Blog 2017: 0 balance to more.

jonny2192

Well thats the turkey finished so lets go :)

Starting this blog as a challenge to see how far I can get from a 0 balance.

You may wonder how I will get anywhere from 0, well its Unibet and there is always free something or over available in one place or another.

I have already completed my first step on getting some free tickets, after a run bad period at the raffles I had 2 days of run good.

39euros in MTT tickets thanks to revlobot(Hes my hero nothing like them other nasty raffle bots :) )

The tickets came as a 4,10 and 25 MTT tickets but to give me a chance I will exchange all these to 39x1Euro SNG tickets.

So thats step 1 of the challenge complete. 0 to 39Euros.

Next step turn the tickets into cash.

Will update again when I am up and running with some games and more detailed strategy on building that BR.

Onward and upwards for 2017 :)

Wish me good luck with building a roll and good luck to anyone else trying to build theres, all the best to all for 2017. :)

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@AndreiBN wrote:

Good luck to you @jonny2192.For sure you'll have a good run and make a nice BR.

BTW,don't you think it's easier to try with 2Euro SNG, or 4 Euro SNG, maybe even 10 Euro SNG?Instead of 1 Euro SNG?

Just lower variance playing lower stakes, I can play 6 tables at once comfortably, can manage 12 but just miss too much information this way and have to rely more on good cards as just dont get to see peoples playing styles.

Wont take me long to play 39 games. :)

Well yeah,you're right.In the last month,after being able to only play on web browser,i kinda forgot how it is to play more then 4 tables at once.Even if you can do it now on web broswer as well..still it's to much trouble for me.

So,i started playing a lot of 10 Euro SNG and they work fine for me,but still not very comfortable moving up,so i guess i'll stick a bit with this buy-in.

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

@AndreiBN wrote:

Well yeah,you're right.In the last month,after being able to only play on web browser,i kinda forgot how it is to play more then 4 tables at once.Even if you can do it now on web broswer as well..still it's to much trouble for me.

So,i started playing a lot of 10 Euro SNG and they work fine for me,but still not very comfortable moving up,so i guess i'll stick a bit with this buy-in.

No matter the stake you can just have stages where what ever you do is wrong and ca asnt if your life depended on it. :(

So will stick low as its not that many buy ins I have, would like my challenge to at least get to the end of January. :)

Good luck at the higher stakes, sure you will do well and sure you know to move down if you get a bit of the run bads. :)

Good luck on your goals mate.

@testuser1 I have 10 Euro UO ticket in my account that I don't need. Can you transfer it to Jonny

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@Magicadil wrote:

@testuser1 I have 10 Euro UO ticket in my account that I don't need. Can you transfer it to Jonny

Nice offer @Magicadil  but Im not doing that bad :) get it played and get to a UO :) Just got my stats.

Played my first games on Unibet on the 19/03/2014

SNGS

Played 2463 Cost 3218 Rake 162.62 Won 3343.47 Profit 125.47

Not brilliant but not loosing.

CASH

Played 33011 Hands Cost 38558.20 Rake 1213.12 Won 37440.13 Profit -1118.07

Thats not so good, need improvement there wasnt expecting to be losing :(

MTTs

Played 5070 Cost 28518.95 Rake 2823.43 Won 34500.62 Profit 5981.67

Thats a lot better :)

Happy with these overall results as I had only just started playing poker when I joined Unibet. Starting with 2+2 then Twitch and now here I just got hooked by the Unibet spirit and community.

I really dont feel I would have lasted this long at poker if it wasnt for the Unibet community in all its different forms and the staff that work there.

These results and the time I have stayed here shows that the moto is true "for players by players" and at the very least the plan of the poker team to keep rec players playing longer and enjoy the game more has worked on at least one person.... ME :)

@jonny2192 wrote:

@Magicadil wrote:

Nice offer @Magicadil  but Im not doing that bad :) get it played and get to a UO :) Just got my stats.

Played my first games on Unibet on the 19/03/2014

SNGS

Played 2463 Cost 3218 Rake 162.62 Won 3343.47 Profit 125.47

Not brilliant but not loosing.

CASH

Played 33011 Hands Cost 38558.20 Rake 1213.12 Won 37440.13 Profit -1118.07

Thats not so good, need improvement there wasnt expecting to be losing :(

MTTs

Played 5070 Cost 28518.95 Rake 2823.43 Won 34500.62 Profit 5981.67

Thats a lot better :)

Happy with these overall results as I had only just started playing poker when I joined Unibet. Starting with 2+2 then Twitch and now here I just got hooked by the Unibet spirit and community.

I really dont feel I would have lasted this long at poker if it wasnt for the Unibet community in all its different forms and the staff that work there.

These results and the time I have stayed here shows that the moto is true "for players by players" and at the very least the plan of the poker team to keep rec players playing longer and enjoy the game more has worked on at least one person.... ME :)

Well said Jonny. Good luck with your challenge mate, hope you had a nice christmas. :Thumbsup:

Good luck man ;) 

As @AndreiBN said, I think it's maybe better to leave 1€ sng for what it is. I find these way harder than the 2 or higher sngs  (the same feeling as I have with NL4 being harder than the higher levels) 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

All the best @jonny2192. Will keep following your blog. Bankroll management is key. I'm no world beater at poker myself but I've been able to avoid being busto and entering the deposit trap largely by being quite strict with my bankroll. I have bust my Unibet bankroll a couple of times but as I use my BRM spread over a few sites I've just simply had to skim some money from others to top up here. GLGL

Just got the extra details on my account.

I made my first deposit in feb 2015 of £30 to add my bankcard, So I had just under a year playing with no deposit.

I made a 2nd deposit of £5 in july 2015 to adda new bank card.

Thats my whole deposit history.

My withdraw history is a bit longer and adds up to £4130 add to that 1x1650e buy in to UO plus hotel and food, 8 x £220 UK tour seats.

Not bad for an initial deposit of 0.

Looking back on my figures, I think I am really just a break even poker player with all my profits coming from all the free tickets and monthly poker promotions. 

For instance I have won 600e from initial twitch promo, 1000+ from Milestone hands, too many to count tickets from twitch streams, 100s from prizedrop, tickets from missions and a few wins here on the community.

It all goes to show that you dont have to be the next poker super duper star to have more money than you started with by playing on Unibet poker.

@jonny2192 wrote:

It all goes to show that you dont have to be the next poker super duper star to have more money than you started with by playing on Unibet poker.

But you are the next poker super duper star!!!! :o

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF wrote:

@jonny2192 wrote:

But you are the next poker super duper star!!!! :o

@VikingsAF Funny thing you said that and this new badge appeared on my account :)

yellow-star.thumb.png.cebf5d8d54d95490619bce44d1bbaa93.png

ANDREIBN wrote                                                Well yeah,you're right.In the last month,after being able to only play on web browser,i kinda forgot how it is to play more then 4 tables at once.Even if you can do it now on web broswer as well..still it's to much trouble for me.

No matter the stake you can just have stages where what ever you do is wrong and ca asnt if your life depended on it. 

So will stick low as its not that many buy ins I have, would like my challenge to at least get to the end of January. 

Good luck at the higher stakes, sure you will do well and sure you know to move down if you get a bit of the run bads. 

Duckphobia is real and KK is cursed, If you know these 2 things you will do well on Unibet poker.

Wasnt going to start playing till January but had a quick play today.

Got the 10e UO from @Magicadil TYVM played that and got in TT vs JJ and lost that one :(

Played a freeroll won a bounty for 2c. :)

Played 5x1e SNGs won 1(1x3.17) came 2nd in 4(4x1.58 )

Balance now 9.70e

Tickets 34e

Continuing plan:-

Carry on using tickets in SNGs

Play the odd freeroll

Looks like Thursday is a good day for Unibet twitch so watch Sjlot in day, Davitsche at night and try to bink a raffle.

Seen moving on up promo is back next month, so definetly joining that as its one of the easiest promos to get guaranteed tickets.

Won a few bounties and won 1.18e for my position in the 100e davitsche freeroll.

Was running good near end of freeroll, then it all went bad JJ shove from BB K6 called in BB who had 40k

They hit K on flop 6 on river, could have had a nice reult there if that hand holds.

Also won a 4e ticket in David stream so the bot run good is still active.

Not much poker but balance is going up.

Archived