Cashgame Hand Review Thread

DaVitsche

Hi Cashgame grinders!

Let's do some hand reviews. In order to keep the thread organized, I would love to do it in a similar way for every hand. So to post a hand, get gyazo, or a similar screen snippet tool, and record the replay in a gif! Then give it a small summary so it's easy to keep track of what hand we're talking about.

[100NL] BTN vs MP 3BPot, turning 77 into a bluff on Qhigh board.

https://gyazo.com/3c05f58de6e87e77d3a4e9485cdaf601

Because everything matters, positions, sizes prior to the spot, how many players originally were involved etc.

If you have ideas on how to do it more efficiently, feel free to reply!

RULES:

1) Please keep it respectfull
2) Always refer to the hand you're talking about
3) Extra points for those that explain "Why" (*points hold no value, but I heard big pp = many point UwU) 

For those that are into cashgame strategy, do know that I occasionally do breakfast & study streams on twitch.tv/davitsche where we go in depth on spots.

• Like 7

Got my original profile linked, so I can now claim that I had nothing to do with that pair of sevens!

Preflop 3betting 77 in BTN vs MP is ok.

On the flop this performs very well as a Cbet, but we need a very low frequency of checkback vs strong opponents. As played let's assume we rolled low.

On the turn Ts we have a clear nut advantage since we have all the AK, which made me decide to turn my hand into a bluff as it's one of the lower equity hands that I have at this point. However, Pio doesn't like this exact combo very much, but EV of checking & betting 80% pot are the same, so as long as you don't mess up your overall frequencies you'll be ok.
Our opponent calls. MP leads some strong hands on the turn, but should still have a decent chunk of 2P, TP, 2ndP etc. So if you're unwilling to pull the trigger on the river, then don't overdo your delayed turnbets.

River 6s: As brick as they come, so we overbetjam (my only betsize in this spot btw). Again Pio doesn't really like the combo, it actually dislikes it a lot. Any combo that blocks the straight is much prefered over this, hands like KJs, T9s & the occasional K8s that we have in our range. We are jamming with around half of all combo's we end up with in this spot, due to our nut advantage (we have all the AK, plenty of K9s), while our opponent only has a fraction of AK and K9/89. So blocking the 9 seems like the most important factor to bluff.

18998db2e6dee476e5099559b62f85a0.thumb.png.39df84608176321699e1b423d66a7296.png

vs weak opponents you can probably bet your entire range on the flop, as they tend to have too narrow of a calling range OOP (AQs-ATs, KQs, TT-66), and despite doing fairly well on this texture, the pressure you can put on that range by polarizing on further streets is a big moneymaker. As soon as you have a read on your opponent not 4betting JJ in MP vs BTN, you should slow down a little.

• Like 2

@DaVitsche wrote:

Got my original profile linked, so I can now claim that I had nothing to do with that pair of sevens!

Preflop 3betting 77 in BTN vs MP is ok.

On the flop this performs very well as a Cbet, but we need a very low frequency of checkback vs strong opponents. As played let's assume we rolled low.

On the turn Ts we have a clear nut advantage since we have all the AK, which made me decide to turn my hand into a bluff as it's one of the lower equity hands that I have at this point. However, Pio doesn't like this exact combo very much, but EV of checking & betting 80% pot are the same, so as long as you don't mess up your overall frequencies you'll be ok.

Our opponent calls. MP leads some strong hands on the turn, but should still have a decent chunk of 2P, TP, 2ndP etc. So if you're unwilling to pull the trigger on the river, then don't overdo your delayed turnbets.

River 6s: As brick as they come, so we overbetjam (my only betsize in this spot btw). Again Pio doesn't really like the combo, it actually dislikes it a lot. Any combo that blocks the straight is much prefered over this, hands like KJs, T9s & the occasional K8s that we have in our range. We are jamming with around half of all combo's we end up with in this spot, due to our nut advantage (we have all the AK, plenty of K9s), while our opponent only has a fraction of AK and K9/89. So blocking the 9 seems like the most important factor to bluff.

18998db2e6dee476e5099559b62f85a0.thumb.png.59fced71fe41c2a4e8cea45e8c6b9fc1.png

vs weak opponents you can probably bet your entire range on the flop, as they tend to have too narrow of a calling range OOP (AQs-ATs, KQs, TT-66), and despite doing fairly well on this texture, the pressure you can put on that range by polarizing on further streets is a big moneymaker. As soon as you have a read on your opponent not 4betting JJ in MP vs BTN, you should slow down a little.

@DaVitsche  Good job! But the wrong forum...

@Stubbe-Unibet  Ignoring questions (you know what i mean) and deleting messages is a new community trend?:Rofl:

@Argevolen you didn't ask a question, the HH aspect has been covered many times on here, and it was completely off topic :)
It's really not that difficult. In this thread you post hands for review, and we've got other sections where we can discuss the technical side of the client. Because of your initial post we ended up with 3 off-topic posts in the thread.

Now the thread is off-topic again. Hopefully you can see what I mean :) 

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@Argevolenyou didn't ask a question, the HH aspect has been covered many times on here, and it was completely off topic :)

It's really not that difficult. In this thread you post hands for review, and we've got other sections where we can discuss the technical side of the client. Because of your initial post we ended up with 3 off-topic posts in the thread.

Now the thread is off-topic again. Hopefully you can see what I mean :) 

I just answered @DaVitsche  ok! sorry! Im not so good in forum sections:scared:

@Stubbe-Unibet  I asked a question! And not only to you! (droptheme)....

Tough crowd. Let me point out noone has to be afraid to comment. The best way to get better at the game is to talk & think about the game.

So whether you play 4NL or 400NL, your input is greatly appreciated. We might discover flaws in the post, or you might uncover a flaw in your own thinking. Either way, everyone comes out a better player. So let's keep the next hand cheap

[10NL] UTG vs CO SRP, CRAI on river.

https://gyazo.com/6c16802195f8e9b50da3423f22aa5a13

Opening A2s UTG seems ok, but it's for sure one of the hands that's ok not to open if you want to open tighter.
We open UTG and get a flat from CO, I consider flatting here a leak in general (unless you have a reason not to, like a very weak player in the BB or someone tilting that still has to act (BTN to BB). SO because of that, I assume villain probably doesn't 3bet enoug.
Let's assume a range like this: TT-22,AJs-ATs,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,65s,54s,AQo-AJo,KQo

We flop really well with a nutFD & a gutshot. On this board, I think using a bigger sizing is better with this part of our range, especially OOP vs someone with too wide a flatting range. CR is another path we can choose to take, but we risk our opponent checking back a lot of hands we want him to fold.

Interesting to note is that Piosolver would check 100% as UTG opener vs the range we gave our opponent, while Pokersnowie would bet around 1/5 of its opening range for this size, including our hand. Aditionally, the EV difference for betting or checking in Pio is relatively small.

The Kd is so good for my range, that when Cbet the flop, I want to continue. Since it's likely that making our opponent fold 66-TT isn't a 1 street plan, we size bigger again to force him to fold those. We still get called. At this point we give our opponent a range consisting of 44,55,AQo,KQ,QJs,67s & FD's (TcJc-67s), and a pinch of PP's that are stubborn.

The river Kh is again better for my range than his, so I wanted to check here vs our opponent to give him the opportunity to bluff missed draws, and valuebet worse hands vs our nutted range. Keep in mind that we are very capable of having all Full houses, a lot of trips, and even AA would be very strong here.

When he bets this small, it screams Qx to me, so we're sticking to the plan to bluff with my hand, if he would have bet bigger, I probably just fold this. He timebanked and called.
Try not to be too result oriented and place yourselves in both player's position. Would you have done anything different? Would you just have bet the river instead of going for the CRAI? What do you think our best bluffs are on the river?

• Like 3

@Sparrow473 wrote:

I don't know, @DaVitsche, i'm not a pro, but a half pot bet on the river would have convinced him of "your king"....

Anyway, the call was a quite brave move from him...

Interesting. When facing a halfpot bet from UTG, I would advice against folding AQ in that spot though, your AQ will still be a very profitable call.

This is the river situation facing a bet from UTG bet of 80% pot, the sizing I would pick if I bet the river here. As you can see, even vs a bigger bet, AQo can still call a decent amount of times. It is relatively close though, so the more likely you think your opponent is betting flushdraws on the flop, the more you should just click the call button on this river (since he'll have more bluffs).

You can also see some Qx raise here, this isn't for value, this is as a bluff. Because CO still has KQ&55 when raising here, UTG can't call with 44 & 55 and should even fold some Kx that he has here. (Kx is only trips compared to 44&55, but because we block KQ, it becomes a better bluffcatcher than 44&55)

421b3cca5d4c09894d23a3294dd71a65.thumb.png.a1ed76abed300a9afab87699ccfb942f.png

As played you're right that the AQo call is probably a little brave, but not too bad though. However, as mentioned Pio doesn't pick Ac2c as a bluff, but would pick some A5,45,65 because they block 55.

• Like 1

Great initiative to create a hand analyze thread. 

The hand with A2s:

I would open 3x from UTG, bcz overall I have a strong range and want to get as much value out of them as possible. That half bb doesn't look like much, but when you bet postflop, it creates a bigger pot quiclky (it's compounding).

ORF, I really like to check raise, and I do that with 55 and 44 too, to balance out my range. I know that he can check behind, but he will also bluff a lot of air type hands on this kind of board, that we will just take down with our X/R. If he checks behind, we just bet pot OTT, and Overbet OTR, to make it almost impossible for him to call with his capped range. 

PIO is the best program to learn poker now. You need to be carefull bcz he is bluffing and calling a lot with bluff catchers but given the fact that the population at NL10 doesn't bluff that much as PIO does, that means that we need to call less with bluff catchers. I think at smaller stakes, it's much more profitable to just be carefull and exploit the players at your table, than trying to play GTO.

@RaulonY wrote:

Great initiative to create a hand analyze thread. 

The hand with A2s:

I would open 3x from UTG, bcz overall I have a strong range and want to get as much value out of them as possible. That half bb doesn't look like much, but when you bet postflop, it creates a bigger pot quiclky (it's compounding).

Yeah, I think both are viable options on 10NL, opening 3x with a strong/tight range or lowering to 2.5bb with a somewhat wider range. As long as you don't open 3x too wide, or 2.5x too tight, you'll be fine.

ORF, I really like to check raise, and I do that with 55 and 44 too, to balance out my range. I know that he can check behind, but he will also bluff a lot of air type hands on this kind of board, that we will just take down with our X/R. If he checks behind, we just bet pot OTT, and Overbet OTR, to make it almost impossible for him to call with his capped range. 

Yeah, one of the initial conclusions was that Cbetting was "the mistake". Our hand does indeed qualify to check raise the flop, and even if he checks back, that's not an issue since we have A high and a combo draw.  I think I would rather go for a smaller size on the turn in case I CR this, but that's probably linked to other options I have in my game strategy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

piosolver on 10 nl what a joke lot of my friends plays 200 nl i never used them....
but unibet is the not a site to play poker............ you can not see your hands after
but in general on the bottum you can call 3 bets very wide all Axs, all Suited broadways all pairs 77+

NL100 Hand:

Really well played on all streets. I think flop check is fine but certainly can be a flop to cbet as well. Once the T comes and the river bricks I think its a nice spot to go for it if ur oppenent is capable of folding 2 pair combos which he should.

NL10 Hand:

On this one I dont think the Riverbluff is that great. We block a couple of the FD Combos ourself w the Ac and he has ofc lots of Qx not all of them call river jam but some do depends on the opponent but he also has some Kx certainly KQ and all Kc hands as well that call turn and ofc call off on that river. Even though utg range has more stronger Kx and he shouldnt have AK I still think bluffing vs mostly Qx or better is not the best idea. Obv this got nothing to do w losing the hand. I just think not blocking all the Ax flushdraws would make this river bluff a lot better.