At what age did you get interested in Poker?

Magicadil

For me it was at 16. It's pretty bizarre how I got into Poker. I kept getting invites on Facebook to play 'Zynga' & I kept ignoring them. The notifications kept piling up so I decided to see what all the craze was about. It was at that moment that I fell in love with the game.

How were you introduced to Poker & at what age?

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Started learning the basics of poker on videopoker machines on the boat from sweden to finland, since we went every summer, so started playing on those at age of 8-9 pretty much.  Learned to play 5 card draw from my father at around age 11-12, and got intrested in onlinepoker around age 16. Started playing with money pretty much at that point on my father account. He sponsored me and got 50% of wins, good deal for a young kid. Good times, now 27 and I still like to play. Not proffessionally though.

Born to gamble..

For me it was when i was 17, I started playing the 500 man freerolls on a web browser site called Pitbull Poker. You got like 5$ for 1st prize or something like that. I was such a noob that I would get in the money and sit out :D. Nothing ever came of that but not long after I got more serious and built a bankroll playing SNGs on Stars/FTP. :)

Not actually Old.

25 i guess , and i was playing only freerolls with over 500 ppl and 10 dollars prizepool. preaty cool at that moment but thats how i build my bankroll and start learning poker.by the way my favourite starting hand was K2 off :)

you not the only one :)

I started poker last year, at age 46 thanks to the streaming of poker on twitch.  Never thought of playing that before and i thought it was fascinating.

Its a little bit quieter to play than Battlefield or other fps :)

my friends were playing poker at the end-of-week all together, not online, but I perferia play call of duty or wrc ... :) and after much insisting for me to play, I decided I would play even without knowing the rules, or even that there was a trio, or flush, etc ... my first game was a disgrace ... but when I got home I was curious to learn the rules of the game, and then walked to give the tV a program poker, and I was seeing, until I bought my first book at 23 age, and registered me in various poker rooms, and started in the freeroll, and even not had bad results, and started to get passionate about the game, and room that was more like Unibet :) and until now never stopped playing a few days more than others .... :)

My first contact with poker was at University, my dorm roommates played poker at a daily basis so i played 1 game and lost :(, then i played all night 'WSOP 2008 Battle for the Bracelets' and the next day i was winning :D and from there i was more and more hungry for the game, thank god for online poker and all the information from google! #cheers

My first memory is in India at age 4. Gambling is illegal there but at our xmas everyone plays 3 card poker (brag). We were playing in open shed like structure that was meant for the cows. My sisters were helping as i probably didnt have a clue. What i remember is getting trip tens and getting all excited while my sisters telling me to calm down and put my cards down. Hooked....

Archived