A how-to on poker bug reporting

Stubbe-Unibet

Bug reports are to be submitted in this section: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/bugreports, but if you're new to the community, feel free to post it below, and I'll move the post for you 🙂

Windows client

Regardless of the device, a good issue description is always key. We need to understand what you did, saw and how we can possibly reproduce the issue on our end (don't worry too much about the last part, as we can figure that out, if the first two are described in detail). I've made a small template for you, which you can just copy and paste, when creating the bug report.

1. Bug description (template)
When did it happen: 21/10/2020 around 12:05
Hand ID: 100299493 (if the issue is related to one or multiple hands, the hand ID is very useful)
On what client did it happen: Windows client (the different clients: Windows client, Mac/OSX client, Browser client (specify if mobile or desktop web), Android app, iPhone/iPad app)
Internet connection when issue occurred: WiFi (the different connection types: wireless, cable, cellular (internet through mobile phone) 
Bug description: Every day, when I log in to the client, I have to enter my credentials twice. The first time I enter the credentials and click login, I end up on the login screen again and have to enter my details again. The second time the login works. It seems like the issue is related to the country/language being selected on the login page.
Presumed steps to reproduce: 
1. Open the Windows client
2. On the login page, make sure no country is selected in the dropdown menu
3. Enter you details and click login

Expected result: I'm logged in
Actual result: I'm still at the login screen and have to enter my details again

2. Screenshot of issue

A screenshot of the issue is often a huge help, as we can see exactly what you saw, and it'll also have details like the hand ID. 

3. Your log file
We'll more often than not need your poker log file, as this has critical details about your connection and other aspects. The log file is called "Poker_log.txt" and can be found in the following folder: C:\Users\******\Documents\Unibet Poker. 

4. Technical details about your system
Some issues are local - something isn't working on your end - which means there's nothing we can do about it from our end. In order to identify if this is the case, and in order to be able to reproduce the issue, we will need some basic information about your computer. We'll need two screenshots from you, from your dxdiag; one from the display tab and one from the systems tab. 

Mac/OSX client

Regardless of the device, a good issue description is always key. We need to understand what you did, saw and how we can possibly reproduce the issue on our end (don't worry too much about the last part, as we can figure that out, if the first two are described in detail). I've made a small template for you, which you can just copy and paste, when creating the bug report.

Hand ID: 100299493 (if the issue is related to one or multiple hands, the hand ID is very useful)
On what client did it happen: Mac client (the different clients: Windows client, Mac/OSX client, Browser client (specify if mobile or desktop web), Android app, iPhone/iPad app)
Internet connection when issue occurred: wireless (the different connection types: wireless, cable, cellular (internet through mobile phone))
Bug description: Every day, when I log in to the client, I have to enter my credentials twice. The first time I enter the credentials and click login, I end up on the login screen again and have to enter my details again. The second time the login works. It seems like the issue is related to the country/language being selected on the login page.
1. Open the Mac client

2. Screenshot of issue

A screenshot of the issue is often a huge help, as we can see exactly what you saw, and it'll also have details like the hand ID.

3. Your log file
We'll more often than not need your poker log file, as this has critical details about your connection and other aspects. The log file is called "Poker_log" and it can be found in your general "Documents" folder.

4. Technical details about your system
Some issues are local - something isn't working on your end - which means there's nothing we can do about it from our end. In order to identify if this is the case, and in order to be able to reproduce the issue, we will need some basic information about your computer. We'll need a screenshot of the "Overview" tab in "About This Mac". See further info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203001

Browser client

Device type: Windows computer (windows computer, Mac/OSX computer, Android phone, Android Tablet, iPhone, iPad or other mobile device)
On what client did it happen: Browser client (the different clients: Windows client, Mac/OSX client, Browser client (specify if mobile or desktop web), Android app, iPhone/iPad app)
Internet connection when issue occurred: wireless (the different connection types: wireless, cable, cellular (internet through mobile phone))
1. Open the browser client

2. Screenshot of issue

3. Technical details about your browser
Go to http://supportdetails.net/ and copy the URL at the right side (see picture below). Paste the url in the bug report. You can also take a screenshot of it. Feel free to hide the IP address.
supportdetails.PNG.cdff9365fb91bbf60d4009692b0b2033.PNG
4. Advanced, desktop only (not needed, but in some cases very useful)
- Windows: If you've still got the browser client open, click anywhere within the client window and then hit F12 on the keyboard. You'll now see a window similar to the one on the below picture. Click the console tab and take a screenshot or copy and paste the text from this page. 
console1.thumb.png.df3588850f851be5a4b35196b1116a2a.png
- Mac/OSX: Check out this guide: https://balsamiq.com/support/faqs/browserconsole/. What we'll need is a screenshot or copy and paste of the information in the console tab.

Android app

On what client did it happen: Android app (the different clients: Windows client, Mac/OSX client, Browser client (specify if mobile or desktop web), Android app, iPhone/iPad app)
1. Open the Android client

2. Screenshot of issue

A screenshot of the issue is often a huge help, as we can see exactly what you saw, and it'll also have details like the hand ID. Exactly how to take the screenshot will depend a bit on your Android device, but generally speaking you should hold down the power button and the volume down button. Doing so for about a second should take the screenshot (you can tell by a visual effect on the screen, indicating the screenshot has been taken). Few more details can be found here.
Not sure how to add a screenshot to your community bug report? Click below
Click the camera/photo icon in the post editor
82325898_485943245677046_6401976104210399232_n.thumb.jpg.fd6fc6d997cebc73ccb40e61371f3e2e.jpg
This step might look slightly differnet on your phone, but you should see a "Files" option.
82574376_512604642716287_3798852187665203200_n.thumb.jpg.e571eb463885181e698b5da229a92af6.jpg
Now select the screenshot you wish to upload
82142287_1061574907521898_4725676512047529984_n.thumb.jpg.5f42f09d406c0d3b51ef240a770de39e.jpg
Now just click done and the screenshot will be added to the post.
82622180_2617730061609162_4837898686027530240_n.thumb.jpg.28b54810a89f0314a7bcfc016d0cb6c6.jpg3. Technical details about your Android device
This one will also depend on the device you've got, but you can usually find the details by opening the "Settings" application and then scroll all the way to the bottom, where you'll see "About phone". We need to know your model number as well as Android version (Android version can usually be found under "Software information"). You can also download the "Droid Hardware Info" app, which gives you all the information on one page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkwired.droidinfo&hl=en_US

iPhone/iPad app

On what client did it happen: iPhone app (the different clients: Windows client, Mac/OSX client, Browser client (specify if mobile or desktop web), Android app, iPhone/iPad app)
1. Open the iPhone client

2. Screenshot of issue

A screenshot of the issue is often a huge help, as we can see exactly what you saw, and it'll also have details like the hand ID. Here's a good guide on how to take a screenshot on an iPhone: https://www.imore.com/screenshot-iphone

3. Technical details about your iPhone/iPad
We need to know your iPhone/iPad model (for instance iPhone 😎 as well as your software version. You find the software version by going to Settings -> General -> About
about_iphone.jpg.fbc789d50477dc9c12302f58f408768c.jpg

• Like 4

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, mike1954 said:

The link https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Bug-Reports/idb-p/Bug_reports does not work get message "The page you requested does not exist".

@mike1954 Yes, sorry. The guide is a couple years old. You can just create a thread in general poker instead. 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions