Heads Up SnG

-Greg-

After playing a few hundred games I'm about break even with these and none the wiser if I'm doing ok or not. They seem like a luck fest.

With blinds starting at 15/30 and 1000 chips, you can lose a couple of hands, be down to half stack and virtually in shove mode before level 1 has barely started.

You could, in the first hand, call a min raise then three half pot bets and thats half your stack. They seem to be missing the 10/20 level that Stars & 888 has that allows you to at least feel out your opponent without risking most of your chips.

Considering every game is more or less a blank slate because of name changing, no note taking etc, by the time you've worked out any info on villain, the game is nearly over and you can't even take a note for the next time.

Maybe if you started with 1500 chips or add a 10/20 level it may sort it but they seem very swingy to me.

• Like 2

I'd actually prefer it if Unibet copied the structure of the other major sites and made them 500 starting stack at 10/20 blinds (25bb). I find 33bb, which is what Unibet currently use as a really awkward stack size. It feels weird 3b jamming at 33bb with a lot of hands that you would at 25bb but there's also not a massive amount of room for 3 betting non-all in and playing post flop.

With regards to your half pot bets/half stack complaint, you just need to look at how you can use that to your advantage. If you're often losing half your stack in one hand you're either calling down too light or not value betting enough and getting half their stack when you're ahead. It's not uncommon for stacks to fly back and forth in these and games generally won't last very long. They're very volume based though - It's possible to play 100+ a day when 2-3 tabling, so a 5% ROI returns 5 buy ins of profit on average every day. Once you move up to the 25s+ the player pool becomes fairly small so you do get used to playing the same players.

Heads up is naturally a swingy game. I would suggest 6 max cash games if you're looking for lower variance.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

you guys take some cards and shuffle heads . if u prove me u can lose 90 flips out of 100 i shoot myself. the site is rigged. its imposible . i played like 250 sng a week and i tell u ITS IS IMPOSIBLE its not ''variance'' its imposible. it makes no sense. its like an error at fifa. i start with 1000 i take them down to 500 and after i lose all in 3 or 4 times in a row. i can win almost only when the opponent calls me drawing dead. i played a lot of heads up during the years bu8t its is not posible. last 2 days i won 50 out of 130. its like the other guys know when they win. if u are a very good reg its imposible to lose like that for 2-3 weeks . playing 5 days a week. its bull❤️♥️❤️ 

agree with @Brocky that 25bb starting stack would be preferred.

@-Greg-  these games are definitely not just a crap shoot, there are always edges to be had you just need to find them and exploit them. A few hundread games is not enough of a sample, not sure of your background etc, but if you haven't played hu there is def gonna be an adjustment phase etc, so if it is a new format and you are break even then that isn't bad, but of course you need to post more specifics if you want legitimant help/advice.

Name changes are available but people use them way less than people make out. I see a lot of the same names in the same games, so you can definitely pick up things on other players.

@Blessed your attitude is just so draining.... if you generally believ all this rigged ❤️♥️❤️ then don't play? If you do decide to play take the time to improve and play better instead of just whining on the forums.

• Like 2

@Blessed wrote:

you guys take some cards and shuffle heads . if u prove me u can lose 90 flips out of 100 i shoot myself. the site is rigged. its imposible . i played like 250 sng a week and i tell u ITS IS IMPOSIBLE its not ''variance'' its imposible. it makes no sense. its like an error at fifa. i start with 1000 i take them down to 500 and after i lose all in 3 or 4 times in a row. i can win almost only when the opponent calls me drawing dead. i played a lot of heads up during the years bu8t its is not posible. last 2 days i won 50 out of 130. its like the other guys know when they win. if u are a very good reg its imposible to lose like that for 2-3 weeks . playing 5 days a week. its bull❤️♥️❤️ 

Classic lines 🤣 Can i suggest that you go and play few hundred hexapros? I would like to read thoughts after that 😛

• Like 3

@Janek Well it is all well and good being against changing the starting stack for whatever reason , but claiming the changes proposed in this thread would no longer be poker is nonsense.

some of the best players poker has ever seen have came from 25bb husng. People have some year on year consistently. Are these guys just the luckiest people on earth?

• Like 1

@Blessed wrote:

you guys take some cards and shuffle heads . if u prove me u can lose 90 flips out of 100 i shoot myself. the site is rigged. its imposible . i played like 250 sng a week and i tell u ITS IS IMPOSIBLE its not ''variance'' its imposible.

Sounds like you have the proof of it being impossible mathematically. That would be news worthy discovery.

For starters you could show us at least a quarter of those situations with some explanation. Throwing numbers and percentages based on memory to prove statistical statement involving hundreds isn't very convincing.

• Like 1

I don't shove/fold at 25bb , but after 6 minutes is only 12bb. 

@UAC Some of the best players came from turbo Hu sng's on PS 1500 starting stack, playing later hyper HU. I,m not saying it's impossible to win, but the rake/reg war forced a lot of those players to quit. If you compare the best players ROI  on turbo and hyper you will know what i mean.

I'm not saying you guy's are, but i think some players may want 25bb starting stack because there is a lot of learning tools/charts for 25bb.

I agree there is plenty of info out there, but people just like standard I think across all sites so that they can multisite. And yeah, you are correct lots of sick players came from turbo husng but hypers too, think Skaiiwalker, Dan Coleman etc

any form of hu is basically the ultimate poker training ground imo, and sets you up well for any other format

• Like 1