Advice on what to do with a 50eur MTT

TDW

Hey guys, i just won a 50eur MTT ticket from a tournament to which i accidentally registered.

Now, im kind of new to poker and have not that much interest in it. From what I can see this ticket can be mainly used for other tournaments/qualifiers.

Basically, i want to turn this ticket into cash, whats the safest way to go for a novice poker player?

If i could turn it into 20-30eur cash i'd be more than happy!

@GR1ZZL3R,
I'm aware of that :(
From what i can see it can be used in "5k odyssee, 2k sputnik, 1.5k UK tour final or a 250eur 4 tix qualifier".

I guess the 2k sputnik is the best/safest pick here? :/

Or will there be better options in a few weeks? Its 1 month valid.

@TDW wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R,

I'm aware of that :(

From what i can see it can be used in "5k odyssee, 2k sputnik, 1.5k UK tour final or a 250eur 4 tix qualifier".

I guess the 2k sputnik is the best/safest pick here? :/

Or will there be better options in a few weeks? Its 1 month valid.

@TDW  tomorrow the tourneys will appear in the schedule, but not so much choice except some qualifiers anyway.

I would play the daily Comet if impatient, but it's better to wait until Saturday as then is the softest €50 tournament - Milky Way. I've seen so many atrocious plays in it that some €5 MTTs are tougher imo.

A little brag - finished 3rd in yesterdays one

333.thumb.png.f57b4119fdfc30085b937c21563e0a51.png

@TDW

Sputnik is a rebuy tournament. Is the Milky Way on Saturday still running? If so, I always liked that game very much. Doesn't take too long and has a nice structure.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@TDW

Sputnik is a rebuy tournament. Is the Milky Way on Saturday still running? If so, I always liked that game very much. Doesn't take too long and has a nice structure.

Odyssey is a rebuy too and the Comet and Milky Way are the real options. Btw MW is one of my favourites too 😃

@wwaanneess@VikingsAF

It's a regular ticket i guess:

afbeelding.thumb.png.565070a9953b8e22a5ae6d6eedce858a.png

And I'll probably stick to the "normal" tournaments and not to the UO simply because:

1. For the UO i'd need to win in 2 more tournaments to get a chance to win cash (first a 250€ tix tournament, then buyin to the 2k tournament Sinaia and win there again for a UO package, after which i'd have to travel to have a shot to win something) - the odds of getting trough that are pretty slim for me

2. I simply wouldnt even have the time to travel there :p

Will stick to the lowest variance thing i can find :)

@TDW wrote:

@GothMothYay, both the Comet (today) as the Milky Way (saturday) have shown up now.

What exactly is the difference between these tournaments?

@TDW  The Milky Way and the Comet are both freezeouts, so it's up to you to choose between the softer one, but with more players(so more luck dependant) or a smaller field, better opponents and a bit longer levels in the Comet.

Btw today I expect an overlay in the Comet, but the payout places will be fewer in such case.

Survived the 2nd hour aswell, sitting at 7800 chips, 29/60 players left, top 9 to be in the money.

Not too bad seeing the cards i got so far (not a single pocket pair above 10/10, and only 3x AQ,KQ or KQ).

Lets gooo ?

Upon moving to the final table, i sat right next to the BB. Pulled QQ. Decided to go for it with an all in. Everybody folded but the BB himself. Pulled AA. Nothing on the board. Game over.

Bit of an anticlimax there, but definately cant complain.

I hate this game so much :)

afbeelding.thumb.png.bcbf5357c63cda7a8d4f256f0e1d8b2a.png

PS.: Thanks to ya'll for the advice. My goal was to turn this 50€ ticket into at least 20€ cash. Managed to pull 110€ out of it. Would take that deal any day! :D

Archived