How can I get my custom avatar which I won?

TeddyKGB

Hi, I cleared the 2,5 million challenge points bonus step almost already two weeks ago. The bonus step says that I can get a custom avatar. Nobody has still contacted me about this. How can I get the custom avatar and what does it mean?

I've heard that I can send a picture to Unibet and Unibet makes an avatar of the picture. Where can I send this picture and what kind of restrictions you have with the picture? Like what size can it be etc?

Hi @TeddyKGB, indeed there is an option where you can send in a picture of yourself and an explanation on how to stylize the avatar and the creative guys from Relax will provide the avatar :)

However I am unable to confirm this just yet that this is the case here. I will have to double check with Relax on this, I'll send them an e-mail and update you on this thread as soon as I have a response. Would that be ok?

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Received an answer @TeddyKGB:

"Guidelines for creating the custom avatar:

Players can choose a photo of themselves, so long as we can verify the photo is actually of them. They can also just come up with a concept for a design and Relax can work on it, although Relax will not go back and forth with a player until the design is "perfect". Designs cannot infringe on any copyright laws and will be refused if they are deemed to cause any offence. "

I'll be more than happy to manage this for you. Could you send me a selfie and an explanation on how you would like your avatar to be stylized?
You can send it to contact@unibetcommunity.com and I'll take it from there, just give me a heads up here in the thread :)

/Ray

Actually the support answered my mail just today and this thing seems to be going forward that way! Anyways thank you very much for those infos about the criteria regarding the picture! I didn't know about those.

If I need any help in the future with this issue I'll contact the forums again! 

• 5 months later...

Hi again @RayL. Feels stupid to come back to this topic but it's now a half year that has passed and nothing has happened with my custom avatar. I've had two replies from the Finnish support saying that things are going forward, but nothing ever happens, and I don't even get an approximate date when to expect the avatar to be ready. I just feel that I have to write this here in public again.

I know this might not be directly in Unibet's hands at the moment because relax is designing the avatar (?) but I'm still a customer of Unibet and expecting you to take care of this. I don't think I should contact to Relax about this? If the pictures that I sent you are not ok, please tell me and I'll send new ones. I already sent 2 pictures and told you that you can use which ever is ok. The other one is from myself so there should not be any copyright issues. And please tell me some date when to expect this to be ready.

In general, I just unfortunately have to warn all players that if you ever reach 2,5 million challenge points, know that you won't be getting the custom avatar any time soon. Looks like this prize won't be paid in the same year when you complete the challenges.

Hi @TeddyKGB and thank you for restarting this thread. Apologies are in order because I knew that this process is lengthy but not this lengthy.
Here's the thing with the avatars, and I don't intend the following information to be an excuse fot the delay, I would just like to give you as much information regarding this as I know. So, when a player achieves 2.5 million points, the pictures are received and approved and the design team has created the requested avatar, the avatar on it's own can't be added directly to your account. What happens is that the guys at relax queue these updates and they release it together with either a Hotfix or a Software update. I am no expert and honestly have no idea why, but this much I know for sure.
Now explanation of processes aside, I sincerely apologize for the delay, I saw you mentioned that you have contacted Customer Service and they are on the matter so I assumed that that is the channel you would like to go through with this. I have contacted relax personally and am pending an answer on what's the status and the expected delivery time, thanks for returning with this to our attention.

/Ray

• 1 month later...

Guess what? It's February 2019 and still no avatar...

Here's what happened: On the 9th of January I got an e-mail telling me that my new avatar is going to be published in the next update in about one week. Before that they had sent me a picture of the avatar and I confirmed that the picture is good. Then there indeed was a software update but the avatar didn't appear to my avatar list. So I'm back here in the forums asking that can you PLEASE do this job.

It looks like I might reach 2,5 millions again this month and I'm really waiting in horror that I have to write here couple of more years when I have TWO avatars in the process to be ready. If you're open for any suggestions, I would suggest that you replace that part of the bonus step just simply with some extra cash. At the moment custom avatar is really not an incentive to reach that bonus step, it's actually quite the opposite! It would be so much much much more nice to get some extra cash and get the whole thing done with at the same moment when you reach 2,5M. Maybe this would be easier for Unibet too, now when these difficulties in the updates seem to be overwhelming?

Thanks for the effort still, @RayL

Hi @TeddyKGB,

I'm terribly sorry for all the waiting time, as you said everything was ready, unfortunately there have been some unforeseen compliance reasons (we need to announce everything being added to a release in advance) and it was missed out, this is a mistake from our own, so please accept our apologies.

I talked to the regarding department and they assured me that it will be in the February release. As an apology I have added 10k bonus points to your account.

Thanks for being such a good customer and staying patient, I can assure you that the waiting time is not normal and usually doesn't take longer 1-2 months to add it, depending on the backlog of the designers.

• 4 weeks later...

To say something positive for once, and to keep everyone who's interested in this bonus step up to date, I can gladly say that the avatar is now ready and is in my avatar list. :) Thank you everyone who helped.

One more question: I'm very likely reaching 2,5 million challenge points this month. Is there any chance that this bonus step could possibly be replaced with some extra cash? Or do I just have to start another thread with the same process if I want that new avatar from that bonus step? :laugh:

@TeddyKGB wrote:

To say something positive for once, and to keep everyone who's interested in this bonus step up to date, I can gladly say that the avatar is now ready and is in my avatar list. :) Thank you everyone who helped.

One more question: I'm very likely reaching 2,5 million challenge points this month. Is there any chance that this bonus step could possibly be replaced with some extra cash? Or do I just have to start another thread with the same process if I want that new avatar from that bonus step? :laugh:

Sweet, could you post a picture of your new avatar. 😃

@TeddyKGB , simply send a (high resolution) picture of the avatar you'd like customized either to CS or to one of us and we'll forward it to the designers and no worries, it won't take so long every time :)

Make sure to choose a picture that doesn't have any copyrights on it (eg a celebrity)

Thanks

@FreedoM wrote:

Sweet, could you post a picture of your new avatar. 😃

Hehe, it' just a picture of me making a funny face. Maybe I can take a screenshot about it later when I open the software.

@Brocky: I've been playing now plo100-400 mostly. Sometimes NL too. And I didn't hit 2,5M in February but hopefully in March. :)

@patric-unibet: Alright, thanks! Maybe the next avatar will be of my dog then.

Archived