Customizing poker client

jerry

When you change even background/font in lets say Windows, there is this novelty/freshness like with using something new. Would like to have this with poker client. We have two sets of cards but i cant look at any of them by now :P

What im interested if its possible to change this:

1.Diffrent set of cards (i think someone here on board was using some nice set of cards, but maybe im imagining things)

2.Diffrent fonts in lobby (there is this folder /assets/fonts and there are few fonts, maybe changing there will have some effects, dont wanna dabble into that by myself though)

3.Custom table backgrounds (this is the least since we have many to choose from, problem is many of them are too bright to use for me)

4.Changing poker client lobby background from black to something else

EDIT by @Stubbe-Unibet: it's no longer possible to customize the cards. We're considering a competition where users can submit their own card design and the most popular one will be added to the client.

• Like 4
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@jerry I can look into this when I've got a bit of free time from the fantasy stuff, but I believe @jonny2192 already did some customizations himself.

I believe most things are stored locally as simple png and jpg files, and if that's the case, it's easy to replace them and make your own design :) - should have a special community design with a unique table and cards :)

• Like 1

@testuser1

Mostly im after how to change the cards. Maybe can you point me to the path where the cards and table layouts are stored? Cant find them. Also maybe you know if i change the fonts from /assets/fonts that would do the trick? Dont want to break client on my own :geek:

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Indeed i find the card design awful too! And i could not help myself not to redesign it when i found the corresponding png files for them a while ago.

I mean the game is just so well designed, and then you look at the cards and they look absolute garbage to everything else, the avatars, the backgrounds, everything!

It all looks like it was made in a hurry with Microsoft Paint. It's the HEART OF THE GAME, THE CARDS, and they look very cheap in my opinion!

The previous Unibet Poker client which used Adobe Air/Flash Player had much better card design, although maybe not that well visible in small windows.

You can see that design in this

Looks like all the design got saved from that previous client, just not the cards. 

There is also misalignment. As a graphic designer it hurts my eyes to look at things not pixel perfect.

notpixelperfect.png.5b9fda0bdaef1e7bf4f2277729345957.png

Card decks are stored here : "c:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Unibet Poker\assets\common\cards\.."

It's normally a hidden folder (Appdata) in Windows, so you have to switch it visible first.

I was thinking about sharing my design here, but then i was hesitating with it, cause i did not want that the devs close down the customization option, and lock down the ugly design (i might as well stop playing here after that! :Tongue:)

Also i did not use an open source font, so sharing is a different story again. And it's already my second big redesign after i got bored of the first one. I might gonna get bored this one too some time and when the games are not going well i start messing again with the design again.. :Happy:

But if someone is interested and would like to try out my decks, i could share it somewhere. Maybe we could make/find an another customization forum for that or anything if needed.

DualWhiteBack.jpg.2d75460c53ed8469561f84d3baffacbc.jpgQuadWhiteBack.jpg.0106d010ad36aba0ffb94798338b6123.jpgDualBlackBack.jpg.57969e7f6763cead98391606c253305f.jpgQuadBlackBack.jpg.ad11d0c1f936354664b9b7c0c731a4c2.jpg

@jerry wrote:

@testuser1

Mostly im after how to change the cards. Maybe can you point me to the path where the cards and table layouts are stored? Cant find them. Also maybe you know if i change the fonts from /assets/fonts that would do the trick? Dont want to break client on my own :Geek:

• Like 6

@MrBandes

I would love to see you share your beautiful designs. I really think that everyone would find that usefull and i really see no point of devs stopping the customization. That would be petty to say the least 🤣 Unibet client is really great but i would use some diffrent colours/decks/backgrounds/fonts from time to time.

I have many decks from diffrent poker client, will try to export them to Unibet with my limited skills  😀  Im pretty sure that i dont know if i need to mess something with .xml file? Or i need only to replace the .png and the deck will work?

How to change the fonts? It will work if i swap the roboto font from user/roaming? Did you customize lobby at any chance?

• Like 1

Allright then.

There is a backup of the assets at the "c:\Program Files (x86)\Unibet Poker" folder.

Also here is a zip file containing the factory decks. Reinstalling the client also resets every asset to default.

My First design was blackish cards but with only dual colored suits. Numbers are quite big and visible. But suits are not as easy to distinguish from each other. Specially for Omaha it's not the best choice as it looks here, but playable. 

JeanWickOmahaChamp01.thumb.jpg.48ae6cffbc5b373a6401ac1f6fb65c24.jpg

Here is the zip file containing this first card deck. This will only change the 4-color deck (3rd one). Later more on this.

Second design, white cards, but 4 colors. Later i realised the suits have different sizes, like clubs is the biggest, diamond is the smallest, and i did not like it that much afterwards. The Zip file for second deck.

Third design, are the ones from the images i posted earlier. 4 versions, Dual and Quad colored suits with black and white backgrounds.

Since there is only 3 slots for cards in the client, i have made 3 setups for the packs. 

DualWhite DualBlack QuadBlack, DualWhite DualBlack QuadWhite, DualWhite QuadBlack QuadWhite.

I am using the middle one for a while now, mostly the QuadWhite deck. You can reorder them if you want, but it can get messed up since the xml files contain not only the png file names, but also deck names like "simple/card-2c", "normal/card-2c" or "4color/card-2c". You can figure out how it works, but if something goes wrong, you will see no cards at all. :Smile:

I hope i packaged well the zip regarding the xml files. :Smile:

DualWhite DualBlack QuadWhite should work 100% since that's the one i am using right now aswell.

The Zip file containing the 3 setups.

Here is how the ordering looks in the client. 

carddecks.png.91400c07db76e00cf38e08522bf51570.png

So, good luck with installing and playing! Enjoy :Smile:

Next i will share a window background, cause i "finetuned" one of them.

I did not try to change anything in the lobby. You could perhaps change the fonts (Roboto-Regular.ttf, Roboto-Bold.ttf, RobotoCondensed-Bold.ttf).

Find another font and rename it to one of these perhaps. I did not mess with that until now :Smile: 

• Like 6

So, next up is the backgrounds.

I really like the space ship background, specially the blue table, but i am happy without the space ship interior itself. With a lot of tables opened i think it's better to have less distractions and keep it as simple as possible.

There are 3 files corresponding for each background. Like here, it's 29-0.jpg, 29-1.png, 29-2.png.

*-0.jpg is the actual background, here it's the space ship interior. I changed this for myself to a dark gray linen background. You can change it to anything just make sure it's a 2048x1536 pixels jpg file.

*-1.png is the shadow of the table, it's contains a dark shade. I cleaned this up for myself. Happy without the shadow below the table.

*-2.png is the table image. It has to be 2048x1536 pixels again and 32-bit png. I had visibility problems with the original one, meaning the Hand strength cannot be seen clearly -> White Text on White Background. Either the text should have a black edge, or the white background should be changed. I did this, cleared the the white light from the edge of the table, and on the inside edges too. It doesn't look as good with this black line, but at least Hand strength is visible everywhere. Maybe i will try the table's blue color later.

tablefinetune.jpg.8730b4e1759009592d4e4cd94a78520f.jpg

End result will look like this:

KKKK_03.thumb.jpg.e5021dbd04d4fb1c5b432f18694c27dc.jpg

The Zip files :

Original Space Ship Table Backup.

My Modded Space Ship Table.

• Like 5

I did manage to change backgrounds by myself :). Thanks for the cards, really appreciated. This dark one is rather unusable on Omaha, 100% i would make mistakes playing more than 2 tables

Like i said will try to export some of the decks from diffrent poker client, i have few of them, some of them i even bought.

I really like those.

Przechwytywanie.PNG.f061c87280ca801fcba418884aca11ad.PNG

• Like 1

This looks nice. Although visibility is another story. On the Unibet client, rank should be on the left side in order to be recognized at the opponents hands. Also the suit should be recognizable on the left side of the card, with the cards overlapping each other..

• 2 weeks later...

Variety is the spice of life! I have created a 4-color version deck also today.

Currently i am trying to upload it, but pCloud is not working right now for me. :wonder:

Maybe tomorrow. 

Clubs green and Hearts red maybe will get some color finetuning, but overall i find the cards quite cool, although need a little time to get used to them.

Also the cards back is in a somewhat early design which is not visible here, but that's not so important, and easy to change anyway.

4-Color_03_1280.thumb.jpg.3d28b702238bc6bd7da5a5b1ce31f930.jpgColorOrgy.thumb.jpg.ab2f78c26e8ae73fbb813c4e4c05370d.jpgSetFlushed.thumb.jpg.878bf3c872611915c992ca198084d708.jpgKKWins.thumb.jpg.37ea5f8b2707d2d70f61a9ac53b2ad72.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome job what you're doing for other people too, man! 🆒 It's beyond common and creative sense why the folks at UB haven't done this already, but this is truly by players for players kinda stuff 👍 
The normal greenback cards indeed have been a -sometimes expensive- pain in the azz while multitabling, and these mods are actually pretty damn nice. Big thanks for those and sharing 'em with everybody! 😀
Much love 🆒

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

New deck from me.

Kind of beta cause i haven't finished the suits yet, but i like it this minimal way too.

Industrial01.zip

Copy files to c:\Program Files\Unibet Poker\assets\common\cards\

c:\Program Files (x86)\Unibet Poker\assets\common\cards\  if you have still the 32 bit version client

and contents of mipmaps folder to here c:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Unibet Poker\assets\common\cards\mipmaps\

You need admin rights and hidden/system files visible for the second one.

Enjoy!

FlipCardz.thumb.jpg.43ab2c4d56b8b1c7cde37aa94f29fccd.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have missed out on this thread but started to for  couple of days ago to think about customization of the tables.

I alost like the space table lot but not so into all the details around (spaceship stuff). Thanks for the contribution:) Will try it out:)

• 1 month later...