Have You/Will You ever Play a WSOP event?

Magicadil

I've always dreamed about playing the WSOP Main Event but my time hasn't quite come yet. Still have many other things I have to take care of before turning this fantasy into a reality. (Finishing University/Financially stable, etc)

What about you guys/gals? Have you played in the WSOP? Do you aspire to? If you aspire to, but haven't yet, what's holding you back?

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@BookTheWin wrote:

Like to play the $10,000 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo or $50,000 Players Championship one day.  Events that would test my best games and the best players.  Probably a pipe dream unless I go on a sick sick heater lol.

This is how I feel as well. I always keep a fire extinguisher by my side. Don't want the house to burn down when my heater finally starts.

I debate

• 4 weeks later...

My first big poker event will be at UO Bucharest in december.I'll try to qualify ,and if i don't manage to,i;ll buy the package.It's so nice that will be hosted back home and will be great to meet some of you there. Will you join this  ? :D

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

I've always wanted to play in the main event of the WSOP and have often dreamt of winning it with 7 2 off (If you're going to dream the impossible dream you might as well dream winning with the worst starting hand possible lol

I'd have to satellite into it though because right now a $10k buy in in hard cash would fill me with dread and I doubt if I'd play to my best given that I play mostly NL4 which is light and day. It's one thing to pull up in a cash game with 4 euros to putting down $10K

Unfortunately not at Bucharest. I will try to qualify for a UO event in 2017. My first Major live event will probably be a side event at 2017's WSOP.

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

@AndreiBN Unfortunately not at Bucharest. I will try to qualify for a UO event in 2017. My first Major live event will probably be a side event at 2017's WSOP.

I think for oversea players the travel costs are bigger than the buyin of the tour. Btw I hope you will change your mind  and will join to the UO Bucharest. It will be fun.

I played in one of the WSOP side events a few years ago , buy-in was $1000 , it didnt go so well that time.  But I played a lot of the daily deep stack events and cashed in several so it was a nice experience.  Did I make a profit ? Nope , but it was fun. 

@Magicadil wrote:

I've always dreamed about playing the WSOP Main Event but my time hasn't quite come yet. Still have many other things I have to take care of before turning this fantasy into a reality. (Finishing University/Financially stable, etc)

What about you guys/gals? Have you played in the WSOP? Do you aspire to? If you aspire to, but haven't yet, what's holding you back?

Pretty much not being good enough, when the day comes that i feel mega confident, have the bankroll, i will play.

Only way I'll ever play the ME is by satting in. I don't think I'll ever be wealthy enough to be able to drop that amount on one tourney. Playing some of the side events is definitely on my bucket list though! I'll be about 45-50 when that happens but happen it will.

I've never played live anywhere so obviously not played at WSOP either.

If I suddenly had a 100 million dollars, I'd play at the main event just to have the experience. Realistically I don't ever plan on playing, I'd essentially just be throwing money away.

I have played one WSOP event, $1500 PLO8 in 2014. Was 4 weeks in Las Vegas, played some satellites, some smaller events and day before leaving I managed to make a mincash in 235$ deepstack WSOP side event to get a flag in Hendon Mob. Most of 4 weeks I was not playing poker, but having fun: we had a large luxus villa for over a week, and spending time in there and with other nice things. Went to see Cirque d u Soleil an Celine Dion concert and Hoover's Dam and enjoy Michelin-class dinner twice during that week alone. 

In Finland you don't have to pay taxes if you win in ETA area, but if you win outside it like Las Vegas you have to pay taxes. While I want to go Las Vegas again (actually played many promotions this spring but missed them all, some by very small margin) it won't mainly be to play hardcore poker. But I would like to play $1,5k PLO8 and $3k PLO8 event in  WSOP and some other events for sure. With good amount of other things as well.

I mainly play live tournaments for fun, have played abroad about 20 tournaments mainly with 500€-1650€ buy-ins. Always have won package from online, I don't like to spend "my own money". Mainly from promotions and promotional tournaments.

I have played in a few. Some main and some side events.The early days were great when poker was getting bigger every year. My first ME was the last one held at binnions. They had not expected the turnout and the night before they were ripping away bj tables to make space. They called dealers out of retirement. One guy must have been in his nineties. The queue for the 10k buy in was over 2 floors, just crazy.

Far too many stories to write all at once and some x rated funny ones.

Im sure if its your first time wsop the buzz would be there but i dont think its same as before. A lot of the shine has come off. Also be careful what you wish for. The spending money covers the travel and a week in vegas is very expensive. These days im more excited trying to win an all inclusive package to caribbean than wsop.

Unibet opens are fantastic. I hope soon they will be challenging the live events markets worldwide.

@AndreiBN wrote:

@pirahn Have you been into a UO live event yet? In december will be my first one and i'm looking forward to it

Yes. Twice in cannes and twice in london. Cashed both times in cannes. It must have been the sea air. Every break i used to go for a walk and breathe in the fresh air.

I will be in bucharest.Look forward to meeting.

Archived