Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 10
Rank 10

Well, it's honor to be the noob nl4 player who asking stupid questions for free coaching!!!

Thanks for your patience @DaVitsche ! I am ready to learn more.

If anybody is annoyed, i am sorry in advanceSmile

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15

Do me a favour and never apologize for asking me a question! Thanks for asking questions, much appreciated.

Highlighted
Rank 12
Rank 12

Nice hand analysis and thread idea! I think I played against close2broke, warhammewrrr (whatever the spelling is) and partychan on some table last weekend when playing NL 10 cash

These hands so far are hands that you played?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 10
Rank 10

Great initiative to create a hand analyze thread. 

The hand with A2s:

I would open 3x from UTG, bcz overall I have a strong range and want to get as much value out of them as possible. That half bb doesn't look like much, but when you bet postflop, it creates a bigger pot quiclky (it's compounding).

ORF, I really like to check raise, and I do that with 55 and 44 too, to balance out my range. I know that he can check behind, but he will also bluff a lot of air type hands on this kind of board, that we will just take down with our X/R. If he checks behind, we just bet pot OTT, and Overbet OTR, to make it almost impossible for him to call with his capped range. 

PIO is the best program to learn poker now. You need to be carefull bcz he is bluffing and calling a lot with bluff catchers but given the fact that the population at NL10 doesn't bluff that much as PIO does, that means that we need to call less with bluff catchers. I think at smaller stakes, it's much more profitable to just be carefull and exploit the players at your table, than trying to play GTO.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15

@RaulonY wrote:

Great initiative to create a hand analyze thread. 

The hand with A2s:

I would open 3x from UTG, bcz overall I have a strong range and want to get as much value out of them as possible. That half bb doesn't look like much, but when you bet postflop, it creates a bigger pot quiclky (it's compounding).

Yeah, I think both are viable options on 10NL, opening 3x with a strong/tight range or lowering to 2.5bb with a somewhat wider range. As long as you don't open 3x too wide, or 2.5x too tight, you'll be fine.

ORF, I really like to check raise, and I do that with 55 and 44 too, to balance out my range. I know that he can check behind, but he will also bluff a lot of air type hands on this kind of board, that we will just take down with our X/R. If he checks behind, we just bet pot OTT, and Overbet OTR, to make it almost impossible for him to call with his capped range. 

Yeah, one of the initial conclusions was that Cbetting was "the mistake". Our hand does indeed qualify to check raise the flop, and even if he checks back, that's not an issue since we have A high and a combo draw.  I think I would rather go for a smaller size on the turn in case I CR this, but that's probably linked to other options I have in my game strategy.

0 Likes