cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert

Many of you have urged us to look at the rake on NL25, complaints going back as far as 5 years, and I'm pleased to say that effective from the 1st of April we'll reduce the rake at this level significantly. Before we look at the numbers, here's a quick summary of the changes to come

• Significantly lower rake on NL25
  • Significantly lower rake on NL50
  • Slightly lower rake on PL10 and PL25 (small change)
  • Higher rake on NL10, NL4 and PL4
  • The table cap is reduced from 8 to 6 tables on NL4

Why do you increase the rake at NL4, PL4 and NL10? First of all I want to make it clear that despite the increase, the rake on these stakes is still really good, and NL4 remains the industry best.. We believe that the rake at NL4 is almost too good today, in the sense that it gives little incentive to move up in stakes, and the stake becomes much tougher and not as great a place for new players to start out, as we want. This is also why we've reduced the table cap on NL4 from 8 to 6 tables. We'll monitor the impact of the table cap, and if it has the desired effect, we might lower it further to 4 tables. 

Increasing the rake at the lowest stakes will also give us more possibilities with promotions, in terms of including these stakes..

We believe that with the changes, the transition between stakes becomes a much smoother journey and it ultimately improves the ecology and benefits everyone (apart from those  8-tabling NL4 and having no interest in moving up in stakes). 

New_Rake.png

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

Do you plan to change rake at nl100+? Now it looks too high Sad

Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15
Highlighted
Rank 23
Rank 23

I like the changes, my opinion on table cap is that 6 tables is the sweet spot at all stakes, everything over that it just slows down the game significantly especially if you have 2-3 people at your table that play over 6 tables, it becomes annoying, under 6 tables, personally feel like goes against what Online Poker it supposed to be at least in my mind, not opposed to it if the data dictates that is a good move. So far i feel like Unibet is doing a great job making the game more enjoyable and reduces the edge between rec and reg. Also, are there any plans to putting a table cap in the SNGs/MTTs? Much Hearts Keep Up the Good Work. Thumbs Up

“The unfed mind devours itself.” – Gore Vidal
Highlighted
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert

@Sweeedeeen wrote:

@Sweeedeeen, no, we don't have any plans to change NL100 at this stage, as we believe it's already at a good level Smile

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15

@Sweeedeeen wrote:

as a reg 100NL+ you will probably get some of the highest RB's in the current industry (50%+) + the rake is not even that bad from an industry pov

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

Great changes @Stubbe-Unibet 

Many thanks to you and the poker team behind for keeping the dream alive and ecouraging the players (myself included) to climb the cash games ladder.

As Freedom said, the 6 minimum cap table is the sweet spot so please don't reduce it below as others have done it, mostly not to improve the ecosistem but to push players towards other game formats.

Keep it up and I'm looking forward to changes coming in the future.

Better to be lucky than good.
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

Thankyou! These changes are great!

"We believe that the rake at NL4 is almost too good today, in the sense that it gives little incentive to move up in stakes, and the stake becomes much tougher and not as great a place for new players to start out, as we want."

This is a weird explenation if I understood it correctly. Sound like the classic "more rake is better". I don't think the NL 4 games are at all tough. But anyway I think it is fine to increase the rake there because it used to be so low. 

What is the table cap on other stakes than NL 4?

Highlighted
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert
@CuteRaven, part of the sentence taken out of context can sound a bit like it, but if you read the full thing, I strongly disagree Smile
Again, we've still got the lowest NL4 rake in the industry, the difference was just extreme before. Great that you don't think NL4 is tough, but we do currently have too many players at this stake playing 8 tables and having done so for a long time with a good bb/100 rate. It's too predatory and slow an environment for new players - relatively speaking, not saying it's super tough games of course, it's just not as soft as I'd like - and we don't want to attract good players only playing this stake and never considering moving up, as the conditions are just so extremely good at NL4.
We believe that with the changes we'll speed up the games at NL4 and make them softer; overall just much more enjoyable to the recreational, while still having an extremely good rake level.
The increase on 4 and 10 are very far from making up for the decrease on 25 and 50, so if anything it's "less rake is better" Smile
Highlighted
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert

@Esir wrote:

Great changes @Stubbe-Unibet 

Many thanks to you and the poker team behind for keeping the dream alive and ecouraging the players (myself included) to climb the cash games ladder.

As Freedom said, the 6 minimum cap table is the sweet spot so please don't reduce it below as others have done it, mostly not to improve the ecosistem but to push players towards other game formats.

Keep it up and I'm looking forward to changes coming in the future.

For now we'll stick with the 6 tables on NL4, I just wanted to mention the possibility of it becoming 4 in the future, so it'd be less of a shock, if it does happen. Again, this if for NL4 only, and I think there's a good chance it'll stay at 6 Smile