Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unibet Employee Chris-Unibet
Unibet Employee

I'm creating this thread so that we can discuss our loyalty scheme: Challenges.

I'll start with what's coming up.

For the start of Q3 in July, we are:

• Removing the most discarded challenges:
    "Be dealt a pair, then the next hand be dealt a higher pair" (NLHE Minor)
    "Be dealt a suited hand, then be dealt the same hand offsuit in the following hand" (NLHE Minor)
    "Have a full house when you reach the river" (NLHE Major)
    "Be dealt a hand with exactly three diamonds straight after one containing exactly three hearts" (PLO Minor)

They're the most discarded because they have a higher variance. People tend to prefer challenges with more steps when they can see a progression rather than 1 step challenges. 
  • Adding New ones:
    "3-bet (re-raise) when you are in the big blind and win the hand (pre or postflop)" (NLHE Minor)
    "Have a pair of aces on the flop using one of your hole cards" (NLHE Minor)
    "Be dealt a pair, then in the next 5 hands be dealt a higher pair at least once" (NLHE Minor)
    "Be dealt a hand, then be dealt the same hand in the following hand (suits don't matter)" (NLHE Minor)
    "Have a full house using at least one of your hole cards" (NLHE Minor)
    "Fold a hand preflop containing all four suits" (PLO Minor)
    "Be dealt a hand with exactly three diamonds" (PLO Minor)

Some of them are variations of challenges we're removing but with less variance (and therefore with more steps).
    Others are challenges that you have some control over.

You will also be able to discard up to 2 challenges of each type per month instead of 1 now

Any suggestions or feedback, please share in that thread! Smile 

88 REPLIES
MoreTBC Rank 22
Rank 22

@Chris-Unibet wrote:
  • "Have a pair of aces on the flop using one of your hole cards" (NLHE Minor)

I'm assuming you wouldn't complete this if you have AA preflop and the flop is 267 so would it not be better to reword it to 'using only one of your hole cards'? If Aces preflop count 'using one or both of your hole cards'.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
psrquack Rank 24
Rank 24

The be dealt on the hand contains JQT on the flop is still existing challenge? I play Omaha but I think those challenge is one of the hardest one.

jonny2192 Rank 23
Rank 23

@psrquack wrote:

The be dealt on the hand contains JQT on the flop is still existing challenge? I play Omaha but I think those challenge is one of the hardest one.

Hate this one with a passion.

I agree the challenges where you can see progression are more fun, even though you can get lucky and finish a 1/1 quickly your never sure if you will.

Where as if I am at 33/50 of a challenge I will play till I reach the 50 because I can see the progression.

Dont envy you the job of trying to think up challenges its was hard enough thinking of of few cards for davstone.

I used to be a supporter but they took away ticket exchanges, so now I am a sulker.
Unibet Employee

Yes "Reach a flop of QJT in any order or suit" is a NLHE Major and it's still there. People discard this one quite often though so maybe worth looking at it too. Being able to discard two challenges of each type per month should help though. 
With 20 NLHE Major Challenges (~ 2,000 hands each) it's very unlikely you'll see it even twice during a month. 

Unibet Employee

I'll double check how "Have a pair of aces on the flop using one of your hole cards" is coded but I believe it doesn't work with AA preflop (that doesnt flop anything) indeed. 

It doesn't hurt to add "only one of your hole cards" indeed!

Thanks Smile

MoreTBC Rank 22
Rank 22

@Chris-Unibet wrote:

I'll double check how "Have a pair of aces on the flop using one of your hole cards" is coded but I believe it doesn't work with AA preflop (that doesnt flop anything) indeed. 

It doesn't hurt to add "only one of your hole cards" indeed!

Thanks Smile

It could say 'Flop a pair of aces using one of your hole cards'

If you want to be really pedantic you could argue that in it's current structure if you have 45 preflop and the flop comes AAK you technically have a pair of aces on the flop and are using one of your cards to complete your hand (AAK45).

Unrelated, is there a list of all the existing challenges? It would be good to see what's currently is on rotation before trying to create suggestions for additional challenges.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
WuDu Rank 20
Rank 20

The major challenge I hate the most, because I'm sitting there for over a week now is "flop a flush or better (3x)". The most stupid one I had to click away was "have the ace of spades on the river". I mean, if you really plan on players seeing more river cards, why not change "ace of spades" to "any ace" and mutiply the amount of cards needed to complete the challenge by 4? That would mean a lot less variance when it comes to time needed to complete. Similar situation when it comes to "be dealt 72 when first to act".

On a personal level, I'd prefer if you used some of the achievement badges and transformed them into challenges. Those achievements are just sitting there not being useful at all, despite a lot of them having potential.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
God Emperor Trump
komarac Rank 10
Rank 10

I was reading and posting in 2+2 thread, and there was about 10-15 requests to remove minor NLHE challenge win a hand where at least 3 players saw a flop. 

this quarter I played less then before but  I'll reach 1,25M, so I have much more experience with completing challenges then most posters in this thread. 

maybe when you're looking at your whole database this challenge is not so hard to complete because at nl4 there are lot of multiway pots and it's much easier to win them, also at lower stakes it's rare that you need to play 3 or 4 handed, but if you fileter only nl100+ stakes, or even nl50+, I'm sure that this challenge should reward much more points. 

there are lot less 3 way pots, also in late hours I'm playing 4 handed or even 3 handed, and in that time it's almost impossible to clear it, so if I get it when tables are not full I rather quit my session. 

Also when I focus on clearing that challenge sometimes I need more flops then for some easier majors.

finamala Rank 10
Rank 10

of those suggested, I don't like this one - "Have a full house using at least one of your hole cards", somehow looks more like a Major but with fewer steps I guess.

Also, I'm a bit concerned that 3bet when in BB could get abused maybe by some players.  

And I am really surprised that you are still keeping "flop QJT" because that one is the most boring ever. Really.

Also, it would be good if you added how many steps is required to clear each of these so we can better see if we like it or not...

btw, I also have a proposition for a Major: "See a flop consisting of cards of the same suit" x5