Bad vibes = Bad beats

ChipsAhoy72

I know there's already a lot of threads about bad beats, but I want to talk about bad vibes. Have you ever been on such a bad downswing that you can predict the river card? You're not slow playing or making mistakes, and you know even if its a 2% chance that it's going to hit. It does and you start to feel like you're almost willing those cards to come yourself. Thus causing your own misery, once that happens to you and you start taking those kind of Beats how do you get that out of your head? I know I'm not alone, because everyone has the "rigged" story at some point. How do I get positive vibes? Take a break? No one wants to do that.

What do you folks do?

It's just an illusion.

When you're in a bad mood you start thinking about the negatives in every scenerio. So when you do get sucked out on, since you were already anticipating it, it doesn't seem like a surprise. However, mood & bad beats don't go hand in hand unless your mood is causing you to play differently in which case you have to find a coping method that works for you.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I understand that it's just a bad swing, and I couldn't play the hands any better. I just want to stop being so sure it's going to hit before it does. Really starts to feel like you're the one causing it. It's starting to cause tilting which I don't want. Maybe I'll think about women and puppies swimming in Scrooge McDucks vault during showdowns.

I know you guys already think I'm a nut, but I can't be alone here.

It's just an illusion.

Here's a fun video... that talks about an important concept.. Gamblers fallacy.

The bankroll management is well off but he's talking about a play money poker game.

But the gamblers fallacy is important not to fall into, the cards have no memory. So just because you have run bad, there's no reason why you shouldn't expect to continue to run bad, or start running good :)

Haha, I exactly know that feeling after an evening of receiving bad beat after bad beat, when you can see the runner-runner 2 high flush coming after the flop after you went All-in with aces and the chip-leadig table idiot calls you with 82o. Or when you have a read on someone and you call his KJ-Allin with AK only to get rivered by a jack.

That happens, but thank God, those things even itself out here at Unibet. I wouldn't say the same thing about other sites...

Solution? Close the client, turn off the computer and call it a day...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Thanks for the support guys! It can be frustrating. I know we all go through it, and a rest is all you can do, but when you are no longer surprised or even mad. It gets pretty bummy. I really just want to get rid of that feeling of assured dread to come everytime we flip the cards and I'm way ahead.

Needed a little feed back and reassurance. I'll be taking things cheap and easy till my doom clears up.

Thanks again.

It's just an illusion.

Well, That thought almost took over my mind yesterday and part of today. Do negative vibes matter? yes they do, they can affect the way you play, and make your decisions. Patience and mind clarity is what I been trying to achieve. Even then that river card got me 3 times while being deep in tournaments, since yesterday. 

So now I do my best not to associate what happened in the past and how that may correspond in the future. Every time I give myself a new start. That feeling of having a new start is always good, and been good to me.

And keep in mind that always acceptance to what has happened, will help you overcome those bad vibes. Even tho I sometimes think "What was that other player thinking calling me with those cards?", but they might have had a good feeling about them, or just pure luck and they had no intention to win.  

So many variables will affect things. Some have given you a good advice to take a time off, thats how you will generate some good vibes and self-assurance.

I wish you all the best of luck :) 
No diggity, I got to bag it up, bag it up!

, Well said man, and sorry for putting the voodoo in your head. :speechless: We all know its all about long term, and bad runs will happen. It's the anticipation and  knowing whats coming on that river is maddening. It's so damn hard to not think it. It's like seeing your Parents naked or something. You just can't unsee it. :waterfall:

I'm trying to stay positive. It'll happen or it wo'nt right. Whatcha gonna do...

The Community is pretty good for fixing the "vibes", well most of the time anyways....

It's just an illusion.

Archived