GOT WHAT IT TAKES? LAST ATTEMPT

GotWhatItTakes

Hey guys,

this is my last attempt to grind it up on Unibet.

After tilting my bankroll away on NL400 (crushed by Uhlenpoker´s set of Jacks :D) I decided to give it one last try on Unibet.

Starting Bankroll:

I will start with exactly 200€ (+ 200€ I can deposit if things go bad).

What games will I play?

I will be playing mostly (95%) SNGs. I made the experience that it is way better to fully concentrate on one poker variation. 

Besides that I will play some different things to clear various missions, e.g. "Moving on Up" and the October Missions.

For the cash game missions I will use a PLO Ticket worth 12ish€, that needs approx. 150 flops to convert into cash.

Moreover, I might play some MTTs, but only with tickets I have left. I won´t use money of the bankroll for them.

What buyin - level am I gonna start with?

I m starting with the 4€ SNG games. 5handed will be the main game, but if there isn´t enough action, I might add some Heads Up-Games.

As I never really grinded the 5handed SNGs before, I want to take my time before moving up.

Because I hope to do that for at least the next couple of months, I ll try to do it as professional as possible.

If there are any winnings, I will buy a second screen and I really need another desk chair. The one I m currently sitting on, is really not enjoyable for long sessions.

Anyone out there with some suggestions for an affordable chair or some know-how about implementing a second screen that will work with my IMac, please shoot it out! :-)

I ll try to give a short update every day and a longer state of things every week. I know that seems to be ambitious, but I m really into it and I want to succeed.

First of all, that is meant as a documentation, as an engagement to grind and as a help to not-tilt, but it would be great to exchange some opinions about hands in here, as well.

Wish you all good luck at the tables and please do not suck out on me! :Angel:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck on your quest mate!

As Eminem would say 'Look, If you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment. Would you capture it, or just let it slip?''

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it! 

Just finished the first session. It was a short one, played 13 games. Results were great though. Of course I can´t keep that up, but I will try my best.

Results: +28,01€

Bankroll: 228,01€

I also bought a 2nd screen, 27" Philips. Everything already set up, works pretty well. I need to adjust a few things tomorrow. 

Does someone know if it is possible to edit the "sounds" of the client. I need the "wake up" sound very badly, but everything else is way tot loud and distracting. 

Are there any settings or something similar? 

Tomorrow I will upload a picture of my grinding setup 🆒

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it! 

Just finished the first session. It was a short one, played 13 games. Results were great though. Of course I can´t keep that up, but I will try my best.

Results: +28,01€

Bankroll: 228,01€

I also bought a 2nd screen, 27" Philips. Everything already set up, works pretty well. I need to adjust a few things tomorrow. 

Does someone know if it is possible to edit the "sounds" of the client. I need the "wake up" sound very badly, but everything else is way tot loud and distracting. 

Are there any settings or something similar? 

Tomorrow I will upload a picture of my grinding setup 🆒

No you cant edit the sounds seperately :(

Sounds are stored here C:\Program Files (x86)\Unibet Poker\assets\sounds maybe you can rplace with empty sounds as a hack.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Thanks for your help . The past hour I tried everything to get rid of these annoyings sounds, but I didnt have any success. I even tried some magic with the terminal application including "sudo rm" etc. 

I m very disappointed, but I guess, there is nothing I can do. I think there are way to many sounds that are not necessary and when you are multi-tabling these sound effects are becoming very annoying and loud. In total, there is just 1 sound effect, that I d need. That would be de alert sound. I wouldn´t even need that one if the time bank starts automatically. 

Well, I guess I have no choice to play fewer tables. I don´t think it is very wise to make people play less because you can´t change sound effects etc. 

If I could play more tables you would gain more rake and make more money in the long term. Maybe Unibet should think about that. :waterfall:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

You can just mute the computer's master volume, but then you would have to find a way to adjust without the alert sound.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

Thanks for your help @jonny2192. The past hour I tried everything to get rid of these annoyings sounds, but I didnt have any success. I even tried some magic with the terminal application including "sudo rm" etc. 

I m very disappointed, but I guess, there is nothing I can do. I think there are way to many sounds that are not necessary and when you are multi-tabling these sound effects are becoming very annoying and loud. In total, there is just 1 sound effect, that I d need. That would be de alert sound. I wouldn´t even need that one if the time bank starts automatically. 

Well, I guess I have no choice to play fewer tables. I don´t think it is very wise to make people play less because you can´t change sound effects etc. 

If I could play more tables you would gain more rake and make more money in the long term. Maybe Unibet should think about that. :waterfall:

I searched pc to see if sounds are stored elsewhere an no luck, actually deleted them and they still work.

Not sure if adobe air caches files somewhere. It obviously does with the web client.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Good luck with your challenge. Hope it goes well, look forward to watching it grow over the days and weeks ahead.

"If I could play more tables you would gain more rake and make more money in the long term. Maybe Unibet should think about that."

The thing is Unibet is aimed at recreational players, so the poker side don't want to make it too easy to encourage mass multi table grinding. So it's part by design. I think they have tried to strike a balance between not making it impossible to play some semi decent volume, but also not making it possible to run a tonne of tables as they don't want to encourage too many mass multitablers, that's the impression i got over the years anyway.

How many tables are you playing at the moment? Also have you tried switching avatars off? I find this helps speed everything up and reduce lag which can help with timebanks etc when I played more than 8 tables myself.

Nice result on your first session!

I don't know about your challenge, but during "LOST", John Locke was the biggest sucker of them all. Tricked into donating a kidney, tricked into suicide, lost his girlfriend Peg Bundy, lost his ability to walk, got Shannon's brother killed, man I hated that idiot...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Thanks for your kind words, . I started yesterday with 8 tabling, but I think it might be too much. Today I tried a short session with 6 tables. Worked a lot better: 

I didnt time out once, tables are big enough, and I have enough time to think about some spots.

I don´t use avatars, they only distract me. I don´t see any worth in having them while multitabling. People can change avatars/names all the time, so you can´t really make notes about them and recognize people. 

,  I really hope we can chose the sounds we want in 2.0. would be a great improvement. Right now, I just have sounds muted all the time. Its not worth it to hear all the annoying sounds for just one sound I tend to like. 

, you didnt seem to understand the character John Locke. Obviously you just focussed on things you wanted to see about him that you disliked. You started to dislike him in the beginning and you didn´t change your mind about him. He´s not my favourite character of Lost either, but I did enjoy his journey and his spirit. Would be boring if one character is successfull all the time. I think every single person in Lost had problems - that were shown in flashbacks - that have a huge impact on their life, so did Locke. But I don´t think it makes him a sucker to believe in the man who pretends to be the father he never had.

Bankroll will be updated later today. But had a good start in the day. :-)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@kasperi wrote:

Webclient 2.0 beta has separate settings for different sound effects.

ubwebclient_beta_audio.PNG.343a489a26d49995533c5996b802e14e.PNG

Yep, thanks.  That's what I was coming here to post.  You can turn of all sounds meanwhile.

As for mass multi-tabling:  we don't want to do this too much.  It kills casual players off faster, and our entire aim is to stop that.  It also has the potential to slow the game down a lot, which would be a big problem.  On the other hand, if we set the limit too low then people will simply play 2+ sites at once.  So we need to find a compromise position, which is currently 8-10 tables, depending on the stake you're playing.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Thanks a lot for posting here . :)

I´m really looking forward to Unibet 2.0. It looks very promising. :happy:

About multitabling: I think 6 to 8 tables is perfect. By that you avoid the 24masstabling braindead robot, that only plays for rakeback. 

Its also a great idea to not start the timebank automatically to get the games faster. That really does the trick.

The 5man SNGs I m playing at the moment are a huge fun. There is lots of play in the early levels and when you get to heads up, you still have lots of chips left.

Actually, in my last heads up we were approx. 50 big blinds deep. 👍

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

I m done for today. :) 

Played 73 games in total + a 5,50€ 300added MTT

Had good results today, I m very happy with my play. Also I will stick to 6 tables, after trying 8 tables once again. 8 Tables is just not comforting and too much of a rush for me. Besided I really like the games, poker is fun again. I m so glad I got away from the stupid hyper turbo HU games.

Best thing of the day happened in the 5,50€ added MTT. Tonkaaaap (from Twitch, check out his stream if you dont know him: https://www.twitch.tv/tonkaaaap) was playing the very same MTT to promote the OPL. I subscribed to his channel today, and maybe 1 minute later he is at my table. He has only 2k chips left (approx. 10-15bb) and after some hands he openshoved JTo, I isolated with AKo and won the hand. Subscribtion and KO literally happened within 1 or 2 minutes. In his stream he said, that the one busting him, will get a free merchandise of his online store. :Inlove:

Bankroll: 323,68€

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Sorry, guys. I was to tired yesterday to write something here. 

Played 49 games yesterday. I also played the Community freeroll and the Community League (finished 5th for 5,79€) ; All in Pre short with K3s vs Axo, Board xxx3A 😠)

Today I want to play at least 50 5max SNG-Games and a couple of 1€ Qualifier for the Saturday Stack MTT. Good luck at the tables, guys! :-)

bankroll: 384,82€

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

WOW, you play a lot of games, I'm looking forward to you moving up to SNG10...

BTW, wasn't Locke shot at and left for dead by Ben as well after they visited Jacob?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

WOW, you play a lot of games, I'm looking forward to you moving up to SNG10...

BTW, wasn't Locke shot at and left for dead by Ben as well after they visited Jacob?

@WuDu, yeah, I m trying to put a lot of volume in at the moment. Do you play the 10€ 5max games? If so, how many games you play per day or month and what winrate do you have? :) 

I don´t know how to make this a spoiler, but if anyone didn´t watch LOST yet, stop reading, please......... Yeah, Ben did that to Locke. But I think that was because he was jealous of him for seeing Jacob. Actually Ben never saw Jacob, he just prentended to do. And when John Locke sees him while he doesn´t he just couldn´t handle it. Locke on the other hand couldn´t do anything about that, could he? How could he know Ben would do such a thing. He trusted him and that was his biggest mistakes. Never ever trust Benjamin Linus, it could be the last thing you do :Rofl:)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Day is over. Didn´t play 1 single game in the evening though. 

I played exactly 50 games today, reached the goal 🆒  

Also, I played the 1€ Saturday-Stack-Satellite. Busted with AK vs QTo though, opponent limp-called my 12bb shove 3handed. Used one of my tickets, so bankroll was not used for the 1€ Sat. 

Bankroll: 420,85€

See you tomorrow, guys :Satisfied:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Yes, I play the SNG10. 400+ Euro is enough for you to move up. I usually aim for 20 games a day playing 4 at a time, but lately I'm not hitting that goal. I have no clue about my winrate, but I withddraw a little bit each month and have always won it back afterwards, so I'm guessing something between 5-7% ROI. However if the bet in my signature hits, I'll take a shot at SNG25.

What's your favorite Lost season? Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones e.g. started out great and got better and better. Lost on the flipside started out great with lots of promise but once season 4 came around I felt like the authors were making up storylines on the fly...

, 5-7% Roi is nice! I m thinking about mixing some 10€ games in soon, maybe even today. But I m also trying to improve my grindstation, I really need a comfortable chair to play longer sessions. What is sad, is that SNG25 still has 5% Rake, while SNG50´s Rake got reduced to 3%. 

I know that Lost´s quality decreased over the seasons, but I still enjoyed it as much as the first seasons. Maybe it´s because I was more concernced about the individual characters than the story. I was really facinated how all their lives was connected even before they crashed the island. I love breaking bad as well, its probably tied with Lost for my favourite tv series, but I think you don´t have that extreme connection to the characters you have in Lost. It´s probably because there are a lot more episodes in Lost than in Breaking Bad. Don´t get me wrong, you have a connection with Walter, Jesse etc. as well, but not as deep as I had it in Lost. GoT on the other side, I couldn´t stand. Only watched a couple of episodes and didn´t like it at all. 

Goals for today: 

1. at least 50 SNGs
  2. try to win a seat in the Sunday Entitled

Good luck everyone! 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Yes, if I hadn't withdrawn money, I could already play the SNG25, but then if you win at a certain level and the games are fun, why not stay there for a while and buy some things with the money? A few years back I was grinding DoNs on another site and was sometimes doing 80 a day. Honestly, that's no fun at all and over time, your personal goals are simply how to add more games and you start to look more at rakeback than ROI. That's why playing at Unibet is so much more fun...

I believe when Lost came out, one thing that was working in its favor was that at that time, 2004/05 there were very little quality shows on TV. You had Lost, 24, Prison Break and then what? Alias? Invasion? Jericho? Nowadays the entertainment landscape is looking much more different. When you watch Lost today, you can still see that they put a lot of money in making the show look good, however compared to BB or GoT the writing and the acting clearly lacks.

What kind of bankroll management do you use for the 5mans? I tried DoNs once, never played such a dirty version of poker before. So much collusion, so ugly play. I wont ever play one of these again. Good thing is there aren´t any DoNs on Unibet. By 80 a day you mean 80 games or 80€? I think it isn´t good to have the aim of breaking even and just make money with Rakeback. Also it isn´t possible on Unibet as Rakeback is very low for players with 50k - 200k points (around 10%).

Good that you mention 24 and Prison Break. :D Two series I enjoyed. Prison Break had 2 amazing seasons, season 3 and 4 was still ok, but not as great as 1 (and partially 2). I m really looking forward to the new Prison Break season, they said Michael was still alive and some of the actors think the explanation is pretty great. Did you watch any episode of Better Call Saul? In my opinion, thats - at the moment - the best series. I enjoyed every single episode so far, a shame that we have to wait that long until it goes on. The cliffhanger in the end, oh my..... :haha:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Nice run you had playing SNG10! I almost had us playing competitive heads up but you busted me when I had QTs. For the SNG10, 40 buy-ins is enough here, be on the safe side and use 50 buy-ins. There are swings, but the worst I had was maybe 15-20 buy-ins below the all time high. For SNG25, I think about 50-60 buy ins.

Regarding DoNs, 80 games of course. Let's say you play 30 $ games, then that's already a turnouver of 2400 $ a day.  If you play so much, there's no way you can pay attention to every game, thus you'll lose ROI and it'll turn into a rakeback grind. I liked those DoN, as they were easy money, but yeah, sometimes you saw "questionable" walks, that's for sure...

Prison Break Season 1 was the bomb, and Season 2 was great up until its halfway point and the producers got greedy and thought: "Well, let's earn some more cash and drag it out". Yeah, they'll reboot it, which will be prison break #4 then (Michael breaking Lincoln out of Fox River, Michael breaking out of Sona, Michael breaking Sarah out and now Michael breaking out of some 3rd world sh*thole prison again). I mean, I'll watch it when they show it on TV, but I'm not getting my hopes up, he had terminal cancer and was electrocuted, I mean come on...

Better call saul is a great show, but to me still a notch below BB and GoT. I even used the ice cream man and "RegaloHelado" as one of my aliases here. I really liked Saul on BB before, because he was that hilariously sleazy criminal lawyer.

Archived