Be careful what to post on the forum!

stieglitz9

I opened a topic yesterday:

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/How-much-did-you-lose-or-gain-most/m-p/181258#M30626

Today I had an unpleasant surprise: they blocked my poker account for what I posted.
I may have my account locked for 1 month, those responsible for the game, have thought, I do not know what, related to the amount we lost.
I will not post anymore on the forum so that nothing else can be interpreted.
  The post I made with google translated and totally understood something else. If we were talking about 500 Euros or 5,000 Euros, but 53 Euros? I'm sorry, really bad.

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@stieglitz9 I wouldn't have thought that was the reason, it's probably something unrelated, people mention losing far more than e53, maybe @RayL can help.😃

@GR1ZZL3R, i'm pretty sure the post from yesterday was the real reson for blocking the account.

And it's not about the amount you lose, you can easily lose €2k , but if you have a bankroll of €20k, shoudn't be such a big issue.

It's more about how the situation was described : "I ask you to understand how bad my situation is". Not sure if that is what was meant to be said, as Google translate was used, but for sure the Responsable Gambling team was a bit worried :)

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

@stieglitz9 wrote:

I'm telling you I'm sure this is the problem, he called me on the phone after I insisted on chatting to find out what the problem is. That's what they told me!

One month for One post on forum !

I did have to talk to some dude too but it was basically like: do you have gambling under control. I said : yes.He: Ok, iĺl open your account again 🤣

We're talking about 53 Euros, what are we talking about?
Let's be more Catholic than the Pope!
I understand poker is a type of addiction like alcohol or drugs and can affect your mental balance, but let's look at the amount. Who could feel a financial imbalance that would affect her life after losing $ 50? This is a big stupor and an exaggeration or misunderstanding of the responsible game.

@Messwithme wrote:

There are people who don't always  have  gambling  under control so its maybe its good to have someone stepping on the brake when things like this happen.

Totally agree with this part.

But somekind of reasonbility would be nice. It just may turn against itself if members start to fear do i get banned or not and there for if someone has real issues with gambling, they may never to be found out.

@AndreiBN wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@stieglitz9 I wouldn't have thought that was the reason, it's probably something unrelated, people mention losing far more than e53, maybe @RayL can help.😃

@GR1ZZL3R, i'm pretty sure the post from yesterday was the real reson for blocking the account.

And it's not about the amount you lose, you can easily lose €2k , but if you have a bankroll of €20k, shoudn't be such a big issue.

It's more about how the situation was described : "I ask you to understand how bad my situation is". Not sure if that is what was meant to be said, as Google translate was used, but for sure the Responsable Gambling team was a bit worried :)

You hit the nail right on the head @AndreiBN, the wording in the post "I ask you to understand how bad my situation is" was the reason our Player Safety department felt the need to reach out and get in touch. As a company that provides igaming services and operates in regulated markets, it's actually part of the law for us to maintain our gaming license, that we follow up on it if a player mention anything relating trouble or that they don't enjoy playing - this goes both if you express it here or in a chat with a customer service agent. 

@stieglitz9 I'm sorry you got this phone call unexpectedly, but I can honestly say that we were only trying to look out for your best interest and be sure there was no problems regarding your play. It's unfortunate about your comment coming out wrongly due to Google translate having been used. 

Though this seems harsh to get a call asking about your play based on your comment, try and imagine the opposite. If a member had mentioned how bad the situation was for him or her while also mentioning a number of money lost, and then we didn't do anything and the member lost another big amount while playing out of control. I bet in that case the player would have wish that we did something and that's why it's both important for us to catch it before it happens, as well as part of the rules we have to follow in order to operate!

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

@stieglitz9 What did you expect? :D You write the below and expect Unibet not to take any action at all? 🤣 

The actual amount shouldn't really matter. If you're unemployed and living in a poor area of Moldova, € 53 is a lot. 

"I lost all my money, 53 Euros..... But what I know is that I made it very hard, from zero euro. I ask you to understand how bad my situation is."

@FreedoM you can write whatever you want - just check the off topic section :D - but if you state your situation is very bad, because you've lost too much, Unibet will obviously need to take some action. Would be irresponsible and stupid not to do so :)

Archived