25e Deepstack 4k Reg close early?

blainetoms

Hi, i try to play the daily deepstack everyday and the late reg recently got changed (means you can max late reg level 12 instead of 11) 

I usually come in from the day and pretty much max late reg, which used to be 18.55 gmt but since the level 12 change its 19:10

Today I open the client at around 18:50 and the tourny lobby, it still hasnt broken it's 4k guarentee and the clock reads just under 20 mins left of registration. 

So I go to make a coffee, come back at about 19:03 with plenty of time to reg theorectically but the reg has been closed early? And according to the lobby it still hasnt broken gurantee. 

I'm just wondering why this happened? Esp as closing reg early means there's no chance for the tournament to make it's gurantee, it just seems like an odd policy from my view. 

• Like 1

Hi @blainetoms, the only reason I could think of is that "In the money" was approaching and registrations closed earlier so nobody can sign up when almost in the money. You wouldn't happen to have a screenshot of this by any chance?

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

no screenshot im afraid but when i checked there were over 120 entries which means the bubble is usually in the mid 20s and after the break i'd say there are usually about 80 players remaining so that doesnt seem super near the bubble from my perspective.

it's happened before (but not for a long time) if it does happen again i'll screencap it and take a note of the tourny number for here.

@blainetoms, the screenshot would be appreciated and vital to have a closer look at this and possibly start working on a fix. Apologies for the inconvenience none the less 😞, please let us know if it happens again.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Hi @blainetoms ,

I can only guess but usually where situations like this happen are very particular, let me give you an example.

A tournament starts with 10 players and a player gets knocked out early on, he would finish in 10th place, then a lot of player late register and since there is already a '10th place finisher' (the system counts him as that), the maximum places that can be paid would be 9. So what happens then is, the registration will close earlier if the 9 in the money spots approach, so nobody can register so late that they almost make the money just by signung up.

It is a glitch in the way the tournament setup was programmed and we are aware of it.

It doesn't happen too often thankfully.

If this happens to you again, please make a screenshot, this will be helpful to make sure.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The issue seems to have popped up again in todays deepstack. As you can see the clock reads 19:03 and registration according the structure isnt due to close until the end of level 12 (which is in progress) or 19:10 but registration is unavailable.

It seems to only happen when the guarantee hasnt been broken before 19:00 

UNIBET-DS-13-08-19.thumb.jpg.7f0d0e13c7776df189359c84b033df36.jpg

Hey @blainetoms ,

this is the problem I mentioned before.

Someone busted early in 26th place, meaning that the maximum of players until registration is closed is 126 players, since from 127+ players 26+ places would be paid.

It's a problem in the logic as the system logs players in position they finish (so in this case two players in 26th position), rather going after the time period when they got knocked out.

It is on our bug list to be fixed, it doesn't happen too often thankfully but yes, it leads to confusion.

If anything unclear, please let me know.

Thanks