Collusion?

Betzcom

A) Early tournament finishes

Over the weekend, some satellite tournaments finished in the first minute (first hand?). It seems to be the same people. I attach screenshots for 2 tourneys (there may have been others they did this on).

385482602_EarlyMW.thumb.GIF.4475b1aab4ecd667b52112c395ecb175.GIF666659965_EarlyNova.thumb.GIF.e15f723b4fa1a67b807ca9b0a99b56cb.GIF

Can you check if this is collusion?

B) Psycho x 2

I played in multiple satellite tourneys and noticed 2 avatars that had the same image (mad scientist), and virtually the same name (Pyscho79 & Psycho97), playing in the same table, and reaching the final table a few times. See attached screen shots from different tourneys.

960743792_psychos-edit.jpg.78635cc58e176e27578ff2cdaf567180.jpg1853269694_Psychosagain-edit.GIF.jpg.b9fb91522f185fd7787e8f18990a602d.jpg

They got pretty far, reaching the bubble a few times. I don't know how many tickets they won that night, but even unsuccessful collusion is against the rules, right?

So please check these accounts and take the appropriate action, thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Psycho79 is def not a colluder, the second account is a troll account and its not unusual for multiple regs to be on the bubble.
I end up on most sat bubbles with psycho and other regs because I play them all, you just wont notice me as I change alias a lot.

The other thing is also common practice, if there is an overlay players will go in pre flop to finish the game to stop it ending up 20 players.
Like yesterday i went aipf with 75o in a 2e to 10mtt sat because there was just one other player, People do this to stop people constantly bubble sniping games. 

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@FreedoM wrote:

@jonny2192 Do you remember the days when almost everybody has an ashlee alias in the MTTs. It was hilarious.

Yes I remember also been a table full of variations of badbeatpete and the week after I scared David with a duck on stream there was a freeroll with 90% of players being the duck.

@Betzcom, Unibet is my favourite poker site, and I would definitely never risk losing it in that obvious and hopeless way. The other guy was apparenly one of the community regs trolling me just for the LOLS. Yes, we both got far in many tournaments, but it's really nothing unusual, especially with sats small fields. Besides, I knocked him out once or twice, and vice versa as far as I remember. Colluders don't bust out each other, do they? Unibet can easily check that. @jonny2192 and @FreedoM, thanks for defending me 👍 People, don't let yourself go crazy, if someone has a good sense of humour, I'm just buying it. GL

@jonny2192 you know this is against the rules? And your account can get suspended because of this. You are not allowed to catch overlay on purpose

@jonny2192 wrote:

@Psycho79 is def not a colluder, the second account is a troll account and its not unusual for multiple regs to be on the bubble.
I end up on most sat bubbles with psycho and other regs because I play them all, you just wont notice me as I change alias a lot.

The other thing is also common practice, if there is an overlay players will go in pre flop to finish the game to stop it ending up 20 players.
Like yesterday i went aipf with 75o in a 2e to 10mtt sat because there was just one other player, People do this to stop people constantly bubble sniping games. 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF wrote:

@jonny2192 you know this is against the rules? And your account can get suspended because of this. You are not allowed to catch overlay on purpose

@jonny2192 wrote:

I didnt know this but if thats the case then why arent the number of players needed a lot higher?

And by this reasoning everyone whos ever won a ticket thats regged for a game where there are less players needed than prizes needs to be banned. This week alone I have purposefully regged two games and won a ticket without playing a hand.

Also with me shoving 75o HU, what should I do wait for better hands, I am obv going to play wider with 6e overlay and a chance to take it down as soon as possible.

@Psycho79 wrote:

@Betzcom, Unibet is my favourite poker site, and I would definitely never risk losing it in that obvious and hopeless way. The other guy was apparenly one of the community regs trolling me just for the LOLS. Yes, we both got far in many tournaments, but it's really nothing unusual, especially with sats small fields. Besides, I knocked him out once or twice, and vice versa as far as I remember. Colluders don't bust out each other, do they? Unibet can easily check that. @jonny2192 and @FreedoM, thanks for defending me 👍 People, don't let yourself go crazy, if someone has a good sense of humour, I'm just buying it. GL

@Psycho79 @Betzcom @jonny2192 @VikingsAF I can confirm that those two alias was quite a like but the players were not even from the same country, I think the "original Psycho"  have some one that really admire his one-outer-skills 😃

@VikingsAF wrote:

@VikingsAF What is against the rules and where are these rules.Everyone playing supernova would be suspended as its almost always overlaying and the majority playing know this before they join.. As to people going all in early., its good roi. 

As to original post, i can understand the ops thinking on first point but its never good to assume.

As to psycho and collusion,  The player is a reg with his own blog who plays several hrs per day and he does not take advantage of roi. To assume here is rather insulting as the op is making careless assumptions.

@pirahnin the tournament rules it is clearly stated that unethical play is not allowed.

That covers a lot of things, just like regging with the same guys to an overlaying MTT and shoving on the first hand. This can be seen as intentionally playing softer which is literally stated in the rules.

You also need to understand that shoving to catch overlay is completely different as playing a tournament which ends after late reg closed and is overlaying

Edit for @Leo-Unibet I know about psycho :D my comment was only on the overlay hunting. I just quoted the whole post because I was lazy

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

The overlay hunters who only reg at the last second of a sat with no runners and then shove the 1st hand are a disease to all honest players.  They take money from Unibet (which could be our promo money) and do nothing good for the site or its players.

They need to be banned fast because they attract other scum.  Full Tilt had this problem a few years ago and it got really bad.

@VikingsAF wrote:

@pirahnin the tournament rules it is clearly stated that unethical play is not allowed.

That covers a lot of things, just like regging with the same guys to an overlaying MTT and shoving on the first hand. This can be seen as intentionally playing softer which is literally stated in the rules.

You also need to understand that shoving to catch overlay is completely different as playing a tournament which ends after late reg closed and is overlaying

@VikingsAF What is ethical is always subjective. Is it ethical Unibet make money from gaming. Is it ethical a good player takes money from a new player. If you played 100 supernova on sunday with min 2 players and 1st prize is 20k. Would you not go all in first hand if only 2 players or would you wait for 200 other players to join. If Unibet kept your 20k winnings for being unethical, would u say fair play or seek legal advise.Some months ago i played at a different site with chat available. approx £100 to £500. 5 seats gtd with only 6 players. All in first hand and game over. 4 of the 6 players on that table were the sites best customers and best players by a country mile.One was their biggest winner. Do you ban some of your best customers. There is a big difference between ethical and legal.

Unibet have a small player pool and its highly likely that your going to get same players around. Collusion of many different types always exists and poker sites have sophisticated software to try and detect it. 

At the above mentioned poker site, one of the reps went a little crazy as many players were taking advantage of roi. He threatened all sorts until a reg told him to go ahead and ban people and  go make love to yourself. Someone sensible just increased the minimums on tournies where it was most likely to occur. When you have a 40 to 1 ratio with min 2 players, what do expect will happen when only 2 players.

You can concentrate on this kind of crap or concentrate on getting a bigger player pool. When you have a bigger pool, its crazy but so many issues just resolve themselves.

You need to see the thing from their perspective too @Sect7G   You say "honest" players. But in this situation those "honest" players are super late reggers then. Do they not take advantage on those people that actualy join so the tournament can start ? Do those tournament starters people not play for long time, some of them getting konocked out before even late reg closes ? Sometimes they just get smarter too and try end it faster.

If you're a late regger and see a tournament has just minimum players.. then why not join in too sometimes ? Problem solved.

Hey @Betzcom,

Thank you for reporting these. 

As for first one, this has been investigated and appropriate action has been taken. Please do report if you come across something similar again. :)

For the second one, I can only confirm what community members have replied, this is just people messing with eachothers. :)

I would ask for @pirahn to be banned but know someone from LC will get him mad and he will ban himself, so no worries.

The getting all in early isnt the problem, its the finishing early that upsets them :P

@Betzcom

Considering A) Nice find. Same situation happened twice over the last 1 or  weeks during the Milky Way 3 Tix rebuy, maybe @ReCorpH should do some investigating there as well.. And no @jonny2192, this is scummy behaviour that needs to be eradicated from Unibet.

Considering B) I just leave this here:

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Bug-Reports/2-same-nicknames-on-1-table/m-p/13460#U13460

:Rofl:

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@jonny2192 wrote:

@WuDu 

Best way to erradicate it is to up the required players. I suggest the 5 tix sn100 guarantee should need 10 players.

@jonny2192 The problem as you probably know is those qualifiers would never start with 10 players minimum. I really hope this ain't going to major problem,  of course I monitoring the qualifiers behaviour and if necessary I have to adjust the setup. Hopefully It wont be needed. 

@Leo-Unibet I was aware :) 

I actually prefer games and do better at ones where there isnt an overlay and end up with extra prizes.

I understand its hard to balance guarantee/players needed, that gets people interested but isnt going to be a permanent loss for Unibet.

I think at the moment that 10 to 1 ratio games are going to be a bit hard to be profitable on Unibet.

An option is delaying the start time of the satellite for a minute or something.  These predators only seek out sats with no one regged and then reg at the last second.  They don't want any innocent players playing.  By delaying it this gives honest players a chance to reg.

@Sect7G wrote:

An option is delaying the start time of the satellite for a minute or something.  These predators only seek out sats with no one regged and then reg at the last second.  They don't want any innocent players playing.  By delaying it this gives honest players a chance to reg.

Theres already a 1 minute delay between being seated and the game starting.

Its all down to numbers which can vary every day, I had 2 days of getting a ticket without playing a hand because I regged early, them same games I have seen having 5-8 players at the start.

Same yesterday there was half as many players in the 5tix sn100 guarantees.

I think altering the bonus points for mtts a bit might encourage regging at the start. 125% x points for regging early.

It also doesnt help that the lobby in peak hours makes it very hard to see all current games, really could do with more lines or at least better filters.

@Sect7Gwrote:

@Sect7G Do you actually play any of these tournaments ?

Archived