Lets make a real slot for fun

jonny2192

So for a fun project lets make a real live slot game for fun.

I will build the game and I will ask questions and will use the answers to make the perfect community slot.

I will add temporary builds of the game as we go along for people to test it.

So first question.

What theme?

Post suggestions on theme, it can just be a written idea or a picture of symbols for reels.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You actually have the means and know how to build a slot? Cool. Then maybe you cound sell it to Unibet exclusively if it turns out okay. :)

I'd like something gothic, like a haunted castle or something, but there are loads of those types of slots around already (albeit not exactly how I want them) so maybe someone else has a better idea - something that hasn't been done before.

Anyway, this thread has lots of beautiful scenery pics that could serve as inspiration and there are some interesting ideas for themes here as well.  mentioned the seven wonders of the world for example...

@Valkyrie wrote:

You actually have the means and know how to build a slot? Cool. Then maybe you cound sell it to Unibet exclusively if it turns out okay. :)

I'd like something gothic, like a haunted castle or something, but there are loads of those types of slots around already (albeit not exactly how I want them) so maybe someone else has a better idea - something that hasn't been done before.

Anyway, this thread has lots of beautiful scenery pics that could serve as inspiration and there are some interesting ideas for themes here as well. @desinere mentioned the seven wonders of the world for example...

I have a framework that I can use to create a slot for fun.

Some thoughts.

Because this is Unibet Community slot theme could be that :womantongue:

Symbols letters and Unibet Community Staff profile pictures so Stubbe and your friends, you could be a stars!

This letters could be used, when that whole text appears randomly on the reels  you will get bonus game. 

wildest.jpg.1adc79dd301cf62417ad9eb02f1f7514.jpg

Bonus games could be atleast  3 different, "fight" against Unibet Staff in different ways, sports, gambling or what ever you like.  would you like to be a star with other boys of Unibet Staff? :womanvery-happy:

@Valkyrie @kokkini @Dowelikestew

The slot should be Unibet Community themed. The design can be based around a forest, showing a peaceful environment. For the symbols, We should use our own face. Depending on how many symbols there will be, will determine the # of people who will need to post a photo of themselves. Wilds can be the face of Unibet Staff, & three of  face will trigger the bonus round.

Thoughts? I'm still thinking of potential bonus round ideas.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Three pictures of me could possiblly trigger nausea nevermind a bonus round. :)

Some info to help from readin the docs.

We can have any number of rows,reels,symbols.

Can set our own win lines.

Multiple bonus types and scatters available.

@AndreiBN 

@AndreiBN wrote:

@jonny2192 How long do you think it will take to create a slot like this?

How long is a piece of string?
Could get up a game later today but it will be the fine tuning that takes time and getting to how we want it.

If its a popular subject and gets the community involved then we could make it a regular community thing.

I've asked because i have no idea how this slot are made and what is involve in their development and would have been interesting just to get to know the basics and like how long will it take for a slot to be created and how many people are involved into it,stuff like this :P .Good luck with this project,i'm sure it will be very popular among the community

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

Looks good, . Do the symbols have to be round or can they be made in any shape?

I agree with  and  that it should be a community themed slot. 👍 I wasn't even thinking in those terms when I first replied, but it definitely makes sense. It'll be interesting to see our very own community slot developed from scratch. It would also be fun if the Unibet guys became involved in this little project. 😃

Using photos as symbols is a nice idea, but we have to consider that not everyone wants to upload their pics here, I'm one of them, but those who do should definitely get the chance to be featured in the slot. I need to think s ome more about bonus features and such, but Magicadil's current avatar would definitely make a great scatter symbol to trigger the bonus round. 😃

@Valkyrie wrote:

Looks good, @jonny2192. Do the symbols have to be round or can they be made in any shape?

I agree with @desinere and @Magicadil that it should be a community themed slot. 👍 I wasn't even thinking in those terms when I first replied, but it definitely makes sense. It'll be interesting to see our very own community slot developed from scratch. It would also be fun if the Unibet guys became involved in this little project. 😃

Using photos as symbols is a nice idea, but we have to consider that not everyone wants to upload their pics here, I'm one of them, but those who do should definitely get the chance to be featured in the slot. I need to think s ome more about bonus features and such, but Magicadil's current avatar would definitely make a great scatter symbol to trigger the bonus round. 😃

Symbols can be any shape,  I would say only problem with using photos is then mixing them with other graphic styles i.e avatars. Maybe cartoonize the images to keep a unified style.

I think to keep things in bite size tasks, we do a bit at a time.

So first task, choose symbols.

I think we need an actual sysmbol i.e pic/avatar etc

A frame for each sysmbol like the circle in the current one.

We can have any amount of symbols so thats not a problem.

So post either an image or idea you would like as a symbol or a background frame.

If a symbol doesnt fit in with the style can then look for similar alternate images in the correct style.

@jonny2192 wrote:

Kind of thing I was thinking for frames

frameexample.png.bcf9399126458b327a38eb9230912bc2.png

I like the 7th frame best (1st in 3rd row). Had to click 'quote' to see picture since there's a bug currently while posting images.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

It would be nice to add a wheel of doom minigame. Or a slot with yours and Mynona's avatar with Jamie's one. If one of those three avatars make a four of a kind then should a minigame starts with the title Jamie was kidnapped, free him every monday on twitch or similar. A minigame should be a shooting-gallery or a point and click game.

First of all: what an awesome thread and great work by ! 👍

We have considered a Unibet Community Slot, but we're still not sure about how to go about it, so this is great inspiration. The main issue is that we don't actually develop any games ourselves, but have providers doing it, so it'd require a fair bit of investment to get a complete game developed, unless we can get one of the suppliers convinced of the great idea of having a slot that's been 100 % defined by the members. We're still looking into this and trying to figure out the best way to it :)

I'll be following this thread closely and I'm sure  will as well :)

, if you need any Unibet visuals/graphics in vector format or certain resolution and format, just let me know :)

Ok I will stick with the current symbols, I will add some more if/when some are posted.
I will use the stubbe image as a background for a big win.

Now I need to know-

How many reels, how many rows.

Also low/medium/high amount of paylines.

@jonny2192 wrote:

Ok I will stick with the current symbols, I will add some more if/when some are posted.

Now I need to know-

Maybe six wheels, so we can incorporate Kokkini's suggestion about having some kind of "challenge the Unibet staff" bonus round (like a penalty shoot out, playing a poker hand or whatnot) activated when the UNIBET letters all appear on their respective wheels. Three rows and 25-40 paylines - or 243 ways if possible.

Btw, I like the blue frame, but to make it fit better with the theme, maybe you could change the colour to Unibet green? 😃

@Valkyrie wrote:

@jonny2192 wrote:

Now I need to know-

Maybe six wheels, so we can incorporate Kokkini's suggestion about having some kind of "challenge the Unibet staff" bonus round (like a penalty shoot out, playing a poker hand or whatnot) activated when the UNIBET letters all appear on their respective wheels. Three rows and 25-40 paylines - or 243 ways if possible.

Btw, I like the blue frame, but to make it fit better with the theme, maybe you could change the colour to Unibet green? 😃

I like the letters idea, Was thinking C-O-M-M-U-N-I-T-Y as well.  Could have 9 reels for this and U-N-I-B-E-T showing on the first 6.

Quick edit of frames. You thinking more like this @Valkyrie 

SlotsSymbols0000.png.63d3d81fea4ca73d47e7eb2923eb7aa5.pngSlotsSymbols0001.png.6323a4799d1e7ba410b0ce42ea78012c.pngSlotsSymbols0002.png.7f8fff981affaea969af15bbe7db9ce7.pngSlotsSymbols0003.png.9d68ffd17a02396a3ae64d88cfe3385b.pngSlotsSymbols0004.png.23e21c2d48a571737163302d0d2f316c.pngSlotsSymbols0005.png.ce6920354b51093d8bb7e70cde258205.pngSlotsSymbols0006.png.80f3b25bb46be3c12a3cdd970a1d1920.pngSlotsSymbols0007.png.1225dafca786028bdcca7aeeb574bc49.pngSlotsSymbols0008.png.e78f5e04a9d05bd01d9c52d833688453.pngSlotsSymbols0009.png.c29a0e7f169c77d82a06c84dc0a4d484.png

@jonny2192 wrote:

I like the letters idea, Was thinking C-O-M-M-U-N-I-T-Y as well.  Could have 9 reels for this and U-N-I-B-E-T showing on the first 6.

Quick edit of frames. You thinking more like this @Valkyrie

Yeah, kind of. Those are a bit bright though. I was thinking more like the background color you have in the slot now.  So the frame is darker that the background within the frame, if you know what I mean. 😛

EDIT: Removed the pics from quote becuase it just became one looong line that took up the whole page and looked really weird.

Archived