Bountyhunters

smulkku123

I like the idea of bounty tournaments, since it's relatively easy to get your buy-in back even if you don't manage to get to the prizes but... I usually play €5-25 bounty tournaments and it feels like every tournament has so many preflop all in madmans that you are lucky if you get to see poker where people actually care whether they win or lose. Like today.. This one dude on €10 bounty hunter just kept going all in whenever he got at least one high card and he kept going rollercoaster between 1000 - 12000 chips. After you've seen all ins with K4, A2 os and multiple all ins while others fold, then he hit AA,KK,AA,AJ,fold,AQ in a row and dropped many players. One of those hands he lost though and got back to smaller stack but then again climbed back to over 10k. And I wasn't even able to see flops, blinds were about 100/200 at that point. This was like one of the filthiest scenarios i've ran for a while but same pattern seems to be way too common for me to enjoy bounty tournaments anymore :/ I mean you would think that happens more on like micro stakes but i've seen it way too much even on €25 tournaments. Luckily this dude didn't drop me but after long streak of folds I managed to get AK suited and this AQ os puts all in and the flop smiles with 2xQ :D But don't remember the last time I felt so frustrated while playing poker... Managed to drop one player so I got like a little less than 4€ from my 10€ buy in. Have you guys given up the bounty tournaments or what's your experience from those? 

• Like 1

Bounty tourneys are good if you are able to catch some of the bounties. If not it's really annoying finishing around ITM and having less back than your buyin. Btw playing them once a month or less frequently is enough for me.

• Like 1

Bounty tourneys are good if you have MTT tickets or bonus points and haven't money, you can earn money with these tourneys. And bounty tourneys are good to missions, where you can back some money. And finally, you don't lose money if you go to the final table.

• Like 2

There is plenty of money to be made in PKO's. Edges are much bigger than in regular freezeouts because people don't know how to play them and make more mistakes in their regular game as well, average stacks become larger due to the faster KO's and more aggressive play in general, ITM is reached faster so you can gain ICM-related edges faster, ... That said, the 90% bounty prizepools are a bit too much of the good stuff I think, you would need a lot of information on your opponents to keep your edges here (which is harder on Unibet). I mostly like the 70/30 and 50/50 regular/bounty prizepool with progressive bounties. 

For me bounty MTTs are too damn long. You can easily find yourself with 9 people with all of them having 30 or more BBs and play FT for 2h or more. Its fine for bigger buyins but for 0.50-2e its not for me. Would rather have nano tournaments faster, maybe not hyper but normal/turbo at least.

And i still miss 1e Omaha shooting star. One of the few torunaments that always broke the guarantees {even after they made it little worse by adding chips to starting stack] and they inexplicably shut it down. :waterfall:

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist