Challenge points for Belgian Players

Jeroenvg

I absolute loved the way rakeback worked on unibet and I feel so dissapointed that regulations made this impossible. I'm a 200nl grinder and my last time grinding I had 1million points. Without rake-back I'm not motivated enough to keep playing anymore. 

I understand that unibet has to adapt to the legislation, can we as players complain about this somewhere directly to the department that is responsible for this childish, ridicouous legislation?? Maybe we can also have a little impact that will get us back a decent regulation for poker.

Greetings Jeroen

• Like 1

I sended an email to "Koen Geens", at info.kabinet@just.fgov.be - he implimented this last law - 

It's just ridiculous how they're handling us like children who can't make a decisions without limits everywhere.

They limit the freedom in which sites can offer entertainment and thereby limit us to spend our own money in the things we want. 

• Like 1

My theory is that the government does not want 'gambling' to be profitable, they might think it works encouraging to problematic behaviour. Which would be a ridiculous standpoint since people obviously gamble all the time even with insanely bad odds. This means you might as well improve the winrate instead of reduce it, so when someone indulges in problematic behaviour for a certain period of time, the financial consequences will be less. It's archaic to think that strict financial limits will reduce problematic behaviour, since people will always find more money one way or the other by lending, stealing, scamming, ... What people cannot lend are friends or family that they lose because of their behaviour. The real solutions are social work and psychological help, the fundamental gap in the Belgian societal system (and many other countries as well).