2 Day Weekend tournament

Andy-Relax

Hi All,

We're looking into the possibility of adding a weekly 2-day tournament to the schedule and would like to know your thoughts on which combination of days you would prefer to play on.

https://www.strawpoll.me/42430887

If you have had any positive or negative experriences playing two day events previously on any site we'd love to hear about them as well.

• Like 8

Poker Janitor

I'd love this. I think it could work really well for the Supernova, or alternatively for a Friday night tournament, resuming either Saturday or Sunday for the day 2.

An interesting idea could be running it Friday, with day 2 Sunday, but having late reg still open (the structure would have to allow for late reg to get you in with a decent stack). This would have the advantage of utilising the higher volume the site see's on both Friday and Sunday.

• Like 1

Room for improvement imho: i've participated in quite a few 2day mtts on unibet where day1 finishes agonizingly close to the money. Sure, for some big series events it's always hard to estimate the actual turnout. However, it's so frustrating to have to sit down again the next day with 5 BBs and 10 Players til itm just to bust 3 before itm after half an hour of play. I would much rather prefer to play day1 down to the money than a fixed time, like 1 a.m. or whatever it is.

Regards,

Tillus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Andy-Unibet 

not sure if that's still topical but:

1. Breaking the Supernova between 2days might be not a bad idea, someone's suggested that already. Certainly you could find people to avoid playing that cause of the very late FT having resposibilities in the morning. Therefore it could be paused with 18/9players or on a certain level and continue on Monday evening with people not having these concerns. 

2. Phase tourney 25-50€, with multiple day1,  Mon-Sat, played to a ceartain level, and continued on Sunday with your best stack only from any of day1. 

3. Monthly Major 250€ scheduled for every last Sunday of the month, breaking down similar to 1. and resuming the next day. Qualifiers run throughout all the month, may be UK Tour pattern. 

Have a nice day!

• Like 2

@Psycho79 wrote:

Hey @Andy-Unibet 

not sure if that's still topical but:

1. Breaking the Supernova between 2days might be not a bad idea, someone's suggested that already. Certainly you could find people to avoid playing that cause of the very late FT having resposibilities in the morning. Therefore it could be paused with 18/9players or on a certain level and continue on Monday evening with people not having these concerns. 

2. Phase tourney 25-50€, with multiple day1,  Mon-Sat, played to a ceartain level, and continued on Sunday with your best stack only from any of day1. 

3. Monthly Major 250€ scheduled for every last Sunday of the month, breaking down similar to 1. and resuming the next day. Qualifiers run throughout all the month, may be UK Tour pattern. 

Have a nice day!

I'd like to see the Nova move to a 2-day if it's going to keep the structure it has now.

Phases need software development but I'd also love them.

I really, really, like the idea of changing the UK tour to a monthly €250 online. I know it's not quite your idea but with live poker not looking likely in 2021 this would be a much better way to use that sat tree and add an extra big monthly to the schedule. Will discuss with the team.

• Like 3

Poker Janitor