Account Locked For Unethical Play

LoonieToonie

hello has anybody had there account locked out for unethical play? i recently had my account locked with claims i was using artificial intelligence (Robots) to play for me which is completey absurd i talked with support and had my account unlock with the promise i would not use such programs again which i dont i didnt even no such things existed.

i did confirm to support that i play on several other sites like pokerstars were i do use holdem manager which is allowed there so is the problem using a hud on other sites well playing on unibet at the same time? they were very unclear if that was the reasoning for the lock out.

anyways my account is back on now but im very nervous of the situation because they can lock my account again and confiscate my funds the email said and how can i prove otherwise. i enjoy playing on unibet and love what there doing for the game with not allowing HUDS, all the promotions they have and being able to change names as often as u would like is just awesome but is my account and balance safe.

PLEACE HELP

Hey @LoonieToonie,

As you mentioned, your account is OK now. The only way to get it locked is to use 3rd party tools while playing on Unibet. This is forbidden in our T&C and will result in an account closure. This is something we take a really strict line in and will take action if we have any indicators of said softwares being used. 

Even if you're using such software for other poker clients and not Unibet, you're not allowed to use the software at the same time as you're playing on Unibet.

• Like 4

Unibet has banned using 3rd party programs, but they are very popular in lots of other poker rooms. If you don't use them, you put yourself at a disadvantage, so I would consider it as a must when playing at other poker rooms. And frankly, they make your life a lot easier, especially when multitabling. Stats don't lie.

@pinki wrote:

@SCOBY many people are playing also stars and 888 where many programs can be integrated into their software. However, you can't do it at Unibet, so what's the problem?  

ok now I'm quiet, because I play mostly on unibet.😃

And as for Ian's stream, I didn't have time to watch it.As long as it does not affect me I am quiet about using the programs elsewhere.

• Like 1

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

@ReCorpH wrote:

Hey @LoonieToonie,

As you mentioned, your account is OK now. The only way to get it locked is to use 3rd party tools while playing on Unibet. This is forbidden in our T&C and will result in an account closure. This is something we take a really strict line in and will take action if we have any indicators of said softwares being used. 

Even if you're using such software for other poker clients and not Unibet, you're not allowed to use the software at the same time as you're playing on Unibet.

Just want to elaborate a bit on this. It's okay to use third party software on other sites, but if the software is also supporting our client, you'll run into issues. Simply put: never use any 3rd party tools which CAN interact with our client.

• Like 4

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Hey nice you got your account back, I think it's nice Unibet give a chance in case someone didn't understand etc.
But I would say also for me this is one of the best features of Unibet poker. People have been saying poker is dead in sngs and heads-up for ages at any decent stakes due to bots etc. So Its great that Unibet take a really active stance against this. I remember when Unibet Poker was first opened and the site was touted as being for regular social players, this was clear in the promos which didn't over value pros who just churn volume, with promos like double trouble helping anyone that's lost money in a week! Unibet still is true to these principles which is awesome. I don't play poker as much as I used to, but when I do I always choose Unibet, and this is a huge part of that reason, also the community and the way the site cares about building a fun environment for all players that is also fair. Anyway pleased you got your account back, good luck at the tables!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

So today, I got my account suspended and reinstated for alleged use of a 3rd party program with unibet. Personally, I have had Unibet open with stars, 88, other reputable poker sites and some chinese ones that have now ceised their operations. I've used huds, stars helper with other poker sites that allow that as unibet was open and never had an issue with this. However, over the last half a year or so, I've been exclusively playing on Unibet with an exeption of 2 weekends where I fired up stars on sunday (note here, I've played on stars without any huds or other programs).

Now comes the fun part. I had my unibed account suspended last night/today. Read the acusation, contacted live support and had my account back in 20minutes or so (smooth). But, knowing that I've not used anything as I played, worries me that I might have my account suspended again (as I understand, this time without an opportunity to get it back). Is there anyone I could inquire about the details of what was "spotted" running with the client? (I've seen the program list and even commented on this thread before) For all I know, it might have been antivirus program or a keylogger, who knows?

p.s. I have been using Unibet for years now with no issues or missconduct on my side, I have been an active member of the community here and I just want to know so that I wouldn't have to withdraw money everyday not knowing if I might just have my account suspended over night again (this time for good).

p.p.s. I've just finished scanning my computer with malwarebites, no threats found.

@Stubbe-Unibet @ReCorpH