How RNG works?

psrquack

@Sparrow473   i saw that K4  vs AA, i was the second  shortstack🆒 Thanks  for that  10UO:)

but we still see people complaining about losing hands like AQ, AK. Is that so weird? What difference do you lose against 85o,910s, k10s? What is the difference in preflop allin that 8 and 5 were on the turn and river or on the flop? Answer: none?

if you are a shortstack and you have AQs is it the only option in this case. The rest belongs to variance. Next time try to have 100BB instead of 10BB :)

Such a shortstack life :geek:

-----------------------  advice ------------------------

Instead of complaining about RNG, I will give you little advice to understand this:

- deal  the same cards to the same number of players at home. Leave AQs and 85o. I dont know 100-200 times should  be enough.

- Shuffle the cards, 

- give it to others and on the table

- every time you lose: take a chopping board and hit your forehead hard :wonder:

ps.You can even try with the same flop. Or do it (choping board action) only when you lose by:  "turn"."river"

You won't find better coaching for free :)

- ------------------- end of advice ----------------------------

• Like 3
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

• 4 months later...

@Sparrow473 wrote:

Hey, @pinki !

Thx for your advice. For now, my forehad is quite hard and i crashed some chopping boards, but I started to adapt it.:popeye:

Maybe I ve learned the lesson or just having a better series but life looks more easier.👍

@Sparrow473 👍  life is always simpler when you have a hard forehead 🆒  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

@centavra wrote:

If you played at a real table, you’d feel different. Morpheus

The thing is at a real table you see under 50 hands an hour, looking from your result oriented standpoint i understand why you feel online poker is a simulation, however in 10 years you see around 1.5 mil hands and online you see that amount in 1 year. However this discussion has no real meaning since you already made your mind mr alex jones. Apologies if you feel insulted but i couldn't help it. 

• Like 1

@centavra wrote:

There is no RNG, only the scenarios of fun and gambling.And it’s normal RNG is too complicated and expensive for small poker rooms

🤣 You sound so ridiculous. I know it's hard too see clear when you have the victim mentality, however you should consider that there are way to many factors that make you fail in poker or anything else in life. 😉

Here's a story of me and a friend of mine, we both played a game for near 5 years, he played invested more time and should into the game and still couldn't comprehend some stuff about the game that i did, long story short i was better even if he spend more time on it, did his narrow view and ego help him, not really could he been better than me if he had no ego and was open minded, probably or probably not. The point is you can do everything you want and still come second.

Another story, watched bencb and bbz i think it was the podcast, ben shared a story of a friend of his how essential was forced out of poker by variance, i mean luck, he played good and still lost, and we are talking of people that gone trough all the stakes and beat the game at the highest levels, this was in cash btw. If the universe want's you to fail you will fail no matter what. Hell we all are insanely lucky for starters, to be born and even experience life at is it with all the good and bad.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Come on then @Eeezee can you explain in a bit more detail how random is not random or something can be "randomer" than random, or indeed "unrandom" or "randomless" or "irrandom" or "randomlike" or "rnoadm?" 🤣

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Come on then @Eeezee can you explain in a bit more detail how random is not random or something can be "randomer" than random, or indeed "unrandom" or "randomless" or "irrandom" or "randomlike" or "rnoadm?" 🤣

@GR1ZZL3R  the most imporant question is - 'do you really want this explanation?'😀

sometimes it is better to avoid certain things for the good of the mind ...

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Firstly, what is random? How do you define random?

There are varying definitions of random but, for most people, random means not being able to discern reliably predictable patterns.

So is rng random? Is the Unibet employee correct when he states ‘random is random’?

Definitely not.

The rng algorithm is simply a set of instructions. It begins with a so-called ‘seed’ number or value and then builds from there into a complex pattern that only appears random. If you knew the seed and the specific instructions of the algorithm you would, of course, be able to accurately predict the next sequences in the pattern. Hence, the rng is not truly random, it just appears random.

This is no conspiracy theory, it’s a scientific fact.

Generally speaking, this knowledge can’t help the average player because he or she has no way of discerning the seed number or the specific instructions of the algorithm. Such things are obviously closely guarded secrets, as Unibet employees have clearly stated. In other words, to all intents and purposes, the rng is random to the average player.

However, if you understand how rng works, you can sometimes turn it to your advantage. It is sometimes vulnerable.

Just in case you doubt this, last week I turned €10 into over a €1000 playing roulette here at Unibet. I’m not going to say exactly how I did it, and I subsequently lost most of it back, but the point is, it wasn’t just some random winning streak. I managed to ‘approximate’ the seed number and several of the key instructions of the algorithm in order to significantly increase my strike rate. I didn’t use any software or use any special tricks, I simply worked it out in my head, and on a bit of paper, then bet accordingly.

So how did I lose most of it back?

Well, I am quite sure that Unibet must have been wondering how I was doing it. The game started taking an unusually long time to load and after that the algorithm seemed slightly different, slightly harder. I couldn’t be bothered trying to work it out again, and I certainly didn’t want to waste any more money trying to, so I subsequently banned myself from roulette. I joined Unibet to play poker, not to try and beat the roulette rng, which may or may not be possible.

In summary, not all rngs are created equal, some are more vulnerable than others, some are more unforgiving than others, but as I hope my explanation makes clear, random is not always random!

This is exactly why I don't generally like posting in forums like this, they tend to be full of ill-educated trolls!

Which part do you think is delusion?

My explanation of why rng is not truly random? My explanation is accurate. Go do some research, Google it, or ask Unibet themselves. How did you think random numbers were generated?

My winning streak? You obviously either doubt it even happened or you think that I just got lucky perhaps and am now deluding myself into believing that I worked out some sort of vulnerability in the rng?  Well, firstly, it did happen. I've still got some screenshots on my phone. I'm quite happy to post some of them. Secondly, if you think I might just have got lucky, perhaps that could be the case but I think it is highly unlikely. My strike rate, over several days, was much higher than expected. As I said earlier, it seemed to dive after the game mysteriously started taking much longer to load. It was more than just a lucky streak.

To be crystal clear, I am not suggesting myself or anyone else can beat the rng here at Unibet or anywhere else reliably enough to reverse the house's edge over the long term, even if you can work out parts of the algorithm as I seemed to. I won't be trying again. Nor do I recommend anyone else trying. However, to reiterate my main point, random is never really random with rngs, it just appears that way. 

Perhaps you are the one who is deluded!