I thought so I just simply wouldn't play on them or leave money on them. The potripper was when one or more players (the whole extent of the scandal still hasn't come to light yet) could see all the hole cards of all the players, one in particular winning at an unprecedented rate, which rang alarm bells with the good players, they didn't have to play too long to see that something was off, and Full Tilt seemed to be a mix of greed and incompetence. All customers of any company should be aware that things can and do go wrong, and sadly when big money is involved big mistakes can be made.

My main point is that winning or lucky players don't complain, why is that. Is it that they don't want it to be noticed that they are winning too much and have the software tweaked against them?

1766442464_Screenshot(102).thumb.png.7c793fe962f59e07902d7a8af8fe5f54.png                        

Down...............

271901534_Screenshot(103).thumb.png.01349d4b538b61e33bd966f714ebed2a.png                       

...........................but not out..............................yet.

I'm not complaining but I bet someone wasn't happy.

847731221_Screenshot(104).thumb.png.ef8487c4129a3a2b9e83e0bf47e3d095.png

Went on to win that one.........................totally rigged.🤣

I think it's a very good point, that no one ever comes in and says in the mold of "I've just bad beated a guy 4 times, the software must be rigged in my favor" :)

To answer your worries @Boby: no we don't rig the software to help out less experienced poker players. Considering we're a publicly traded company and how relatively little of our business is poker, it would be completely nonsensical to risk breaking the law and getting caught - only to help out a group of players do better in poker.

It's right that there has been scandals before in poker like with potripper on Absolute Poker, but that wasn't some grand conspiracy from the site itself, but a former work/tester who had access to an account where all cards could be seen. There were suspcision from his cash game play on that account, but he ultimately got caught because he played a high stakes tournament(IIRC it was 1K buy in) and played every single hand until he had won.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

Archived