Bad variance

Eldred

@DoktorAvalanche wrote:

Today has been one of those days that make you wonder. It's when really poor, or even idiotic, at times mystifying, play is rewarded that it hurts the most. I find it useful to imagine just how much of a ******* ****** the villain was.

Twice today I can't even work out what they thought they were chasing.

Yeah, had one of those nights last night, it seems many players on Unibet have not grasped the concept of pot odds judging by the number of ridiculous draws I fell to last night when the good old miracle card hits the river! Not a bad thing in the long run though as the clowns will pay us off over time, bloody frustrating though!

• Like 2

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sabrinutza wrote:

maybe now, in 2019 it will be great if they put a note option in the poker app ... unibet is starting to be like other poker platforms ... all in, all in with garbage ...

I doubt it, that they will add a note option or color or anything else of this genre, they are all about protecting the recreational player, and it will be pointless because u can use a infinite number of aliases, so you are virtually anonymous at the tables. And that's what you want in a poker game, people playing garbage hands. If you want people to respect your raises climb up in stakes. #Kappa

My opinion is that if you can't adjust your strategy to beat the micros, you will not be able to beat higher stakes.

May this new year 2019 bring you good health and prosperity! :cash:

• Like 2

@DoktorAvalanche wrote:

@FreedoM wrote:

If you want people to respect your raises climb up in stakes.

That's not necessarily something you can rely on! 😏

i was sarcastic, that's why i put kappa in there. If people want to fish they will fish and if they want to donk they will donk at any stakes, so long they can afford it and the only thing you can do is adjust your strategy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don t know if players notice that after the last unibet client update ..the cards split sistem changed a lot ...  if 2 months ago i quit playing on  another site  because of the amount of bad beats on river ... now  on Unibet it starts happening the same thing ...   maybe we should rename Unibet    (Riverbet)     seriously ... until the last client  update everything was going just fine .... i won a few tournaments .. but now ..  i don t know ..   maybe i m wrong .. 

MeganW Let me say this. There sure is an incitament for any betting site to keep bad players happy. And being sucked out over and over again by two out callers/shovers, and also losing multiple all ins pre with AK vs Ax one after the other does not make you feel like everything is ok. Personally, I am getting sick and tired of being the appointed sponsor of whatever welfare program someone has implemented. But this is not the forum for discussing things like this. We are all suppoed to be happy suckers here.

• Like 1

Once I had posted the above, I start running so much better. Funny, isn't it? Btw, played a Falling Star and got all the way to hu with this chic who is passive 9/10, and then pops all in. So I work work her, and fold to the all ins until I pick up AK and she shoves TsQs and flops flush, had Ks but could not suck out, I never do, see. So, Iam down to 3k vs 107k, and all looks grim, but I in such good mood out of running normally so far in said tourney for the first time in weeks or so. And I'm like: "wtf, I can do this". And you know what, I did! Just by playing like a true poker god. Gosh, me so happy now, and Unibet is such a great place to be at! :0)

• Like 1

@DDP What you're experiencing is bad variance, so I've combined your thread with this one where there's some good advice on how to deal with the ups and downs of poker 😃

"Once I had posted the above, I start running so much better. Funny, isn't it?" @Dr_Yevskij That's awesome, it's especially important in poker to cherish the highs as much as one emphasizes the lows 😃

All the best,

Jeppe

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

@JeppeL  Thx for my thread edit ...  and the 2 nd thing .. it s not about  , how to manage bad beats or  ups and down ..it s about the changes i ve notice in the last 3 months ..  honestly ..when i started playing on unibet  i was amazed ,  everything was different ... everything seems to be more fair ...but now i m  a bit 😞    just my opinion .. maybe i m wrong  . GL HF   all

@Argevolen @Dr_Yevskij  but when you beat  AK with yours A4off  then everything is fine ... it's amazing how many think that  AK  AQ KK  AA QQ must win ... Guys do your homework!,  there is so many tools which shows you the numbers/percentages  ... 

everyone at the beginning complained about similar things ... after some time you look at things differently if you understand certain things ... my only advice: learn, learn and once again learn!

That's what the bankroll is for ...  to deal with variance (bad runs , bad beats) in long term 

and if you have doubts, do it with a deck of cards at home (without software) 100 times ...  ie.

AA vs 77, AA vs 910s

AQs vs j10s

AKo vs A9s

• Like 3
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@DDP wrote:

I don t know if players notice that after the last unibet client update ..the cards split sistem changed a lot ...  if 2 months ago i quit playing on  another site  because of the amount of bad beats on river ... now  on Unibet it starts happening the same thing ...   maybe we should rename Unibet    (Riverbet)     seriously ... until the last client  update everything was going just fine .... i won a few tournaments .. but now ..  i don t know ..   maybe i m wrong .. 

I honestly dont know how the Unibet reps find a way to reply to this sort of stuff seriously.

• Like 2

@PompeyPoker when you win everything is ok ...  when you have downswing   then everyone, everything is bad around us ...  for one it is Unibet ... another blame  global warming etc etc Yesterday I blamed mouse for stupid clicks :happyshy:

• Like 1

@pinki@ I don't want to be rude - but to be honest - the lack of normal punctuation just makes your messages like 10x more annoying to read. And don't you want that everyone reads your messages with the utmost joy and ease? I really hope that you could stick to normal punctuation in the future, please.

• Like 1

Pinky or whatever. Pls respond to what I am actually saying, rather than your whimsy interpretation of it. Not that I managed to really understand half of what you were trying to say due to the somewhat nonsensical way of phrasing it. But i do understand that you are prob one of these A3 all in callers "yeah, but I have suited A3!". What I am actually saying is that when you and your buddies keep hitting your treys or bikes or whatever over and and over again, that is when you start feeling that somehing is really bad. It's as if someone has pushed this button on you. Now pls read carefully before responding, or rather do not attempt reading/responding at all. This would prob be the best on all parts.

@Dr_Yevskij You clearly made up your mind, I won't tell you that it isn't rigged, but I will suggest something. If you figured out that it's rigged and how it's rigged, just practice what you preach, do all the silly moves like idk calling allin 100BB with A3, stacking off with J9, hell mix in a 72o in there, go allin every hand. If it's rigged for the players that do that then do it, make a lot of money, exploit the system. If you don't do it then it means that you yourself don't believe it either and you're just making excuses. :haha:

• Like 6

@Dr_Yevskij  Propably im one of them with A3 when i have some BB's. In many cases shoving any A is correct play. 

what I wanted to say is: stup some bankroll and learn -  that's all. I do not know since you play? Propably do you play nano/micro and are you surprised by the moves of some players? Get used to it. They have the right to do what they want with their money. If you'are decent player then A3off shover with 100BB  are a treasure for you, despite this, you will lose with him sometimes. If you dot understand this, then you must learn or quit this game quickly for your good/health. if you think you are a good poker player  then you have 10euro+ games. There you have players who will respect your openings, raises, bluffs works, they have some ranges. You will lose many times on micro, not because of the cards on the table, but bad play from others. If you do not see that AK can lose with A3 two, three times in row ... then there is nothing to talk about unless you really do your homework. EOT. 

• Like 1