Bad beats

TheWa11ter

Downswings and bad beats are part of the game. You have to learn to deal with it because it will happen again and it will be worse than this time.

If you get your money in good way more often than not, it’s just variance. Try to keep your A game if possible (it’s probably not). I had a terrible downswing on NL25 a few weeks ago and, looking back now, I played really bad in the latter stages of the downswing – at least for my standards. That’s always the danger because you want to win again and chase your losses, sometimes it’s unconsciously and you don’t really know it until it’s too late. So keep your cool and keep on grinding!

• Like 4

@Gofoh wrote:

Youre not alone man, ive been tired and sick of it when play good they get runner runner. but just try to stay calm. in the long run best player will win.

Staying calm is the only recipe – yesterday I lost two MTT hands within seconds with a higher pair vs. 44. Both times my opponent flopped a set. Yet, the probabilty for this to happen is 1/25, so this exact spot will come up once every 25 sessions – that’s a lot to be mad about. And it’s only one of many possibilities how things can go wrong.

For me personally, it helped to calculate the math in my head – to calm my thoughts. Hell, one time I lost a hand with 99%+ (it was at least 97%, can’t remember the exact number) equity at a final table to bust two players and have an insane chiplead (like four times their stacks) on the remaining combatants. But the poker gods decided otherwise and dealt out the exact and only runner runner that would make me loose or split the hand, can’t remember. I was sitting here, WTFing to myself but in the end I was able to overcome this absurdity and still win the tournament. You just have to be relentless sometimes, keep on going and in the end you will get rewarded more often than players that are unable to deal with bad situations.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I’ve been having a week like that picking up some sick ones at the open bounty freerolls as well as other sites I play on. 

The truth is and I say it all the time bad beats has always been a part of poker, sometimes we’re on the receiving end and then sometimes we give them 🆒

If you feel like you’re having a consistently drub run and the bad beats pouring down on you like thick pancake syrup, then it’s time to logout and go out into the world and interact with all of the splendor and majestic sites God has given us to enjoy. 

Thats advice for all players. :peace: out 🆒

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

He had runner runner flush and straight draw. It's a beat for sure, but don't act like he 1% you. You were a 90% favorite. 1 out of 10 times you are going to lose that hand. What's sad of course is when u made a set in a tourney and you get it in so good and they get there, that always sucks a lot.

• Like 1