Free tools to improve my game?

Bing__

@Bing__Youtube, can't give you any link or so but there us loads of great material. Guess it's SNG and MTT stuff you are interested in (?). Also check out Raise Your Edge, it's a channel on Youtube and Twitch. Think they have pretty interesting stuff. You can also check out Lex Veldhuis on Twitch.

Thanks @Silver1! Actually I'm more interested in cash game help atm. I don't have any edge in cash games and really want to plug those holes. Also i think ill be a better all round poker player if I can improve my cash game tools. I'll check out that youtube channel cheers!

Follow my poker blog as I build a €1K roll from scratch!

Bing's Bankroll Builder

@Bing__ agree, you will become a better poker player if you play cash game. It will have a carry over to MTT and SNGs when it comes to the post flop play.  But it’s like sports, it’s a specificity (I.e cash game). If you want to be good at something, like running for exampale you need to focus on that and the technique around the running. You might also need to put certain things aside for a bit, the clock only has 24 hours a day:)

There is a ton of info out there, on YouTube, around cash game as well. Don’t have any channels to recommend at the moment. But I also think that the best way to become better is to play more. Identify which spots you are having leaks in and where you struggle. It’s a bit tricker at Unibet don’t allow HUDs but I see this as positive due to:

- if you play without HUD you must be honest to yourself around what spots you are less good at. You are responsible for finding your leaks and if you are not honest towards yourself then you will not find them. You also get to train your self awareness this way at the poker table.

I strongly recommend you to go the opposite direction to become a better cash game player. Don’t focus on finding the tools and software that are free, it can help you but before you take that road just take a couple of minutes and write down which parts you need to improve and in what order.

Is it the pre-flop game? Is it the post flop playing? Is it 3Bet pots in and out of position? Is it big blind defense?

It’s tons better to take one part of the game and focus on that for XX hands/weeks/days instead of doing the shotgun approach, i.e trying to understand and become better at everything at once.

And when all the basics and fundamentals are in place you can start with more advanced concepts.

Thanks a tonne @Silver1, I agree with a lot of what you say. Maybe I just need 14 days solid play NL4 and try to work from that :happy: I think I’m smart enough to recognise when I’m running bad and when I’m spewing money. 

Thanks for suggestions. I do watch @DaVitsche every now and again!

Follow my poker blog as I build a €1K roll from scratch!

Bing's Bankroll Builder

@Bing__no problemos dude:) going the other way is gonna overwhelm you with all different stuff, I think. You will do better with this approach. Otherwise I think you will one day read about hand reading, the next day look at a video about 3betting, the next day you start reading about GTO vs play and so on. The whole thing ends up with that one has no f#king clue of where you are at and how to approach leaks or what is neededto be fixed, you might find some times that one thing you thought was a leak is not and so on:) 

Archived