Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mckuula Rank 4
Rank 4

After a very long conversation with customer service in chat, I finally got my case finished. Now I have to wate for transfer, so I'll have little bit bigger smile on my face later this week! Good luck to all players!

Things tend to be arranged!

livertool Rank 19
Rank 19

mckuula wrote:

After a very long conversation with customer service in chat, I finally got my case finished. Now I have to wate for transfer, so I'll have little bit bigger smile on my face later this week! Good luck to all players!

Things tend to be arranged!

Don´t hold your breath yet until money is in your bank account Very Happy Wouldn´t be the first time customer has thought it is settled now and later found out that it isn´t. Hopefully not in this case and you get your money, congrats on wins Smile

"I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing"
0 Likes
Highlighted
mafu Rank 7
Rank 7

@Jeppe-Unibet the livesupport ain't any help. And we have now 10 days since withdraw request. Is this normal at unibet for big winners???

I will post the chat here, this is some kind of funny ;-)chat1.jpgchat2.jpg

0 Likes
DepchZ Rank 12
Rank 12

For a customer this case is worrysome and it is not the only one of it's kind when reading the internet boards. Unibet is a company of a good standing I know and it is something where you want to put your trust in, but no one can deny that reading stuff like this makes the customer wonder.

Question is why verifying an already verified account takes so many days? Is the first verification just to check that the documents look all right at hand by the company and the second one required in co-operation with the officials if the withdrawal exceeds an amount of xxx in certain countries? If that is the case and procedure demands it in the specific country I understand. I know the police deparments have their own channels to discuss with companies and information of that is not given by the company to the customer. That would be a good way to avoid money laundering at a larger scale (while I still disagree on is changing digital bits considered money laundering if it comes and goes to the same account and thus is easily traced).

Now I do not want to put pressure on anyone personally, I already thought Jeppe had to withstand too much pressure from some of the community members the other day. We like you @Jeppe-Unibet you know that. Smile I came out too harsh the other night on that, we finns usually take our privacy / safe zone very seriously and that can get under our skin when offended even on a theoretical level and social media type of frenzy picks up on too easily.

Cases like these just makes you wonder what if it was you in that situation just wondering what is going on. The first type of verification should only take 24 hours on a weekday, but the second one if it is not dependant on the company alone would make sense taking several days.

0 Likes
TarotPower Rank 10
Rank 10

man more i read this cases i'm more convinced that i should never do any deposit on Unibet and if someone ask me to share my opinion about Unibet and their desire to hold your wihtdrawals for sure i will...not recommended network for sure!

Its like they do some great stuff like this forum and many others but at the end what is most important like $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they stall and give you questions....well i raither go to rudemantal networks without any forums and anything but with withdraws without stalling and ridicoulus requests

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mckuula I can confirm the same from here, the withdrawal is already sent and on the way to your bank account. Thanks for sending in the correct documents and remaining patient, and congratulations on the win! Smile

@mafu I was just in touch with someone from the Player Safety department, he said the source of funds document isn't correct, as it doesn't show the source of the funds from which you did the two main deposits from Skrill on the 17th of September and 8th of this month. Could you please upload the correct document(s), we'll try and push it for the relevant department to have a look at soon as possible once done so.

@everyone else: I'll try and cover the thoughts expressed here in due time Smile

/Jeppe

0dividedby0 Rank 10
Rank 10

RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

Varus, give me back my legions!
0 Likes
BonusPater Rank 23
Rank 23

Alright, let's get a couple of misconceptions out of the way.

• An account can be fully verified. The verified account aspect is mentioned a lot of times, and it simply doesn't make sense to talk about an account as fully verified, as that's an utopia. An account can never be fully verified. As long as you use your account, new requests can happen. It's like this on all sites - it would be completely unresponsible if that was not the case.
  • Unibet are the only ones to request source of funds/it can only happen a few places. As wrong as it can be. If the bookmaker is operating in the EU, they can't really avoid this, if they want to follow the legislation. Failure to comply can result in huge fines and ultimately the bookmaker can lose their license (Unibet was actually fined € 80k for failing to request source of funds in a Danish case and Gala Coral was forced to pay out £ 880k in a similar case). Paddy Power, Bet365 etc. etc. all request this kind of document in certain cases. Is it possible to find an operator that never requests such a document? Sure, but I don't think it's a place I'd deposit.
DepchZ wrote:

As far as I know you can't use a different withdrawal method from the deposit either if you follow Unibet procedures (and perhaps exactly for that reason). So If the 10k originally came from your bank account to Skrill and then came off as 8k back from Skrill then it still fits my narrative aka. when being investigated there is no actual laundering to be seen. It is just the origin of that money that is in question and any winnings or losses with them can still be confiscated by the officials from the bank account then, that should never be a case for the gambling company, just the officials. This also applies even if the 10k was sent to your Skrill wallet by someone else, it just makes it harder to investigate but the money can always be followed to which bank account the money has been withdrawn from the Skrill wallet then.

Not sure why you think the bookmakers are not obliged to follow many of the same rules as the banks? You don't have to make withdrawals for a source of funds to be needed. As evident from the Danish case I link to above, a bookmaker can be fined, if they don't request source of funds for deposits that amount to a serious sum. It doesn't really matter if you withdraw to the same method that you made the deposit with, but not doing so, that obviously won't help.

These cases are always a hot potato, as people take their privacy very serious, and I totally get that. However, people saying they'll stop playing at Unibet, that's a bit absurd imo. As already mentioned, this is a request that can happen pretty much anywhere, and how many cases have you seen, where the source of funds was needed? One, and there're several houndred thousand customers using the site, every week. It's obviously not a common request, and I feel there's just a good a chance of hitting the daily jackpot as being asked for this doc as an average customer.

Wanted to write a lot more, but the post is already a bit too long Smile

Former community manager. Used to be known as "Stubbe-Unibet" | Bundesliga blog | How NOT to play poker blog
0 Likes
mafu Rank 7
Rank 7

Hello Jeppe,

thanks for your help.

i talked to Guide in Chat. I sent you my salary (this is my source of funds) and my skrill transactions (all what i ever made from skrill to unibet). 

So i don't know why this is not good enough?!? Can you please check? Thanks

0 Likes
livertool Rank 19
Rank 19

@BonusPater

Danish case i couldn´t understand, although my sisters husband is danish i haven´t learned enough, but actually that Gala wasn´t fined but had to pay back to those for whom had been stolen which is totally different imo than being fined. Surely there must be alarm if someone is depositing and gambling almost million. Don´t know this OP case but i would imagine that we are not talking those kind of many in this case.

And another thing that, the sites that you are talking about seem all be in UK except Unibet and that gaming commission is certainly British so maybe that has something to do with it?

"I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing"
0 Likes