Challenge that ecourages to play bad hands

sorcloud

Hey! This is the first time I've encountered this challenge, so I assume it's added recently. It reads: Play a hand that contains only 1 suit and win on the flop (major PLO challenge). I dont think this is an any exciting one to finish for anyone, could you consider to remove it from the game?

@sorcloud wrote:

Hey! This is the first time I've encountered this challenge, so I assume it's added recently. It reads: Play a hand that contains only 1 suit and win on the flop (major PLO challenge). I dont think this is an any exciting one to finish for anyone, could you consider to remove it from the game?

Correct me if I’m wrong – since I’m a PLO fish – but are hands like AhKhAxx considered bad hands?

Major challenges are supposed to take long – however, challenges that you can actually complete faster by playing more hands are better for good players (and totally fine for bad players too). In NLHE you have challenges like Make a better hand than a flush on the flop where you have to get ridiculously lucky to complete them fast.

Although I would agree that it encourages you to play 'bad' hands, it also sounds relatively easy to complete (at least at the low stakes). If it's a major I would just complete it at PLO4 and take the easy points.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

This challenge depends on quantity. Wait till you are in a bb, nobody raised and you have the requested combo. See the flop and if you have the nuts raise. If they call-happiness, because you have the best hand of not mission accomplished. It's boring but playing the challenges requested lines only is more -EV.

@psrquack wrote:

This challenge depends on quantity. Wait till you are in a bb, nobody raised and you have the requested combo. See the flop and if you have the nuts raise. If they call-happiness, because you have the best hand of not mission accomplished. It's boring but playing the challenges requested lines only is more -EV.

Not a lot to ask :D

The problem is if we play properly, it requires way (waaaaaay) more hands than other challenges to finish (requires 5 times to do the challenge). the odds of getting dealt 4x of same suit itself is 1.56%, and most of them are unplayable. Now combine this by position and situation which requires us to be in BB (limped pot, which doesnt happen above PL4 too often, donk flop 4-5way and win) or BTN (unopened pot, playable hand, win flop) 5x. seems broken and antifun to me :) and yes you can skip 1 challenge/month but it doesnt change the fact that this one is out of line imo and there are other unbalanced ones to skip too :P

Archived