Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Unibet Poker Expert DavidP_Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert

JANUARY UPDATE: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Community-Poker-League-January-results-and-February...

As suggested in a previous post, we're going to start up a community poker league for anyone here who'd like to take part! The league will run with a monthly leaderboard, with €2 buyin games taking place on Wednesday and Friday evenings at 20:30 CET - your 5 best results each month will count towards the leaderboard, which will be updated in this post every Monday afternoon. 

In the first month there will be a total of 10 games, taking place on the following dates:

Wednesdays: 29th June, 6th July, 13th July, 20th July, 27th July

Fridays: 1st July, 8th July, 15th July, 22nd July, 29th July

We will of course award prizes to the best performing players - prizes for the first month will be: 

Position Prize
1 €250 UO ticket + custom avatar
2 €100 in choice of tickets
3 €50 in choice of tickets
4 €35 in choice of tickets
5 €25 in choice of tickets
6-10 €10 MTT ticket

Points will be awarded in the same format as the Butler league - please see my later post in this thread for full points table.

We can make changes to the setup in subsequent months based on feedback here, but hopefully this gets us off to a good start. The password for each of the first 10 tournaments will be pokerlove.

Good luck! 

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
330 REPLIES
MoreTBC Rank 21
Rank 21

Is there a GTD on the tourneys?

Are there going to be different formats/games (Bounty/Turbo/PLO) or are they all straight vanilla NLHE?

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
Skeleton_NOR Rank 10
Rank 10

Will there be prizes for each game?

Unibet Poker Expert

For the 1st month we won't place guarantees on the individual tournaments and they will all run as 'vanilla' NLHE. As this is the first time we are running this, the first month will be a chance to test what works best and then we can amend future months based on any feedback we pick up in the first few weeks. I'm sure over time it will evolve and grow into the best fit for the majority of players taking part.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
polarbear Rank 17
Rank 17

common guys is no guarantee in those tournaments since they are build for the leaderboard.

the only prizes will be regular buy in amount + at the end of each month prizes from leaderboard.

consider those games as a 45 ppl sng 

as a sugestion the time is a bit to late for some people at 19:30 CET would be much better and structure turbo rather than normal speed

Git Rank 10
Rank 10
polarbear Rank 17
Rank 17

one more question , saying that people who win first place dont want to play any UO satellite , would be those 250 changed into other tickets or some alternatives?

0 Likes
MoreTBC Rank 21
Rank 21

DavidP_Unibet wrote:

For the 1st month we won't place guarantees on the individual tournaments and they will all run as 'vanilla' NLHE. As this is the first time we are running this, the first month will be a chance to test what works best and then we can amend future months based on any feedback we pick up in the first few weeks. I'm sure over time it will evolve and grow into the best fit for the majority of players taking part.

The GTD question was just me being nosey as to how many entrants you thought the tourneys would get. I can't remember how many the community freeroll got.

I would like to see game rotations for month two please Smile August will be a 9 game series(?) so having 3 different types of game (PLO, Turbo NLHE, Regular Bounty NLHE for example) on rotation will give players that may not be able to play Friday games a chance to play all types on a Wednesday or vice versa. If it stays as vanilla NLHE then it's basically just a Monthly Butler league with a smaller field size until people realise where the password is. I'd like to see the Community champ be the best all-rounder at what's available on Unibet Smile

Will the points allocation be up for discussion? I fully appreciate it's one of those things you can really judge until there is some data but it would be nice to know if it can be tweaked in the future. With the current system you could final table (assuming it's 9 handed) and finish 9th every event and still be behind someone that won one event and bricked the rest. 

Other than that, I'm looking forward to it Smile Prize pool is extremely generous, especially with being able to pick how your want your ticket allocation. I can't play the Friday ones but will definitely be battling mid week Smile 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
Unibet Poker Expert

The €250 UO ticket can't be exchanged I'm afraid... who wouldn't want to come to UO?! Wink

Everything is up for discussion ahead of month two, including the points distribution- if anything I'm looking for everyone who takes part to help us build this in the way they would like it to run going forwards.

― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
pirahn Rank 14
Rank 14

Some of the unibet staff should play with a bounty on their head in the form of tickets or extra points, If thats not allowed then the winner could have a similar bounty on their head for next tournament.

Also, a community poker page running with fun exchanges whilst playing.