Community Poker League - Suggestions

JeppeL

We want to improve the experience of the Community Poker League and make it more attractive to be a part of, so if there ever was a time to let us know how you  feel about the league and what can be changed to make it better, this is it :)

Though we can't guarantee that we'll change everything you ask for, but we promise that we'll consider all suggestions in order to make the necessary improvements for the future  and we hope to hear from you below :)

Former Community Manager

• Add PLO for a week in the month. If people really don't want to play then they can just skip that week and still hae 6 chances to score points. It's really not that hard to learn and it might get a few more people into the game and the other PLO tourneys on the schedule.
  • Lower the number of places in the league that get paid and redistribute to make it more appealing. I won a prize last month by earning a single point playing one MTT, it shouldn't be like that. I'm not sure if the Butler league is still going but if it isn't then this could easily become the new main league with good prizes. Even a Community UO package for a winner one month would be a nice change.
  • Have a bounty month and add extra points for bounties earned. Not sure if there is the ability to record that stuff in the back end but I think chaning up the league format every now and again might make it a bit more interesting.
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC wrote:

• Add PLO for a week in the month. If people really don't want to play then they can just skip that week and still hae 6 chances to score points. It's really not that hard to learn and it might get a few more people into the game and the other PLO tourneys on the schedule.

+1 one for PLO week.

Joker game: before the start of the current week you can use a joker (once in a month) and you will get double points (if any).

Special jackpot: reach all of the tourneys the FT and you get an added bonus.

H2H: make a challenge against another league participant, finish before her/him and get 50% more points or 50% of your villains win (if she/he won any). Specify which one you want before tourney starts.

4 of a kind: reach all of your avatars the FT in one month.

S04 gegen BVB: specify your most hated hand and won an allin against a player who had that combination.

You talking to me?: eliminate 3 players in a hand.

Lucky seat: a player who is sitting one of the seats have a bounty. If he leaves that seat another player on the same seat will be the hunt.

I wouldn't change it too much...don't mind a week of PLO for a bit of variety or extra goodies thrown in as prizes 👼...the points system seems to work OK and the UO2 ticket as consolation prize for having a go at 4 tourneys adds a bit of value. :wonder:

@radge1 wrote:

I wouldn't change it too much...don't mind a week of PLO for a bit of variety or extra goodies thrown in as prizes 👼...the points system seems to work OK and the UO2 ticket as consolation prize for having a go at 4 tourneys adds a bit of value. :wonder:

Although I don't think it's what you're suggesting I like the idea of only be eligable for a prize if you compete in x or more tourneys. 4 may be a bit steep but at least 2 seems fair. 

MoreTBC wrote...

radge1 wrote:
I wouldn't change it too much...don't mind a week of PLO for a bit of variety or extra goodies thrown in as prizes Angel...the points system seems to work OK and the UO2 ticket as consolation prize for having a go at 4 tourneys adds a bit of value. Wonder

Although I don't think it's what you're suggesting I like the idea of only be eligable for a prize if you compete in x or more tourneys. 4 may be a bit steep but at least 2 seems fair.

@MoreTBC...I was under the impression that there was already a requirement to play at least 4 legs to win anything but, on checking back I don't see it as an actual requirement so I probably just made it up! :laugh:

Maybe a special title on the community forum underneath the name or similiar would be nice "Feb 2017 Community League Champion" or similiar.

I like the custom avatar that was in the last community as a finishing prize.

Perhaps once a week one of the games could be streamed with a delay, showing holecards, with an expert mtt person commentating, that would be fun too.

I agree that we need something new to encourage more participants as a few months ago we were 30+ at each tournament(sometimes even 50+), now we're always around 20(sometimes 20- 😞)... I like PLO and it's kinda fun to play for anyone, so +1 for that 👍

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@testuser1

- I think the payout should be adjusted and maybe first 5-6 players to get something(similar with the 18 max CAP tournaments)

- Also. maybe is just my opinion but this is a community league and we should know who we play against(like for the other community tournaments and we should use the community alias- no points for the tournament/ -s you don't use it)

- Mixing up between Hold'em and Omaha should be fun and hopefully will bring more people... maybe on Wednasday-> Hold'em and on Friday-> Omaha

- More advertising of the League, IMO the prices are already awesome(especially that rank 1 ❤️) but maybe some extra Unibet branded merchandise(brelocks, mouse pads, t-sirts, community hoodies...)

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

+1 to using community aliases or close to it. If you forget just post in the thread.

If there is PLO added I think it needs to be the Wed and Fri on a single week, not one day of the week one game type and one day the other. You're punishing players that can't play on  a Wednesday and don't like PLO. There is never going to be a way to please everyone I guess but I think one PLO week is going to affect less people overall.

I think we could also discuss moving the league days. I'm not sure if the Butler is still running or going to continue but moving the league to a Monday from the Friday would allow someone to potentially stream it, play in it, or commentate on it. Giving it Twitch visibility can only be a good thing.

More advertising on Unibet and it would be great to sticky the basic rules somewhere on this site! Also, I advocate a quicker pace and a shorter late registration period. Maybe similar to the UO 10 Euro Turbo qualifiers. Those tourneys don't take much longer than an hour and late registration is open for 20 minutes.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I think the tournament starts way to late in the evening. Its better if it begins around 19.00 or so.

I also noticed the 5 tournaments  starting at random dates each month, making it confusing what tournament counts for what month. is it the final tournament of december? or the first one for january? its simply hard to know.

Since the number of participants is rather low, i think a 6max format is way better. the blind levels are fine as they are.

I love the fact that everyone gets rewarded a prize even if only scoring 1 point. This prize structure is pretty sweet honestly.

Hopefully this feedback was helpful, Best of luck at the tables everyone!

The games have always been every Wednesday and Friday so I can't see why it would be confusing. The only thing that can be confusing is if the week crosses over two months but the return of a monthy post to say when teh games will run would solve that.

Archived