Betting Freeroll

Kamon

@Kamon wrote:

@JeppeL 

I think I found the solution. 

I tried a bigger bet and now it works. It seems 3000 HUF is not enough anymore since the HUF is weakened against euro.

Let`s merge it with that one, where i wrote yesterday: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Betting-Help/No-500-betting-freeroll-received/m-p/265982#M1705

I mention there three occasions when i didnt get the ticket. All of them was 3000 HUF bet. However, i had a handball bet for the same amount during this period (on the 22nd), and got credited. Im not sure anymore how it works :Geek:

IMHO we should be informed if thats not enough anymore (currency problem - understandable), or if any other criteria has changed, simply because this freeroll is there for ages, lets call a trademark tournament. But its not even at the promo page of the hungarian site, so there are no terms and conditions. Its not fun when i loose money and dont even get a ticket. 

• Like 1

@Kamon@cris1285@FunckyFish@wwaanneess 

Heya guys. Indeed, the in house currency map was updated and due to this some confusion arose, real sorry about that. since we don't have this information out publicly and I'm fairly sure that we won't be posting it either, it's always advised to place the bets at an amount which reflects the current value of your local currency in euro. 
Although I understand that for example for Hungarians the amount being set at 3000 huf had some good value because the actual value of the euro is somewhere at 1eur=340 huf, and there's no issue with that whatsoever. It was about time to update the currency map though. Sorry for any inconvenience caused guys, I'm looking in maybe compensating some players that actually placed bets at the old values, but no guarantees.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

@RayL Yeah, its understandable, but... The currency map was updated, but why us or the infos were not updated? There is nothing on the promo page (in the hungarian site), not even the original terms. So now when i wanna participate in the freeroll, should i open xe.com, calculate myself, and pray that i guessed the correct number? 🤣 Update that promo, and set the amount in stone, let it be 3300 or 3500 HUF from now on. Dont change it from week to week*, because the customer wont care what the current exchange rate is... 

*just check my account, one week 3000 wasnt enough (e-sport), the other week it was (handball), than now its not enough again. :geek:

@cris1285, totaly agree with you, the official amount for HUF now is 3500 for access to the Betting Freeroll.

I might be wrong with the next sentence, but I can't remember the values changing or the currency map being updated in the 4 years that I've been with Unibet, so I think we're good for a couple of more years with these values.

It would be awesome implementing a banner to the slip or so with the sentence "Your bet is eligible for the next betting freeroll." or similar. Second option is allowing people exchange their currency to Euro. Because Unibet don't have restriction like in Romania for that I don't see any obstacle allowing that.

@psrquack wrote:

It would be awesome implementing a banner to the slip or so with the sentence "Your bet is eligible for the next betting freeroll." or similar. Second option is allowing people exchange their currency to Euro. Because Unibet don't have restriction like in Romania for that I don't see any obstacle allowing that.

The only reason why this wouldn't work is that the betslip data is coming from Kambi's side and the Betting Freeroll eligibility is stored in Relax's systems and the 2 systems don't communicate, but it's an awesome idea none the less, just don't think it's feasible with the current technical setup. Not without allot of development at least 😞

@RayL wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

The only reason why this wouldn't work is that the betslip data is coming from Kambi's side and the Betting Freeroll eligibility is stored in Relax's systems and the 2 systems don't communicate, but it's an awesome idea none the less, just don't think it's feasible with the current technical setup. Not without allot of development at least 😞

I don't get it why should the 2 system communicate each other. If you have a freebet then you have the option using your freebet as your next bet or not. Making a record than bets over 3,5K HUF will show to user the following sentence "Your bet is available for betting freerolls" don't looks like a rocket science. Or I also can imagine implementing a little exchange rate calculator on the site and you could see the amount of your bet if you put the cursor over the sum.

@psrquack, the betting system would need to know if it's the first bet you are placing which is eligible for the betting freeroll and not present that info the second time you place a bet in the same day for example. As once the Betting Freeroll ticket is credited, you're not eligible for another one for a couple of days. This is why the systems would need to communicate, but they don't and won't as it's 2 different providers.

@RayL wrote:

@psrquack, the betting system would need to know if it's the first bet you are placing which is eligible for the betting freeroll and not present that info the second time you place a bet in the same day for example. As once the Betting Freeroll ticket is credited, you're not eligible for another one for a couple of days. This is why the systems would need to communicate, but they don't and won't as it's 2 different providers.

I understand this, but the system already knows if your bet is eligible or not. All we need is a new message towards the players if the bet is more or equivalent to 10 euro. So no need to further upgrate on Relax side.

@psrquack wrote:

You're starting to loose me @psrquack :happy:, isn't the whole purpose of that message to let you know when you are eligible for the Betting Freeroll ticket? 

Because this is what I am understading from your idea with the pop up message when you place a bet. There's a difference in the Kambi system letting you know based on our internal currency exchange rate when the amount entered equals 10 euro and between when your bet is eligible for the Betting Freeroll.

When we talk eligibility we are taking in account the amount you've placed a bet on, and if you've placed a bet before within the perion in which you can receive one freeroll ticket. 

In your case though, like you mention, players who have a .com account can exchange their account currency to euro by contacting Customer Service, closing their current account and opening a new one that is based in euros. But yeah, players who play on localy regulated sites that are imposed to use the local currency can't do the same thing.

@RayL wrote:

You're starting to loose me @psrquack :happy:, isn't the whole purpose of that message to let you know when you are eligible for the Betting Freeroll ticket? 

Yes, it was. The key is you should bet in equivalent or more than €10. If you do so you will get the ticket automatically. I assume there is some communication between Kambii and Relax already, otherwise ticket couldn't be credited right after the bet. So we don't need to change this communication at all. All we need letting the player know the bet will reach the €10 limit or not before the bet. My idea is implementing a record to the slip if your possible amount will be bigger than 3,5k HUF in our example, then you will receive a  betting freeroll ticket. That would be a little help to players who don't know the current exchange rate.

There is an intermediate Unibet system in between them 2 providers which takes care of these tickets, but there's no point in going into details, I get what you're saying, it would be awesome if it would be possible. The current exchange rate in terms of HUF is set at 3500 and is not likely to change any time soon. I'll make sure to pass the info along to the guys in poker to mention the minimal amount to be placed on a bet to be eligible for a Freeroll ticket. You guys are perfectly right in saying that this caused some confusion, which is something that needs fixing.