the €131.88 Poker Journal

Nestabear

I'm so sick & tired of being bubble-boy... so I thought of a plan to make me, & some other unlucky players I'm sure, feel a bit better about being bubbleboy/girl. 

How does this sound for an idea... 

It's called " Earlybird Bubble Insurance " & how it works is, if you register into a tourney before the start of the late registration period, then you get insurance should you end up being bubbleboy/girl then you get your buy-in back.

Maybe the bigger the field, the more bubble places could be insured, so the number of bubble players will correspond to the number of entrants. For example... 

Tournament Entrants Bubble Protection Candidates

10 ~ 991
100 ~ 4992
500 ~ 9993

Only some tourneys will boast the "Earlybird Bubble Insurance" of coarse. 

What do all think, good or not & can it be it be implemented? 

@GR1ZZL3R @psrquack @Brocky @FreedoM @Merenitsu @GN1991 @JeppeL @theMachine @pinki 

• Like 1
Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

@Nestabear  A similar idea was proposed recently but there is a flaw. Say there's 9 paid so the bubble is 10th place and gets paid compensation, the new bubble is 11th getting nothing. Why not insurance for them? and so on and so on. Exactly the same situation just one place removed each time. I'm afraid it's a non starter. :waterfall:

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@Nestabear  A similar idea was proposed recently but there is a flaw. Say there's 9 paid so the bubble is 10th place and gets paid compensation, the new bubble is 11th getting nothing. Why not insurance for them? and so on and so on. Exactly the same situation just one place removed each time. I'm afraid it's a non starter. :waterfall:

@GR1ZZL3R... If there are 9 places paid then the 10th position is bubbleboy/girl & gets his/her buy-in back... end of story. There's not more insurance as you go down the line. The number of bubble boy places insured is determined by how many players join before the late registration period 

@Nestabear I know what you mean but I'm still saying if 10th gets something back then 11th is the bubble that gets nothing. 😃 It's not really viable, you have to draw the line somewhere no matter how you juggle with the numbers. What happens when you keep ending in this position, you'll be wanting more insured places and it will just go on forever. 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@Nestabear I know what you mean but I'm still saying if 10th gets something back then 11th is the bubble that gets nothing. 😃 It's not really viable, you have to draw the line somewhere no matter how you juggle with the numbers. What happens when you keep ending in this position, you'll be wanting more insured places and it will just go on forever. 

If 10th get's something back it's because he was bubble boy and he's buying was insured before the tournament started and he is getting his buy-in back @GR1ZZL3R 

It would be 3 easy steps @GR1ZZL3R.. .

• Look for the tourneys wirh ‘Bubble Protection’ within the tournament lobby
  • Register before the start of the tournament (Early-bird)
  • Get your buy-in back if you bubble (finish just outside payouts)

@psrquack wrote:

I like the paying structure of the €0.50 UOS, when the last prize place doesn't accumulate the buyins so if the buyin was reached payfield jumpst to next place. Unfortunately this works by rake free tourneys only.

@psrquack It is  good especially  when someone plays these satellites for a certain purpose.. This was also the case for 0.2-1 € MTT.   I don't know why @Leo-Unibet  changed it: /   Nobody:wonder: plays these qualifiers for a € 0.4-0.8€ prize :annoyed: It was bad move very bad move @Leo-Unibet   :happyshy:

• Like 2
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@Nestabear wrote:

I'm so sick & tired of being bubble-boy... so I thought of a plan to make me, & some other unlucky players I'm sure, feel a bit better about being bubbleboy/girl. 

How does this sound for an idea... 

It's called " Earlybird Bubble Insurance " & how it works is, if you register into a tourney before the start of the late registration period, then you get insurance should you end up being bubbleboy/girl then you get your buy-in back.

Maybe the bigger the field, the more bubble places could be insured, so the number of bubble players will correspond to the number of entrants. For example... 

Tournament Entrants Bubble Protection Candidates

10 ~ 991
100 ~ 4992
500 ~ 9993

Only some tourneys will boast the "Earlybird Bubble Insurance" of coarse. 

What do all think, good or not & can it be it be implemented? 

@GR1ZZL3R @psrquack @Brocky @FreedoM @Merenitsu @GN1991 @JeppeL @theMachine @pinki 

Hello @Nestabear , That to me just sounds like bubble will be moved one position down the ladder, there will be a new bubble boy.

This is nothing we going to impliment, we do it sometimes for special occasions, we had Dara poker book as a prize for the bubble at UK final Saturdays.

You told me before that we're having to many paid possitions, now you want to add one more possition paid 😃

• Like 2

@psrquack wrote:

I like the paying structure of the €0.50 UOS, when the last prize place doesn't accumulate the buyins so if the buyin was reached payfield jumpst to next place. Unfortunately this works by rake free tourneys only.

@psrquack  You got this wrong, the number of prizes is decided on how many unique palyers there is in the tournament. It has nothing to do with rebuy/re-entrie , just number of players, if the tournament hits the next range of players e.g. 31-40, the numbers of paid possitions will increase.

Even if the tournament is rakefree. 

• Like 1

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

Hello @Nestabear , That to me just sounds like bubble will be moved one position down the ladder, there will be a new bubble boy.

Thanx for the feedback @Leo-Unibet.

I know it sounds like the bubble will be moved one position down the ladder, but all that happens is if you finish just out of the money, (bubbleboy/girl) you get your buy-in back, because it was insured, because you registered early.

It was just an idea  

P.S. Check your messages Boss, I sent you something to check out. 

@Nestabear wrote:

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

Thanx for the feedback @Leo-Unibet.

I know it sounds like the bubble will be moved one position down the ladder, but all that happens is if you finish just out of the money, (bubbleboy/girl) you get your buy-in back, because it was insured, because you registered early.

It was just an idea  

P.S. Check your messages Boss, I sent you something to check out. 

@Nestabear  I know it was for "because you registered early"

We don't really have any thoughts it players register early or late, it's up to the palyer to have options that fit their type of game, I find that good.

The only issue with regestring late is that some tournaments doesn't start because it's too few players, then it's obviously not good.

So it could work good on qualifiers which have a hard time starting ometimes. Thanks for your input 😃

• Like 1

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

@psrquack  You got this wrong, the number of prizes is decided on how many unique palyers there is in the tournament. It has nothing to do with rebuy/re-entrie , just number of players, if the tournament hits the next range of players e.g. 31-40, the numbers of paid possitions will increase.

Unfortunately you misunderstood my post. I was written about the different cash distribution systems, not about the number of prizes. There are ticket qualifiers in where if the buyin is less than a ticket then you will get your buyin back till they can't generate another ticket from buyins (this system worked at €0.20 buyin qualifiers and now's working at €0.50 UOS qualifiers) and the majority of the qualifiers accumulate the buyins in one place till they will reach the price of the ticket (like UO qualifiers).

• Like 2

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

@Leo-Unibet I'm confused :wonder:  "It has nothing to do with rebuy/re-entrie" ? 

I think it has and should have :) with  rake or without it.

• Like 1
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

The only issue with regestring late is that some tournaments doesn't start because it's too few players, then it's obviously not good.

So it could work good on qualifiers which have a hard time starting sometimes. Thanks for your input Smile

Yeah... I just had it happen, where the tourney was cancelled due to lack of players  

Maybe in the future you guys could try it on the saties & see how it goes. 

#veryhopefull #bubbleboysux #buy-ininsuranceplease

P.S. Just a side note... another option would be to have the option for buy-in insurance, when you register for the tourney, say for a €2 buy-in you pay €0.20 insurance, that means only 10 players have to take out buy-in insurance & it covers the price of the insured buy-in. If that makes any sense ?  

My opinion is the same as what Gr1z said, all you're really doing is moving the bubble.

If you're bubbling tournaments often then it's probably better to assess why. Are you going into the bubble as the short stack often? If so, you're likely playing far too tight and scared just before the bubble. If you're not the short stack on the bubble, are you bubbling because you're too reckless?

Not sure if you're talking about normal MTTs or satellites. For normal MTTs the majority of our winnings come from the top 3, so there is often little benefit to creeping into the money and we should be leveraging our stack to maximise the chances of top 3. For satellites, well you'd be much better off reading Dara's book than following any advice I have.

• Like 4

Thanx for the advice @Brocky...I'm busting out with a small stack, basically getting squeezed out. So I think I'm a bit tight just before the bubble Mate. Gonna switch gears & see what happens.

Thnx again for the advice, it's much appreciated 👍

• Like 1

Ongoing poker issues

We're currently experiencing issues with the tournament lobby. A short maintenance downtime is needed, in order to solve it. Ongoing tournaments will be cancelled as per the cancellation policy. Apologies for the inconvenience!

... & I was so looking forward to the Omaha Freeroll :waterfall:

• Like 1

Hey, like your story herenis mine and you can ASK UNIBET TO CONFIRM AND I CONEST THEY DO, I made account here years ago when no deposit bonus you got free cash tickets and had to see 750 flops with it and if you got that far you kept what you had I got to 54 euro and in days was up over 500 euro then bingo and blew the lot. So came back other day and put 5 euro on got upto 100 euro and then thought I'd play bingo again, well last night was down to 5 euro and this is why I wanted to reply, the tables are so soft, this morning I sat down with the 5 euro at 10nl and within 2 hours 60 plus euro so I'm back 2 have some euro for these nano leader boards I'm 13th at min, just done my 2 mission tickets like you, the 1,000 and 3,000 my main point is this your 7 euro you have just go play well and tight and your soon win they are mental here like me the only time I play properly is whn have less than 10 euro and I always get back up to 50 plus, done it twice since my 5 euro deposit, any way good luck hope this makes sense I'm typing rapid

• Like 4