Community Poker League - Xmas 2020 Edition!

Stubbe-Unibet

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the reasons for stalling before bubble, all I'm saying is that in a community tournament if think it's ok to not chase max EV in every spot if it slows the game down to an unbearable level and therefore removes any joy for a lot of your fellow community members.

I disagree, it gave me more time to check my socials.

honestly though not a big deal. 

great game Janek, you saved the community the 1100 euro ticket.

Had a lot of fun again, till next week

• Like 1
“I'd rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right.” ― Albert Einstein

2 bad news for me today:

1 - I was so close to get 1100 ticket today but didnt

2 - Now i see that i need same nickname on poker and in community to take part in leaderboard 

Not sure "slmr" is very similar to "angryangry" 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

@comanimal wrote:

I understand the reasons for stalling before bubble, all I'm saying is that in a community tournament if think it's ok to not chase max EV in every spot if it slows the game down to an unbearable level and therefore removes any joy for a lot of your fellow community members.

Like i said, its ok how did you played there, everyone can do what they want with their chips. But also with their timebanks, specially in that spot. And im sure "fellow community members" knows these basics too. Really thought you too man. :sad: A bit disappointed.

• Like 1

@OmNomNom wrote:

@comanimal wrote:

Like i said, its ok how did you played there, everyone can do what they want with their chips. But also with their timebanks, specially in that spot. And im sure "fellow community members" knows these basics too. Really thought you too man. :sad: A bit disappointed.

@OmNomNom You are disappointed that I am disappointed of your endless stalling? Way to turn the dissappointment accusations around, man! :laugh:

I literally just wrote on my last reply (that you yourself just quoted) that while I understand the "basics" why you stalled, I still think that it's not the best idea to max stall every hand in a community tournament. And then you reply by totally disregarding everything I just said and instead bring up my gameplay which has nothing to do with your stalling? Elaborate, please! I'm all ears! 😉

• Like 1

All leaderboards will be updated after the tournaments tomorrow :)

We might look into lowering the timebank and TTA values. I do agree that these tournaments aren't your regular MTT, where stalling is obviously totally legitimate, and we have defined the values, so we're the ones to blame :)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I don't see any problem with stalling at these events. It is more like "Don't play so damn well" to ask people not to do it near bubble. Would you fold aces because "it would be so unfair hand to play against" just because this is community tournament. No, you wouldn't.

Play more tables if you get bored :)

• Like 2

We all agree it makes sense to stall, from a leaderboard and monetary perspective. That isn't really the point :)

The point is that community tournaments are different; the objective is different from a site perspective (and for many players), it's a different crowd joining these etc.

I don't blame anyone, as it's up to us to find a compromise with the TTA and timebank :)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Probably I will punish myself more than others by doing this, but just to prove my point I will max tank - fold/call/raise every action tomorrow and let's see how much you enjoy it when you are on the other end of this 😏

My apologies to everyone in advance :happyshy:

I'm not really into, but what if problem for you, that is not less fun for you, but if you were a chiplead or so, you just wanted to play more hands ))) and have nore value )))

I will repeat, I didn't watch you afterwards,

but at some point you were cheaplead