Collusion (?) - SNG

Silver1

This situation didn't feel totally right. Suddenly the guy owning all chips decides to dump over chips to the guy sitting out. Due to bubble situation I did'nt want to take any risks in this spot. These kind of situations are takeing place pretty offten. Feels almost like there are guys who in some way or another are knowing each other. Like they are having a communication with each other outside of the table. Don't like what I see and hopefully there are no shady things going on but it feels kind of messed up.

sg1f0fae.thumb.png.85a77c8c4bca1824af53e4d05a605533.png

This situation didn't feel totally right. Suddenly the guy owning all chips decides to dump over chips to the guy sitting out. Due to bubble situation I did'nt want to take any risks in this spot. These kind of situations are takeing place pretty offten. Feels almost like there are guys who in some way or another are knowing each other. Like they are having a communication with each other outside of the table. Don't like what I see and hopefully there are no shady things going on but it feels kind of messed up.

I mean that those who supervise the poker tables should take a closer look on this and this specific situation. If guys are sitting and teaming up is not cool. I have seen others complain about the same thing, nothing new but it has become more frequent. I don’t need to explain myself further for you if it doesn’t make any sens what I’m writing.

@VikingsAF I see that if your in the sb and your sleeper is in the bb you can fold your 1/2 blind but then the game would stay level-if it were HU and he was being polite, very unusual- but if there were three of you I don't see 2 very polite players waiting for a sleeper, ever. 😃

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R That’s correct! He was raising all my BBs and other pots so I decided to let him win due to the sleeper guy had less chips then me. Suddenly the guy folded to the sleeper without reason. I had a slight chip advantage to the sleeper so there was no room from and ICM standpoint to make other decisions. I took a flip earlier against the active guy but then realized there was a sleeper stack. Was multi tabling so was not super awake in that spot. Any how everything maybe is legit but I have seen situations like these arise more and more. My sample size is not huge but recognized the behavior pattern more than just a few times.

Thanks for the explanation @Silver1 I have seen a big stack fold to a sleeper but only very rarely and it can be annoying if that then gives the sleeper more chips than you, but I suppose it is a tactical ploy to maybe get you to commit your stack, get KO'd then he has the sleeper to himself. I do think this is more tactical than devious but keep an eye out. :geek:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@Silver1in this example the big stack is letting the sleeper have the blinds purposely so that you yourself blind down (so you cash). He knows you have to fold to avoid bubbling so he gets you as short as he possibly can.

Its not 'sporting' as such but its not colusion or illegal either.

Follow my poker blog as I build a €1K roll from scratch!

Bing's Bankroll Builder

If the sleeper is in the BB and the chipleader who walks him is in the SB (which should be disallowed for unfair play), you can combat that behaviour by calling from the button. The chipleader will raise all-in, which eliminates the sleeper from the hand, so you don't lose any chips on him. Also, it's a great situation to double up if you get nice cards.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Archived