Bots to play poker??

WWhite

Hello, one quetão I think some of you may have thought. Did you Bots playing poker at Unibet ?? I have no "culture" to be able to do it, create a robot to play for me, but I believe and I know that many fail to do so, will that Unibet can conrolar such things ?? !! I put this question out of curiosity and wonder how can detect that. I remembered now by this question because I was reading a poker articles, and I saw you a few days a player bragged of having used bots in poker rooms ... and I was curious. Please note I am not saying that was at Unibet. And I think very bad use Bots, when we're playing a game that would be to have a good time playing and of course get them to me the best money, but without Bots !!! all on an equal footing. I tried to write the best possible for me, even with google translator that gives some errors, like to see your comments ... GL guys without Bots :)

I read that article too. A guy-themadbotter- won 30K at ACR/WPN network's tables. I personally think that there were many attemps to run bots at Unibet too (because only money matters) but I think Unibet is one of the less bot infected rooms. I'm pretty sure that I was playing against bot in the HU of a tournament a years ago at Ipoker.

I don't think any poker site will -guarantee- there are not bots playing on their site as it's a constant battle (similar to anti-virus vs virus makers) but I've personally never been concerned that there are bots on Unibet. Even if there was some sort of automated player at your table it can't dodge bad beats and variance. 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

yeah..no problem with your English, you could understand ..but also who create them (Bots) will know that software to combat them ... As already said it's a constant battle (similar to anti-virus vs virus makers)

@WWhite wrote:

yeah..no problem with your English, you could understand ..but also who create them (Bots) will know that software to combat them ... As already said it's a constant battle (similar to anti-virus vs virus makers)

i dont think the bot is the problem . also is all about how you program him to do the work in your place .is also a titanic work and is not such an easy way to have a very good bot.

on Unibet i dont think is the case about them , i am more concerned on colluders than bot.They are the biggest problem on Unibet and if people dont make sesization about weird game play nothing will happen.

Colluders are people that team up and play together. Mostly friends that talk on Phone/Skype and tell each other what hand they have, etc.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Yes I know, to create a Bot should not be easy task ... and then take profits with the same Bot..mas increasingly nowadays Kids "blackcat" what for them should be easy ... I curious to see what you speak of colluders than bot

I've posted in the 2 + 2 thread that was the origin of that story (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/confessions-botter-acr-wpn-1619689) and I talk about it quite a lot near the end of this post:  http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=48104599&postcount=7876

Bots exist, and I think most poker sites don't do anything to try to catch them.  In our case, one weakness of allowing alias changes and disallowing hand histories is that players can't find bots as they can on other sites.  But if a player spends an hour looking for bots and a site does the same, the site will have much better results.  That's because we can see all of the holecards (after the hand of course), we can see account information, we can see some technical details, etc.  So what matters is that a) we spend effort searching for bots, and in these situations, b) that players believe we do.

Our developers (Relax) have a department that works full time on catching colluders and bots, and we've built the client with this search in mind.  We'll be adding improvements with 2.0 too.   

We probably benefit from being quite small here.  If someone has a winning bot, it's more economical for them to spend time getting it to work on PS et al because there're more tables there.  So if we make it harder to operate a bot than any other site does, there isn't much incentive for a botter to spend the time getting it to work on Unibet.  

Former head of poker @ Unibet

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:
That's because we can see all of the holecards (after the hand of course), we can see account information, we can see some technical details, etc. 

Thats great but I hope we won't read an article about potripper2 in the future.

Btw Andrew if you are here what is your opinion about veeea's,  hello_totti's, and Biack's first hand allin in the Super High Roller at Party? I think it was a great tell from the players and Party will ruin their reputation if he refuses to pay them out.

Bots is a common problem on other sites but I think Unibet has avoided them so far. Other rooms like Partypoker and 888 are full of them .  And I think they make a profit being able to play long sessions without a break against fish .

But they will never beat the best human players , thats for sure.

Archived