Bring back the 25 rebuy (and more mid stake games)

iraiseu

Hi All,

I just rejoined Unibet after a long time away because of the 25 rebuy but now this has been taken away which is very strange as the guarantee could just have been reduced if it were struggling to make the guarantee. I am a member of a community which if I were to recommend the game to, would get at least 20+ new players into this game than were playing previously so I would suggest giving this game another go.

In addition to this, having designed schedules for other networks in the past, I would suggest the unibet schedule is crying out for a number of new 2 rebuys, 5 rebuys, 10 rebuys, 15 rebuys and 20rebuys so that small-mid stakes players have a number of games available as there's a big disparity currently between the 50r/100r and any sort of games in the main mid-level range. These could be €500, €1.5k, €2k GTD, €3k GTD, and €5k GTD respectively if risk averse with guarantees and then raise the guarantees as the games beat the guarantees.

IMO Unibet could see a real boom IF you provide the games that will get players exited and allow them to move more of their poker from elsewhere to Unibet - but that won't happen without more of these low-mid games in the schedule.

• Like 5

I very much agree on everything you said, we need more tournaments in the 5-50 zone and all these r/a are not doing it for me at least . I absolutely hate this "5 euro r/a are like 15 euro buy ins". This doesn t work. I am not regging that from the start unless its a freezout or the structure is decent like the 25 r/a( which I always registed from the start). There has to be less steep buy in jumps, rebuy add ons are NOT filling the gap, you re encouraging people to max latereg that way. There has to be something between 5-10, 10-25, 25-50, 50-100, Not rebuy add on, freezout or re entry that is. All this " we target recreationals, they don't care about those buy in gaps" is bs , every site is targeting recs, yet they add those kind of buy ins. Just because recs don't care doesn t mean it shouldn t exist, they would play it anyway, and you atract more people to your site by improving the schedule.

This is the time to show that Unibet has a huge potential, and instead of taking action and improving the scheduled drastically , tournaments are getting removed. Not sure what kind of strategy is that, but I dont think its a good one.

Yes, I understand it can be a lot of work, but this forum exists for a reason. Reasonable suggestions can be made by the community members , but no one will waste their time if they know it gets ignored.

Its time to take action.

rant over/

• Like 4

@Stubbe-Unibet 

I agree with the guys, I don't understand the removing of Neptune25€ neighter, seems like a huge inconsequence. It was apparently one of the few that could bring more new players to the site, and lowering its GTD if needed would be more than acceptable/natural. Also most of the Sirius Bounties were doing a similar job during the series and would be a natural consequence to leave some in the schedule for good, again with lower GTDs if needed. Introducing all of these at one time was undoubtedly the big step, but taking it off was just another blast, repelling all the players just came/discovered Unibet. Another thing is still crippling satellite system, that should help reaching all the biggest GTDs but not working instead. Feeling a bit salty with @Hotzonicu, cause together with many players we simply care for this site, and give a lot of energy to help it grow, but still getting ingored most of the time. :peace::peace::peace:

• Like 2

@Psycho79, I'll let Leo comment on all this, as he's the one owning the schedule.

I just want to say that I don't think the "getting ignored most of the time" comment is fair, considering all the changes in the last few weeks. The tournaments added have partly been done so based on the feedback from you guys :)

I'd love to see more tournaments, make Banzai ones permanent, add the Sirius Big Bounty ones to regular offering, continue with the €25 Neptune, do more €10, €25 and €50 freezeouts/re-entry etc. etc., but I'm also not being measured on overlay or general tournament performance ;) :D

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Have to say it's great that there's the forum/community here. I hadn't realised there was this forum until today so to post and get so many responses so quickly including from those repping the site is a real asset to have.

> Fair point that not everyone loves rebuys as much as me. In my experience they tend to be the games that perform best when trying to bring new players to the sites because it's so much easier to get bigger guarantees but if freezeouts/bounties can be added instead then great..

I  understand why poker rooms want to appeal to recreational players rather than regs but the truth is without bigger guarantees and multiple appealing games that you're not going to appeal to anyone. Recreational players want to see the roadmap to be able to climb the ladder, start off at their smaller games, get a result, and afford themselves a shot at the big time etc. There games should be ratio'd so for example you might have 2-3 decent guaranteed games per day at the higher levels, 5-10 games per day at the mid level, then 20-30 games at the lower levels. This way recreational players have enough games to play without needing to move up and play stronger players, while stronger players have enough games to play to not have to drop down and play the lower end games where they have a massive edge. 

You can try to build that from the bottom up as unibet have probably tried in the past, building the bottom layers first then gradually extending upwards, but it's far easier and far quicker to do it from the top down given it's the regs that then tell their friends about the value to play a site and you get exponential growth from there imo

• Like 2

Sidenote: With another popular network due to close it's doors for good in 5 weeks time, now would be a very good time to build schedules for that period to compete for that traffic. You could do far worse than replicating some of their lower buy in schedules albeit with lower guarantees until you gain traction to increase these.

@Stubbe-Unibet I'm only a wacko at tables :wonder: certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, the more I appreciate your job done last weeks and you staying open minded for the ideas, I'm sure @Leo-Unibet also knows all of that 🆗 It's was just exiting to see my favourite site moving 3 steps ahead, and a bit frustrating to turn 2 steps behind rightaway...

I completely agree, I just joint back to play as was told of the good schedule in place with the rebuy formats, which have a great structure and then the best one just goes that being the 25re. Lowering the guarantee seems like the best option if missing it and picking it back up as it meets it.

@ImNOTyourTOY @Psycho79 @Psycho79 @FreedoM @Hotzonicu 

Hello all,
I'm happy that I can see this large engagment in the tournament scheduling. We had to do some changes to the offering (Neptune) for a few days ago.
Basiclly there was two options, removing one of the four tournaments between €25-€100 that we had running between 18:00 and 20:00 cet
Or lowering the guarantee on all 4.
We had two €25 one €50 and one €100 buyin, to be able to keep the guarantees we're decided to remover one €25 buyin and keep
18:00 cet €25   
19:10 cet €50
20:10 cet €100

With 3 tournaments within 2 hour time farme we're more likely to meet the number of players we have, to make sure we can keep an good guarantee on all of them.

Thanks for your inputs

• Like 2

Really liked the 25 rebuy, bring it back please :)

I'd play more on Unibet if there was more 10-50e games available...as I prefer it to overall to pokerstars, but there is not enough games ! My friends say the same.

Would also suggest a 10e rebuy would also around the same time, and a later 6 max turbo rebuy for 10e or 20e at 9pm. 

Thanks and great work

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the response. Understandable you made the decision given the constraints that you were under. I would suggest if all 4 were downgraded to €7.5k GTD that that might be a better solution and also be better for ecology as the prizepools are split between more players. I understand however that 5-figure prizepool as a headline is good for marketing. The Odyssey and Titan games are great today so WP for these.

If Guarantees are proving problematic then instead market TARGET games
6pm 10 rebuy 5k TGT
6:30pm 30f 5k TGT
7pm 25 rebuys 10k TGT
7pm 11 rebuy 5k TGT
7:30pm 50f Bounty 7.5k TGT
7:30 20r TGT
etc.

These are not guarantees but instead target prizepools. If any of these games don't hit the target amount, there's no overlay to pay, you just refund the rake to every player, so maximum exposure for you is vastly reduced.