Challenge for Belgians !!??

Check_Norris

@Lerre, what exactly do you mean you "won" a 1k ticket on bwin?

I really don't have much to add (see my previous posts in the thread). There are not many ways around it, I'm afraid, unless we reduce rake or have a hexapro like mechanic where we charge negative rake in some games/hands through a feature. We're of course considering all alternatives, and as I believe I've mentioned before; once we're live with the redesign and new loyalty system (will not have a monetary solution for Belgium and Sweden), I'd like to make this a top priority.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

used to play a lot of poker on bwin, but since new law, i stopped playing so don't know about the 1k ticket, but i can confirm the odds boosts on the sports betting, some of them are worth the wager actually!

since i'm still blocked on unibet i can't see if unibet also offers odds boosts on their sport betting? If they do, it's obviously a bit weird they can indeed find a way around the law for sport betting but not for poker... could it have to do with the fact there is way more money in sport betting so they care more to find a way around it? 

• Like 1

Won a seat by shipping a mtt with a WPT ticket as added value for the winner.  This is also a form of promotion.

second of all, Pokerstars are still giving chest rewards to the players.

There are many ways around this law, and even though I believe you don't mean any disrespect when you say that you will look at this matter after the new bonus system is enrolled for the rest of the world, it is truly a slap in the for your loyal Belgian poker community.
It's a game of thin edges, and widening this gap for Belgian players is unfair.

• Like 1

I didn't play on Unibet anymore since the update. No zoom poker is OK but no rakeback and no zoom poker is a shame. Pokerstars is still giving chests and they even added alot of merchandise to their shop as example Iphone, gift cards etc... Yes there are enough ways around the law.

I don't think we have the player pool to justify zoom poker at this time. I will not comment on anything else regarding that, but having "ways around the law" might not be the best approach given the bigger picture. And I'm not trying to say that our goal as a business is to not bring back rakeback and bonuses for Belgians as a way to save money. That will cost us more than it could ever bring most likely. :) 

• Like 2

I doubt the rakeback from chests is considered legal by the Belgian gambling commission. It's probably just a question of them not being aware of it (we had challenges for a while, as you know, as we considered it legal on our end - it's a question of interpretation). I wouldn't be surprised if the chests are gone later this year. I can almost also guarantee that the shop is in violation of the law.
There are not many ways around it as you believe. There are ways to charge less rake in the first place, but in terms of paying rakeback its extremely limited what's allowed in Belgium. 

• Like 2

Less rake for Belgians and Swedes to balance out the missed out promotion and rakeback value sounds very fair (and legal)!

I would redeposited on Unibet to play poker in a finger snap!

L F G !!!

btw: for the people that mention the chests LOL I mean... 2% chest points to spend on overpriced merchandise with a logo that makes us all puke, come on dudes... Keep it serious please!

• Like 1

I saw ads on unibet belgium for 3 different forms on promotions for sportbetting..

Common guys, this is obviously also appliable for poker.

Even more, because we are not gambling,  poker gets taxed as a skillgame too In Belgium,  unlike all the other forms of gambling, who are tax free.

• Like 1

@Lerre,you might want to read my posts again. As I said, there are options, but not in terms of rakeback. The offers highlighted are boosted odds, which is similar to lower rake charged (not rake paid back).
Can't say more than I already have in the previous posts. We do not have "a lot", or even a single, good way to do rakeback in Belgium.

• Like 1

That's all good man, just know that I don't play on Unibet anymore, only ggpoker who has rakeback, stars who has chests an bwin who sometimes give away WPT tickets.

If you guys forget your grinders, then I'll guess the grinders will forget about you too and find better options.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@wwaanneess 

Unibet should do something: 

1) Give us a perspective when this will be solved

2) Talk to their community and involve us in the process what can be done with this legislation. 

Pokerstars is still giving chests, isn't the gambling aspect of chests much higher and more addictive then louter rakeback? Talk to pokerstars why can they still give some form of rake-back? 

----

In the long-term I think no-rake-back/promotion is n't good for poker, this will kill the dream of poker and the network effect. 

I can't say when we'll have significant improvements ready in this area, but I really hope we can do something about it next year.

As I've mentioned before, rakeback/monetary rewards aren't an option, and if Stars are still giving chests, I believe this can only be because the Belgian regulator doesn't know - yes, that does sound really odd, but not impossible :)

Anyway, what we can do is lower the rake or have a sort of built-in rakeback in the shape of a game mechanic (like splash the pot). Next month we'll be having a promo with 0 fee/rake on higher stakes SNG's, which is something that works in Belgium as well - Belgium is one of the reasons we're not doing 100% rakeback but 0% rake.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...