Flip tournaments are both bad and broken

Pionrj

@Pionrj wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R So there has to be overlay in some flip tournaments. That's something I've thought every now and then but still haven't had energy to track those tourneys. And raked flip tourneys needs to have a huge overlay to be profitable in a long run and yesterday I checked those and didn't find a single raked tourney with overlay.

I' m not really fan of lottery so zero ev flips I won't even consider. 

@Pionrj The current 2c Supermoon flips are averaging 72 entries paying €1.44 entry fees for 5 x 40c tickets worth €2. To me that is value and a great way to start collecting tickets. The 40c flips are averaging 15 entries, paying €6 entry fees for 3 x €2 tickets, so about break even, but even so, if you win a few 40c tickets you're still ahead of the game by using winning tickets rather than cash at this level. A few of the 40c flips have fewer than 15 entries so you could theoretically be mathematically ahead by only registering those as and when they occur, but that seems a bit of a pain even for a tight fisted old miser like me. :cash1: You could even get lucky and bubble for the surplus cash in one of those with over 15 entries, getting €1.60 or even only 40c back would pay for a lot of 2c tickets. :wow: These are the only types of lotteries I like, with the maths on your side it could be a win/win situation. 👍

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R Yes. That was the pattern I was thinking of trying out. Raked ones was heavily -ev yesterday so if you keep on flipping in the 2€ ones, you're probably going to break even or loose a little. But all in all, starting from 2c flips you could get some value. 

• Like 2

Sorry about the late reply to this one.

I can confirm that hand strength isn't used in this case, and I don't believe that's the case anywhere else. Normally the table position would determine the finishing position in these cases, but in our case it is actually completely random, which I think is quite fitting for flips tournaments :)

It's not something we're planning to dedicate resources to changing in the near future.

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions