How do you deal with "All In" ?

Puzzl3

Hello guys, maybe many of you often meet or have met this style of play. Each hand is ALL-IN.
I'm provoked to create this topic after I've just started to meet this type of play too often. Many of you know what I mean.

Usually, wait for a "holy" hand (AA, KK, AK, AQ, pairs and more) and attack :happy: but when they beat you again and again with hands like 95, 72, 3J and many more :speechless::speechless::speechless: How do you deal with that?

Maybe I need some tips on how to deal with this.

I know there are players who really can be useful to me.

P.S. In HEXAPRO I meet it every single game :scared:

Even the longest journey starts with the first step !

In Hexapro it probably hurts a lot because you might not meet that player again and you cannot win your money back. But in cash games, just reload and call them wider, almost any ace if there are not many people behind you left to act, some suited Kings like K8+, QJ+. It's easier in cash games because you can get all your money back if your bankroll can handle the swings.

In conclusion if you get it in favorite and lose you cannot do anything, you did your best. It will even out in time.

Better to be lucky than good.

I play more tourney's than any other format and they ruin your whole tourney with those all inn raises ... especially against your AA or KK which is hard to fold preflop ... I have even started to fold AK and AQ preflop because they will raise you with J 4 and you call and the board comes J 8 4 4 2 ... they always make a superb hand or beat you on the river ... with no logical explanation why they play it ... 😠

Veni, Vidi .... Amavi

@MeganW wrote:

I play more tourney's than any other format and they ruin your whole tourney with those all inn raises ... especially against your AA or KK which is hard to fold preflop ... I have even started to fold AK and AQ preflop because they will raise you with J 4 and you call and the board comes J 8 4 4 2 ... they always make a superb hand or beat you on the river ... with no logical explanation why they play it ... 😠

That's why I started this topic. I'm tired of this ... every single time they beat with "magical" hands on the river. It's a fact!

Even the longest journey starts with the first step !

The varaiance will even out as said before. It always sucks to get the best hand sucked out but when it happens don’t spend any more time on it, that doesn’t change or make it better. If you think about the opposit, if you suck out a better hand (QQ vs KK for example) you don’t go thinking about “That was a poor jam I did there with 18BB from the SB after he raised to 2.4BB from UTG+1!”. You got it in against his range and the variance did it’s thing and you didn’ over analyze the situation. The same thing goes in both ways even when you get AA in against 94o and J4s at the same time. 

With Hexapro its a legitimate tactic to go AIP I do it with most aces and most pairs you are playing short handed with blinds going up quickly and yes I get called by hands I beat but the odds are only about 60/40% or 70/30% in your favour so you should win most of the time but not all the time. What you have to say to yourself is "I got my hand in good but got beat over time I will win more of these hands than I lose," If you are doing this regular you are playing well and variance will work in your favour but if your only remembering the bad beats and not counting when you suck out on people you are only fooling yourself. Make sure you have the bankroll to take these beats or only spend a certain amount of money you can afford learn from training sites and poker players on twitch lots of free information on internet. Poker can be very irritating at times but you have got to love it to play it.

with me it's (most of the time) like this: if you have a big blind and cards don't seem too great, they raise high or go all in and when I follow, then I win.. when I do the same with cards that are very good, I lose..

And another strange thing I accidentaly discovered: when I put my pokerscreen at the bottom of my computer screen, so that my cards are 'outside of the screen' and therefor not visible: it takes forever for the biggest part of the players to chose a bet.. Can others people do this to check if they have the same thing happening?

The biggest problem is that too many players learned to play poker on facebook and their idea of study is youtube.

As even Daniel Negreanu mentioned in an interview ... The viewer do get the whole picture and does not see all the hands played at the table ... most of the time when they do make a call or raise they have set up the play a couple of hands before but to the viewer it would seem like a hero play. I totally despise social media poker and would never sign up for it ... tried it once about 2009 and was totally grossed out by it ... 

But to the thousands of fans it looks like that is the way poker should be played ... 

Veni, Vidi .... Amavi

Archived