Do we need new table designs?

Stubbe-Unibet

Looking back at old threads and feedback from the past, more simple table designs have often been requested, so I thought I'd create a thread (after @Esir reminded me) dedicated to this question: what kind of design, if any, would you like to see added to the client? What's your personal favorite and which designs don't you like?

This will also be your opportunity (tagging a few design wizards: @MrBandes , @pinki , @jerry) to submit your own proposal for a new table design that might be added to the client :)

• Like 4

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@wwaanneess wrote:

Ok, sorry for the off topicness of my post, so for design I'm fine, happy with the black one 

No worries, I totally get that you think the other is significantly more important, and if both of these improvements were with the same team, I would agree with you :)

• Like 1

@wwaanneess wrote:

Design is for later imo, first table breaking problem for cash pls. 

This is mostly a problem at evenings and nights. Most of the day its fine cause there is one/two palyers at the most that are going away from the table and the fillings are soon to be found. The way is to not allowing client to open new tables when there are incomplete tables or simply closing the 2 or maybe even 3 people tables at evenings/nights. 

@Stubbe-Unibet 

As for new designs what i need the most is new card themes. Three existing ones (with two of them simply the same) are not enough. Changing green in the lobby would be also great (diffrent shade of green would be ok since green is Unibet color). And also from time to time change of client font would be also appreciated, since its changing the look and the feel of client, its like using new software (this goes also for new card themes).

And while were at it can we please change those damn swimmers in Unibet community? 🤣:haha:

I still dont understand why Unibet blocked the possibility of editing themes. Biggest poker software doesnt care so why here suddenly it became a problem?

• Like 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry, a new deck of cards is unfortunately significantly more complex (will have to be added to settings etc.) than a simple background. The provider is currently investigating the exact scope of a new deck of cards :)

Let's keep this thread on topic and take these other discussions elsewhere :D

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet 

Well, i dont really know what things for table designs apply here. If its about table backgrounds i dont think there are much problem here. Some of them are clearly unusable since they are too bright or too dark, but there are many to choose so i dont see much problem here. With avatars i think Unibet hit the jackpot, there are fun and mostly great and i dont think we need to be able to add our own. I dont know what else.

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:
@jerry, a new deck of cards is unfortunately significantly more complex (will have to be added to settings etc.) than a simple background. The provider is currently investigating the exact scope of a new deck of cards :)

There is no problem to replace one of those three with diffrent design. One new design every two months with 4/6 in circulation would be enough. No need to write new client just to add 4th theme to the settings. Written in smaller font to keep thread on topic (mostly) :scared:

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I really liked what @pinki did with his tables where is was the same base design but different felt colours. I find nearly all the non-standard  table designs unbearable and pretty much a waste of design time. If you look at any other site the themes are all normally quite similar and unobtrusive. I know Unibet likes to be unique but as far as table design goes there really isn't any point reinventing the wheel.

I'd much rather have them develope a way to change felt colour per table. I've always liked the option on other sites to have sat tables one colour, SNGs another, ITM tables another etc. Adding MTT names or graphics to table felts would be good too.

• Like 1
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC   Fully agree.  I've been using it lately views:  first and last two. And changing the felt color would be very useful. Mine was overwritten during the update  in the past and im too lazy add them again;)

But changing the color of individual tables is inconvenient now.

@Stubbe-Unibet Later i'll put here the table view with small changes that came to my head while playing with the lobby designs.

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Looking back at old threads and feedback from the past, more simple table designs have often been requested, so I thought I'd create a thread (after @Esir reminded me) dedicated to this question: what kind of design, if any, would you like to see added to the client? What's your personal favorite and which designs don't you like?

This will also be your opportunity (tagging a few design wizards: @MrBandes , @pinki , @jerry) to submit your own proposal for a new table design that might be added to the client :)

When was the last time we had a new table design? 2 years ago? Time for some new ones!

I like the slightly darker ones with less aggressive colors where you actually can play poker without getting eye cancer. Back alley, Japanese table, ski lodge, private plane and the like. London Eye is borderline. The picnic table looks great, however for me it's unplayable. Kid's room, alien space ship and beach towel are the worst.

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Stubbe-Unibet 

A few words from me:

The option to change the background colors must come to Unibet. Give a choice of 2-4 tables with different backgrounds(simple, not fancy) and put some icon somewhere in the table view. It does not have to be a color picker, few or a dozen colors is enough.

Note: this ideas are for desktop view. This is just a sketch.

post_table_addon.thumb.jpg.283c30e46e77cf893160fd1bf81e500f.jpg

1. Many times I am forced to go to the lobby to check the addon level. It would be nice to have this information on the table directly.
I know that we have some info about blinds in title bar. Add info about current level in title bar it is not a bad idea.

We can also get rid of information about the next break from info-box(this info in my opinion is only usefull in R/A MTTs. Do we need this with info about addon level?) There is some place for that also -> top left corner.

2. we gain a little space for actual position and number of entrants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

table_view_no_avatars.jpg.763866ba9811d8f64709f6342cf5c94c.jpg

- Some of us do not like playing with: carrots, cactuses and raspberries. The view with no avatar is a bit 'harsh', maybe create option to replace avatars with one default/neutral?

I used to write somewhere about the discreet watermark on the table with information about the tournament:

- I think it would be a useful thing for multitabling(like felt color)(so many misslicks when i though that was some wild-freeoll )
- for streamers also
- players place screenshots here from instant poker  and we dont see what they played.

I forgot about something ...

• Like 2
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@Elukka12 wrote:

We need an issue-free poker client. Until then everything else is just silly.

or we need a lot of recreational players and poker client will be not important  :D

By the way i agree about some avatars which is not good, may be you can remove some of them and add new ones :)

@SDmonkey wrote:

Nice to be asked but i think the software is spot on as it is, just the disconnections as others have said, did anyone mention the rake !

It should be same price in bb100 across all stakes just a thought 😃

I dont think so, but looks like at some stakes rake must be changed. 6% at NL100 with current squads is too high. You just can't play with 6% rake without recreational player. It is too expensive

• Like 1

@pinki wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R   but you do not know one thing,  if you want to know, let me know 🤣

https://i1.kwejk.pl/k/obrazki/2019/04/zc69R9XqO1tMBsYR.mp4

That was just downright weird @pinki , similar to your taste in music, or am I just getting old? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png