Flip tournaments are both bad and broken

Pionrj

First of all, those are bad because I never win anything of them. Although I reg them only with free tickets or tickets from challenges etc.

Second of all, it's broken indeed. I won a 40cent ticket from Livertools freeroll. I was not surprised when I didn't win anything. But, I went to see hands which were dealt after I looked at the tournament lobby to see winners. 

540808547_2021-04-02(3).png.094464e4071be99558714a20e9754810.png256290555_2021-04-02(2).png.d6429fba1dd3181fb441f35677cd8a6c.png

Can someone explain in any logical way, how in earth is SCOBY the one to get the last cash from there?

@SCOBY

That's quite clear. And I'm not being salty here. I was not even close to having good enough hand. I just feel that having 5th best hand at the table is not really worth a price. 

Unibet has tens or hundreds flip tournaments in a day. Some people register in those with their deposited money. Don't you think that this should be fair? If you loose to pair of fives with two pairs just because someone had a straight, it's kind of stupid.

And I brought this up only because I think it's clearly unfair. Not for me, because I don't loose anything to these tourneys. 

• Like 2

I am registering to all possible flips with real money in last days, but I never check what is happening there :waterfall:

I was sure that the ranking on flips is made by who have the best hand in the end. It's strange if after 1st place winner everything is random. 

How the hell the guy with two pairs didn't won? 🤣🤣🤣

@FunckyFish

Even tho these are based only on luck, I don't think that this is the right way to share tickets/prizes. There was 3 tables in that tournament so there could have been even a straightflush which didn't get a ticket if someone else had a bigger straightflush.

Waiting for @Stubbe-Unibet to give his opinion about this. I already know that he thinks this is all fine and no need to make any changes. I just want to hear the logic behind it. 

@Livertool wrote:

Not sure but i think results are based on stack size before last hand rather than how good your hand was.

OK, so probably 1st place had bigger stack of chips than all others players and the ranking is made by the size of chips since the leader won that hand. This is fair.

If everybody was having 1 chip for example it wasn't fair the ranking. 

Well, I don't know for sure what happened, but I'm guessing it is the following:

If more than one person busts in a hand, the order of payment in a tournament for the busted players is NOT how good their hands were, but how many chips they started the hand with, in other words it could go something like this:

Player A - 10k chips (wins with straight flush)

Player B 9k chips (Ace high)

Player c 8k chips (quads)

Player d 7k chips (full house)

If they all went in, player A wins the pot and therefore everyone else busts, but Player B cashes AHEAD of players C and D by virtue of starting the hand with more chips.

It may be a funky rule, but it's applied universally in tournaments around the world.

@Pionrj wrote:

@Livertool

In this case that can't be the case. This tournament had only this one hand played at this table.

I at least hope that in other flip tournaments which are deeper it's based on that like in other poker tournaments. 

Ok, maybe it was up to seat positions then if no difference of stacks. Can't remember but i think there is something that determines positions rather just rng.... I just stay away from flips :laugh:

@SCOBY

Yes. Same situation there and I kind of understand that there's no "rules" for the loosing hands in a tournament which us based on luck only. But still I don't think it should be this way.

Let's say this kind of tournament happens 2-3 times per day. FunkyFish registers them for 14 days in a row. FunkyFish has the 2nd best hand once a day and sits next to button. Still RNG is against him every time and he ends up being last. 40c BIN lost 42 times resulting 16,80€ negative for his bakroll in stead of getting 22,40€ back from those tourneys and a 5,80€ positive result for his bankroll.

I know that these are really small amount of moneys and when Unibet doesn't rake those tourneys they don't probably have any motivation to make this system even look fair. Although, Stubbes argument will be that it is already fair when it's totally random. It just doesn't look that way. 

• Like 2

@Pionrj I built up a big base of €1 tickets in the UK by entering all the 5c flips and am doing the same in the Supermoon with 2c tickets. The maths so far dictate that this should be profitable in the long term, as it was with the UK flips, and then I'll look at the figures for flipping the 40c tickets to €2 and maybe the €2 ones to €10. Just entering the odd flip here and there may mean you being unlucky and keep missing a ticket, but I suggest you invest say one or two euros and register every 2c flip for a few days. You may be surprised how many 40c tickets you end up with. 👍😃

I'm keeping a tally of the whole thing so updates will follow in my blog. :geek:

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R So there has to be overlay in some flip tournaments. That's something I've thought every now and then but still haven't had energy to track those tourneys. And raked flip tourneys needs to have a huge overlay to be profitable in a long run and yesterday I checked those and didn't find a single raked tourney with overlay.

I' m not really fan of lottery so zero ev flips I won't even consider.