5 Seat Sit n Go

Ole800

Anybody playing these regularly? What do you think of it?

I have recently started playing the 25 Euro 5seat regularly, and I'm really enjoying these sngs here at Unibet.
I was crushing the 10Euro for about a week before starting to play the 25E, and to be honest players aren't much better. :) 

Would be fun hearing from other good players. What strategy do you use, what do you think of the level? 

I prefer the 2SNGs because they are so fast, I feel for me at least I can get a better win rate per hour playing the 2s than 5s.

I only really play 1 euro games but have managed to get 10 wins in a row more than once which I think is a lot better than I do at the 5s.

Also even early in the morning you dont need to wait for a game to start at the 2s

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

The 5 euro sng, rates amongst the best format of poker i've ever played. They are just awesome in my opinion. The variance is lower than 6 mans, so you reach the bubble quicker, which I enjoy.

The 4's seem looser than the the 10's (as you'd expect no doubt) but I don't have as much experience with the 10's.

If there was some way to boost the early hours that would be cool. In the quiter times if I'm playing sngs, I tend to fire up some headsup, so perhaps the low traffic on the 5's in the early hours is impacting the success of the 2's , because if the 5 mans arent running, people will naturally jump into a headsup if they want a quick game I guess.

But for sure the 5mans on Unibet are amongst the games I enjoy playing the most.

Ole800 wrote:

Anybody playing these regularly? What do you think of it?

I have recently started playing the 25 Euro 5seat regularly, and I'm really enjoying these sngs here at Unibet.
I was crushing the 10Euro for about a week before starting to play the 25E, and to be honest players aren't much better. :) 

Would be fun hearing from other good players. What strategy do you use, what do you think of the level? 

btw Ole do you have skype, it would be good to talk strategy some time, PM me your skype if you fancy chatting strategy etc sometime :Rockon:

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

I'd be interested in feedback here because 2SNG have performed a lot better than 5SNG lately and it's not clear to me why.

Without sounding like an ass because you guys are very fair with bonuses and other promos, there have been no SNG promos for the last 2 months. There have been multiple times when I wanted to add in another SNG but did decide to end my session early because the games at the SNG 10 level weren't filling up fast enough. Especially when you're moving away from peak hours. I haven't played them, but I always keep an eye on the SNG 25 traffic and there it must be even worse, games above that level almost never run.

Like @Ole800 said, I think the setting with just 5 players instead of 6 players is great and definitely not the problem here. Games fill up quicker, the variance is lower and what I like the most is that the heads-up phase is still interesting here. Most of the time, you can even be behind 2000-8000 and you still have time to outplay your opponent without the need to turn the game into an all-in fest.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Personally I don't really enjoy playing the heads up sng's, as I consider it a different game where my edge is way lower than it is at the 5max. I prefer to play 4 tables at once, and that is usually possible without any noteworthy wait, but low traffic can be a problem sometimes. The rake is also good, and I think that I've read that challenges are coming to sng which will be excellent.

@SkilfulPoker wrote:

btw Ole do you have skype, it would be good to talk strategy some time, PM me your skype if you fancy chatting strategy etc sometime :Rockon:

I can send you my skype. I'm certainly up for that.

@WuDu wrote:

Without sounding like an ass because you guys are very fair with bonuses and other promos, there have been no SNG promos for the last 2 months. 

We can't do a promo for every game type every month.  People get used to it, and when we remove it, people get upset, so we lose both ways.  SNG promos are always going to be less frequent than MTT or cash, because they're a smaller split of the revenue.  

That said, 2SNG are performing much better than 5SNG, with identical promo frequency.  So I don't think that's it.

@Ole800 wrote:

I think that I've read that challenges are coming to sng which will be excellent.

Yeh, I was hoping we'd have that for Q4, but the 2.0 release means it won't be until January now.  

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Part of the problem could easily come down to loading time.  If a 2 man SNG gets a 2nd player in 1 minute but a 5 man takes over 5 minutes then there's a good chance the rec players have discovered this and just want to play any poker.

Some type of promo for just 5 mans followed by a HU promo might be good to see how people react coming over from Cash or MTT's.  I think in general this would help bolster the 5 mans more.

@Sect7G wrote:

Part of the problem could easily come down to loading time.  If a 2 man SNG gets a 2nd player in 1 minute but a 5 man takes over 5 minutes then there's a good chance the rec players have discovered this and just want to play any poker.

Some type of promo for just 5 mans followed by a HU promo might be good to see how people react coming over from Cash or MTT's.  I think in general this would help bolster the 5 mans more.

As a side note to this, if there is ever a mission that needs to be completed regarding SnG's I'll always play HU because it's quicker to get a game and to play the game. It might be worth altering the missions so that they are 5-max only.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived