Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArtyMcFly Rank 15
Rank 15

Nice work on that 4NL winrate. I'm kind of surprised at how much your bankroll apparently fluctuated at 10NL given you're a crusher. This game has so much crazy #variance.

0 Likes
Reply
DaVitsche Rank 14
Rank 14

@ArtyMcFly wrote:

Nice work on that 4NL winrate. I'm kind of surprised at how much your bankroll apparently fluctuated at 10NL given you're a crusher. This game has so much crazy #variance.


People don't fully understand variance, they think back at those 2 graphs they've seen from Full Ring nits where it's a nice and steady line going up and they expect every winning pokerplayer to have a graph like that.

That being said, streaming forces me to play much longer sessions, so a lot more sessions where I'm playing below sub-par and that obviously has a huge impact as well. But if it wouldn't be fun, I wouldn't do it Smile

0 Likes
Reply
MicroGrinder Rank 10
Rank 10

@ArtyMcFly wrote:

Nice work on that 4NL winrate. I'm kind of surprised at how much your bankroll apparently fluctuated at 10NL given you're a crusher. This game has so much crazy #variance.


Streaming is a also a factor to consider. It's a huge disadvantage. You're giving away your playstyle for free. And you cannot play anonymous.

Reply
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

@MicroGrinder wrote:

Streaming is a also a factor to consider. It's a huge disadvantage. You're giving away your playstyle for free. And you cannot play anonymous.


Yes, but if you are a sponsored player your worse BB/100 rate pays off in other ways.

0 Likes
Reply
ArtyMcFly Rank 15
Rank 15

@MicroGrinder wrote:

Streaming is a also a factor to consider. It's a huge disadvantage. You're giving away your playstyle for free. And you cannot play anonymous.


Maybe, but some streamers say they play much better on stream, because they are more focused as they don't want to make mistakes 'in public'. In addition, I think sponsored players/ambassadors sometimes benefit from other players spewing against them. On Stars, for instance, several team pros (at least those that play micros) seem to benefit from what they call 'red spade equity' as people make nonsensical bluffs against them. FWIW, when Sam Squid was streaming for Unibet, I made a spewy bluff of my own against him, just so I could tick off "bluff a pro" on my bucket list. He snapped me off with a really bad hand and I lost 25 quid. Sad

0 Likes
Reply
MicroGrinder Rank 10
Rank 10

@ArtyMcFly wrote:

@MicroGrinder wrote:

Streaming is a also a factor to consider. It's a huge disadvantage. You're giving away your playstyle for free. And you cannot play anonymous.


Maybe, but some streamers say they play much better on stream, because they are more focused as they don't want to make mistakes 'in public'. In addition, I think sponsored players/ambassadors sometimes benefit from other players spewing against them. On Stars, for instance, several team pros (at least those that play micros) seem to benefit from what they call 'red spade equity' as people make nonsensical bluffs against them. FWIW, when Sam Squid was streaming for Unibet, I made a spewy bluff of my own against him, just so I could tick off "bluff a pro" on my bucket list. He snapped me off with a really bad hand and I lost 25 quid. Sad


For sure people are out to 'get them' for the fun. But everyone encounters the randow spews and yolo's. But let's say you stream 200NL and 3 regs on your table know how you play and know your thought process in pretty much every spot. That's  pretty - EV.

0 Likes
Reply
ArtyMcFly Rank 15
Rank 15

@MicroGrinder wrote:

For sure people are out to 'get them' for the fun. But everyone encounters the randow spews and yolo's. But let's say you stream 200NL and 3 regs on your table know how you play and know your thought process in pretty much every spot. That's  pretty - EV.


Just play GTO. Problem solved. Smile

Reply
DaVitsche Rank 14
Rank 14

Yeah, I'm putting in a lot of work off the tables to get ready for that part of the challenge. At this rate however, it's unlikely I'll ever need it Smile

But there is a solid point being made as a streamer that you lose equity. It's true I'm focussing better on my decisions, but the same is true for my opponents, noone want to make a huge mistake if they're a known viewer. Heck, I even had some 400NL players hunting me down for fun on 4NL so they could watch me react to the change in agression.

Reply
DreamFyre Rank 10
Rank 10

@DaVitsche wrote:

But there is a solid point being made as a streamer that you lose equity. It's true I'm focussing better on my decisions, but the same is true for my opponents, noone want to make a huge mistake if they're a known viewer. Heck, I even had some 400NL players hunting me down for fun on 4NL so they could watch me react to the change in agression.


Biggest downside to streaming has to be people knowing your ranges. It's extremely valuable information to know stuff like your 3bet ranges, especially at micro stakes.

Reply
GamesDean Rank 13
Rank 13

@DreamFyre wrote:

@DaVitsche wrote:

But there is a solid point being made as a streamer that you lose equity. It's true I'm focussing better on my decisions, but the same is true for my opponents, noone want to make a huge mistake if they're a known viewer. Heck, I even had some 400NL players hunting me down for fun on 4NL so they could watch me react to the change in agression.


Biggest downside to streaming has to be people knowing your ranges. It's extremely valuable information to know stuff like your 3bet ranges, especially at micro stakes.


Well – at micro stakes most 3bet ranges are either hardly anything but value hands or standard like value + 54s/A2s. If DaVitsche thinks that people use this information against him, he should try playing a flexible range where he sometimes 3-bets 54s/A2s as a bluff, and other times he uses JTs/A5s as bluffs. That’s a good advice for all players, the only downside is that you can easily start overbluffing at this point because you forget to call/fold some of these hands some amount of the time.

Reply