BUG update

danny27dt

@Imonibus wrote:

@Stubbe-Unibet

@Patric-Unibet 

I'm experiencing a similar issue. My client crashes to desktop after attempting to start a table. I sent everything to the info e-mail but I have a small theory which might be helpful to the team in resolving these issues. I shall copy paste my original message to the info e-mail. I won't attach the files here though.

If it is any help, I noticed that every person that is having issues with the update (in the thread here: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/BUG-update/td-p/262090) seems to be using a laptop and are experiencing rendering issues. My log states that most of the assets are loaded but it never gets to load the table assets. This could be an issue related to integrated graphics cards (specifically, Intel). Though I did try forcing both my dedicated Radeon and re-forcing Intel integrated and the issue did not resolve itself.

RelaxCEF.log recently dumped errors into it (after reinstalling the client and trying again). Attached that as well as it actually has error messages in it. There are:

1) Failures to CreateMapBlock

2) An attempt to access a missing file causing the pipe to end.

3) Critical error -8.

4) Inconsistent LRU.

Finally, I noticed that after reinstalling my Unibet Poker client the "CoherentUI" folder no longer appears but it used to exist in previous versions. CoherentUI assets and libraries could be completely unrelated to the issue but I thought I should mention it.

A few additional thoughts:

1) Laptops might be a red herring as I can only access the info contained in this thread.

2) As far as I understand, the client assets and the table assets are separated and loaded through different APIs/assets/applications. There seems to be a rendering issue with the table assets as most people (outside of me) can actually get to the tables but no assets/graphics/textures are loaded as indicated by the black/white screens.

3) So far it seems to a be a rendering or file access issue. I tried changing directories (in case Win10 decided to be capricious in the Program Files folders) but that didn't help either.

4) The difference between my issue and the issues of others in this thread might have to do with cached or old files from previous installations. Since I am only a member of the community since April (or March, can't recall when I started) I might have had a "fresher" installation without previous cached or old files causing my client to CTD.

5) Finally, I noticed that the RelaxCEFHelper started using significantly more CPU resources after the update as I start the client. RelaxCEFHelper now maxes out my CPU for a few seconds and the login screen has gotten a bit laggy. Since there also seems to be an issue with file access (as indicated in the logs for CEFHelper), I'd venture to guess that something has been updated for RelaxCEFHelper which could be causing the issue.

Thx, @Imonibus, for your inputs. I hope Unibet take all of these into consideration. It is getting very frustrating not to be able to play on the desktop software since I consider myself a regular on the micrgames and make a living out of it. Now I have to move funds to another site because I do not have any other source of income. I hope it get fixed soon.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dr_Yevskij, I'm sorry you're having issues with the client crashing, and if you send us a hand ID or exact time, we will of course issue compensation, if the issue meant you lost 4BB.

That being said, I think you need to calm down - I get you were probably tilted when you wrote the posts. Firstly, it's not like we haven't done anything about the issue, and things are of course still happening when I'm away. Relax have got all the details posted in this thread, and the investigation is to be done on their end, not ours.

To everyone else, thanks a lot for all the details! And wow, @Imonibus, really appreciate the time you put into that post and all the details you sent to CS - really big help!

I've added everything in this and other threads to the tickets we've got with Relax. Might get back to some of you with requests for further information.

Update to follow later today. I just want to finish off the post by mentioning why we can't just let you play on the previous version. The issues are server and not client related, so we'll have to revert all changes and put everyone back on 2.31. There's also the issue with promotions, as the new ones would of course still need to be included, so it's not that straight-forward. Right now, I don't think that's the right thing to do, as it is a relatively small minority that's affected. If we know later today that it'll take weeks to get these issues resolved, we'll of course reevaluate this stance.

Again, really sorry about the issues and a huge thanks to everyone who's helped with details. I'll send some bonus points your way later today! :)

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-UnibetYes, I do need to calm down, spot on! And yours is the sort of response that calms people down. Containing info about what the issue is all about, and what is being done. I only wish UB realized the importance of responding in this fashion sooner. And also, I do still think you need to do some more squeezing on someone who is much too relaxed, know what I'm saying. Anyway, thank you Stubbe! Much appreciated!

• Like 2

Loading of assets issue (black table without background, cards etc.)

@danny27dt@wwaanneess@Nahkahuilu@FreakyPrince and anyone else with this issue, please see below.

1. We'll need the log file for this issue as well. See here if you don't know how to get it: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Poker-Bug-Report-How-to/m-p/134662#M22216. You can either copy paste it here or send it to my by PM.
  2. The developers have also asked you to try this "fix": In installation folder there is d3dcompiler_47.dll file. Rename it to something else for example d3dcompiler_47.dll.2 and try again

White screen when launching application

@EL_HEFAZO, you're "unfortunately" the only one with this issue. Sorry if you already mentioned it (quite a lot of stuff to keep track of right now - officially on vacation till tomorrow :)), but did you check that the drivers for your graphics cards are updated? Make sure both the onboard and dedicated got the latest version. Let me know if you need any help with this. I'll have a closer look at your issue later today.

Client crashing

@Dr_Yevskij@Imonibus@HonorTheGame, please try the below client version. When the client crashes, a .dmp file will be generated with details about the crash. The file will be stored in the same folder as the .exe file (the file you click to launch the software). Please send this .dmp file to me by email. My email is stubbe.buchwald@kindredgroup.com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hws1s66a8uq0ubl/win64-2.32.0prod-dump.zip?dl=0

• Like 1

@EL_HEFAZO, true, but I'm not sure those two issues are related (his application also crashes). One thing you could try is to run it on the onboard or dedicated GPU (whichever one it doesn't run on today). You should be able to switch in the software for the dedicated graphics card. As you're on a laptop, simply switching power mode might also do the trick.

@Stubbe-Unibet , thanks for your help, but i dont know how to switch between graphic cards. The software I have for nvidia just gives me options for 3d configuration. 

By the way, after uninstalling and reinstalling the poker client now I get a black screen. I dont know if that is an improvement xD

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.c6fccb9500d87c300a741ab9749c0362.pngScreenshot_2.thumb.png.75621568d41de1bbdaafbe938277bf28.png

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet and guys!

Thanks to your input regarding switching graphic cards, @Stubbe-Unibet, I managed to run the client by disabling my Nvidia graphic card from Windows (8.1) Device Manager so I hope I dont have any more issues using the software. I will make some tests during the morning here.  

Screenshot_3.png.f9a34450c905bcd6d225baa58c1bb525.pngScreenshot_4.thumb.png.dd2ea985f8cb966141cd23aba9dec570.png

Maybe this a is a temporary fix for all here having issues with crashes. I am not sure, but you can try what I did.

PD: Thanks for the gift I found!.

• Like 2

@EL_HEFAZO, really happy to hear it worked! Device manager is indeed the easiest way to do it, but doing it through the windows settings is the "safe" way where it's difficult to really mess things up, hence I linked to that :)

I'll pass it on to the devs.

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet 

Hi Stubbe, I've done the 2 steps you asked us to do! :)
I've got the Poker Log --->> 1.thumb.png.e6e78438db0ce8ddfa6e745a7365f1c1.png2.thumb.png.cb07b02a0cf69d59a25be7a3de588f70.png3.thumb.png.224b54477d368c0bcd1ea6731bd8c529.png4.thumb.png.71851831df765ea75942bf6ed50e19ac.png

I've tried step 2 (Changing the name from the  d3dcompiler_47.dll file , but that didn't worked... Just getting the same results when i'm trying to open any table... When i'm open the poker client with the browser ( from the unibet site) then everything works...

Thnx for trying to help ! And big thanks for the bonus points! Hope everything will going to work again.. I miss poker :(

• Like 2

@Nahkahuilu, are you able to help with the previously requested details? - dxdiag and log file.

Unfortunately no update at this stage, but it got the highest priority. We have tried reproducing the issue on more than 15 different machines, and we haven't had any luck yet. Only thing the machines seem to have in common is that they're relatively old.

• Like 1

@Nahkahuilu, thanks!

Quick update. We are one step closer to having identified the root cause; it's related to CEF (Chrome Embedded Framework). Still don't know when it'll be resolved, but I'll keep you posted. Of course hope for a solution before the weekend, but afraid that's unlikely :)

• Like 1

Hey @Stubbe-Unibet 

Sent you an e-mail regarding the .dmp file but it seems the version can't generate one for me o_O. RelaxCEF.log fills up as usual.

I tried a few more things:

1) Removed all Chrome extensions. Didn't help.

2) Removed Chrome entirely. Didn't help.

3) Reinstalled Chrome. Didn't help.

4) Disabled my dedicated GPU. Nope.

5) Booted in Safe Mode with Networking in case something was blocking CEFHelper's work. Didn't help - the app just crashes faster at the same screen.

I had a few more thoughts which I can't test:

1) Are we certain the error is on the Unibet Poker client's end? Maybe Chrome Embedded Framework has been updated and is causing the crashes. I recall there was a critical uXSS error in Chrome discovered back in the day but it was only available when Chrome was used in iOS. So the bug was on Apple's end instead of Google's. Maybe something similar is happening here - I checked the most recent commits and bug fixes and a few changes were done quite recently (2-3 days ago, probabaly everything is relevant up to a week ago). Unfortunately, that's where my knowledge ends and I cannot check if that could be the issue.

2) There's a very weird, very small thing I noticed that did not happen previously. I doubt it has any value, though. On Update 2.32 when I type my e-mail I get the red squiggly line underlining everything up to the "@" (like in Word when it detects a spelling mistake). This did not happen before Update 2.32.

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet @Patric-Unibet 

Can't edit my previous message for some reason.

Possibly found the culprit in the Issue section of CEF: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/2731/resolution-related-crash-in-new-osr-8309

"What I’ve been able to figure out - at least on my system - is that it will crash consistently if you use a view width of 920 or higher, it will crash consistently if you use a portrait aspect ratio, or an aspect ratio that is approaching a square. It doesn’t really seem to have to do much with the number of pixels involved since you can make it crash using a very low resolution if the aspect ratio is portrait (for example 320x480 crashes but 480x320 does not). 919 seems to be the maximum width you can make the view size before it crashes, the maximum height is in the 800 neighborhood but it seems to be a bit inconsistent, sometimes it’ll crash sometimes it won’t (you need to set the width to 919 to even get to 800 high)."

So CEF introduced a render issue with a recent update. Seems to be related to resolutions - would explain why older systems and mostly laptops are affected. Laptops generally have smaller screens and old machines can't run the newest widescreen resolutions which could cause the client to force buggy resolutions for tables. Unibet Poker client also has no native resolution changer (neither for the client itself or tables). I'll try to tinker with a setting file (or .XML if I find one) to see if I can resolve this.

EDIT: Fixed. Disabled my integrated graphics card (which was the one setting resolutions). Unibet Poker reset the window size of tables and it now works! Though this is only a temporary fix as it creates a host of general UX issues.

• Like 1