Hosting on Final Table Heads-Up play

r2r

Hi everyone,

Just finished to play Sputnik 50EURO Tournament, and I am sure that my opponent was using Hosting in Heads-Up play.

When Heads-Up started he played absolutely passive. He was taking time, thinking a lot even before fold. And after a break at 01:00 CET I faced ABSOLUTELY different style of playing, decisions were very fast, timings changed completely. Everyone who plays often and regularly will understand what I am talking about. In this situation I consider myself as a victim of Hosting. I am experienced enough to understand that two different persons were playing against me in the begining and in the end of this Heads-Up. 

JKdB6UX

Hm...This happens and very difficult to prove. I wonder... how actually poker providers can deal with it?
Only to insert spy bot into the client (web-cam scans every 10-15 mins for example, or record voices, printscreens).. like CIA toys)

but it's against the law of course...and I would not like Unibet could see me not shaved)

giphy

I think you mean Ghosting instead of Hosting... But that aside.

They can do IP-checks, to see if it at least got played from the same PC.

Then I have to say that my play style can change 10 times durning a game, where I play lose untill I realise there is a better chance of me making money when I would play tighter... Or the other way around

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@r2r wrote:

When Heads-Up started he played absolutely passive. He was taking time, thinking a lot even before fold. And after a break at 01:00 CET I faced ABSOLUTELY different style of playing, decisions were very fast, timings changed completely.

And maybe he was just tired before and took speed during the break 😏

Seriously @r2r  I believe you might be right, because I've played against him in several MTTs and he was not very competent player...

The problem is as @Want2Believe already mentioned - it's very hard to prove such thing.

Just be happy with your very nice 2nd place and let it go 😃

I understand everything you said, guys. But this time I am 99% sure it was Ghosting(1% that he snoozed cocain or smth else). Dude played very very slow, like using all his time - limp, then using all his time fold to raise, and now it is clear to me that he was waiting for somebody else to finish this heads-up. And then absolutely thunder play, thinking very fast and much more aggresive. So, before I understood that I play with another person and adjusted, he won few big pots without showdown. 

Archived